ADVERTISIMENT
Sat:Closed

Reviews and Complaints

CVS

CVS Pharmacy — prescription insurance fraud

CVS employees price gauged by giving me an out of pocket price, when I have insurance. How do I know they...

CVS3 times rip off

I have been going to this cvs since they have opened. I am not sure what is going on with this cvs, but on three different occasions at check out, I was being charge two times more than I was suppose to. Two times I was stupid and did not check the receipt until I arrived back at the house. Once was buying personal items as in shampoo and conditioner. I did not check to see whqat I was charged, like I said I have been dealing with this particular cvs since day one, the second was halloween candy that was on sale and I was charged $11.00 for a 3lb bag of chocolates, I corrected this charge in the store, the third again not until I arrived back at the house, for a twelve pack of pepsi and a container of cashews I was charge $19.55 and the nuts were on sale for $6.99. Why is it that people cant get it right. This is not the first company I have heard of that does not update their computer system of their ups's and it scans wrong. Why is it that I have to spend $100.00 more a month for items that should not be priced high due to a company not doing their jobs to update their system. Cvs doesnt care about their customers and never have its a convient place to run into being they are located next to the grocery store. I have been shopping at cvs's all around since they have open and I have never come across a cvs like this one, just because they stop selling cigarettes doesnt mean they need to rob from their customers to make their quote for the year. The true fact is that they lost their license to sell cigarettes and now are acting like they care of our health and this is why they are not selling cigarettes any longer, not true! If you need something, I suggest you put the extra effort into going to another store for your personal items, soda and nuts before you end up spending an extra $100.00 to put into their quota pocket, why be taken advantage of from a company? Theres no need and as consumers to have to fork the bill due to they lost their cigarette license and are ready to fall on hard times and loose the cvs store in general. I fell on hard times due to breast cancer and you do not see me taking advantage of others because I fell on hard times. What gives them the right to take advantage of us! Please take your business to another store, thank you, jean. Usually I pay attention to my receipts,, please check your receipts even if you know them!

Comment Guidelines

37 Responses
    • Sk
      skaman Jan 16, 2015

Lost their license to sell cigarettes? This is absurd. If that were the case, they wouldn't stop in every state, because IF there were a license to sell cigarettes, it would be given by the state, like alcohol, which is the reason you can go to cvs' in California, Florida, Arizona, et cetera and buy beer and or liquor, but not in pa or ny. Plus, with the hundreds of thousands of dollars they spent in promotions for stopping smoking, and the free consultations (which are both time consuming and costly for the pharmacist) ON TOP OF THE FACT THAT CVS SOLD CIGARETTES AT THEIR STATE MINIMUMS AND THE AMOUNT RECEIVED PER PACK WAS LESS THAN 5 CENTS, I believe you just forgot to scan your CVS card, or misread the advertisement. All sales are taken off after using the CVS card, and some sales require a minimum of two items to be purchased. Scan in a receipt and an ad, I guarantee it's one of those two. That, and sales are actually not put through company wide. The store manager has to actually go through a process and download the sales prices. It takes 10 minutes, and if you get there on Saturday before they do that (sales technically start Saturday) then you're not going to get the correct price, because sales are not required to be changed until 11:59pm. Amd for the love of god, check your receipts in the store. That part's your own fault.

• Dr
      drawdraw Nov 04, 2014

The CVS Pharmacist is rude and arrogant toward Customers.
      They sell a product that they know is has been discontinued.

• Na
      natapalermo Oct 23, 2014

CVS IS REFUSING MEDICAL TRATMENT ON A ACCIDENT THAT I HAD AT WORK IN 2007 I HAVE SEND WORK COMP A DR. REPORT 5 TIMES BUT THEY REFUSING TO HELP THIS INJURY WAS NEVER ADDRESSED BECAUSE OF THEIR NEGLEGENT I'M SUFFERING.

• Av
      Ava11 Dec 19, 2013

Every time I go in to this store I am unable to purchase any allergy and sinus meds that had -D. I understand the laws on sales however it is inconvenient to be shopping and have to hear their system is down. It is down 5 days out of the week. I will no longer be having perscriptions filled there nor shopping there

• Ju
      JulesZee Jul 11, 2012

You would be much better off getting the money back to spend on CVS products,
      as originally promised, during their "EXTRA BUCKS" campaign.
      Unless you own a scooter, I don't see the point of having a gas card?
      Maybe you can fill up 2 gallons worth, depending on the state you live in.
      Gas in California is super expensive. And we drive a lot!
      I loose money driving around trying to find a SHELL station in my area.
      To receive a $10.00 Shell card means nothing to me.
      I bet the shareholders of CVS own "STOCK" in Shell oil. Money goes to money!
      The Ralph's Grocery chain pulls the same crap.
      So the more we SUPPORT Shell Oil, the more t stock goes up in value, and the more money CVS & Ralph's CEO's make off our hard earned money! Not fair my friends...think about it.

• 10
      $10freegas! May 20, 2012

$10 FREE GAS! FREE $10 GAS CARD WHEN YOU SPEND $30 OR MORE ON SPECIALLY MARKED ITEMS
      WOW WHAT A RIP OFF -- ALL THESE ITEMS THAT WERE INCLUDED IN THIS SALE ARE LOCATED IN THE FRONT AND BACK OF THE CIRCULAR. WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE JUST AWARD CUSTOMERS FOR COMING IN AND BUYING YOUR STUFF--GIVE THE $10 GAS TO YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS LIKE MYSELF?
      PS SPEND $45.00 TO BE TOLD THAT I NEEDED $24 MORE TO GET GAS CARD
      THANKS ALOT

• Rx
      rxtechsince92 Jan 15, 2012

Get out of your car, lazy and go inside!

• Re
      rexgsd Nov 26, 2011

@heath2011 - no, those are just the vending machines ones. Even then, they're not always owned by Pepsi itself. the coolers at convienience stores and places like cvs are to be filled by employees. I always check exp. dates now since it seems like lots of conv. stores are either lazy or cheap and just leave the old expired sodas in the front.

• Mr
      Mrknowitall Nov 16, 2011

CVS was caught in Philadelphia selling expired medication. It's best just to avoid this chain.

• Pa
      Pam Painter Nov 16, 2011

Third time within 2 months I have bought a Pepsi Max from their front cooler and it has been expired. The last 2 times I have taken the product back but this time I called and the cashier acted like I was lying and said to me "well just bring it back" . They need to be more aware of expiration dates on their products. This one has been expired for 4 months.

• Mo
      mongojim Oct 31, 2011

When purchasing B-D Syringes there is a coupon for a free Bayer meter in the box, CVS refuses to give you the coupon as if it belongs to them. Actually, that way you PAY for a meter from THEM and the test strips too. cvs employee said I cannot have the coupon because i have medicaid. Kick the poor man while he is dow. SCAM ARTISTS

• He
      Heywood Jablowme Sep 24, 2011

No you are not crazy just stupid as a fence post.

• Mu
      musclecarguy69 Sep 23, 2011

This cvs participates in sexual harrassment brain manipulation ...thrown voices ...life reading ..they even put your time back ... I know im not crazy but if you're a swinger go work their. #[protected] st nw .

• Gr
      grannan Aug 17, 2011

This store does not stock the shelves properly. Sale products are usually out and not restocked in time for sale. The people in the pharmacy are not friendly.

• GETOUTFAST Aug 05, 2011

America freedom of speech, im loving it.. Someone gotta keep them jobs in line.. Low raises, laying off, dum hours etc, ... For example CVS is more then rich, so you would think they can treat there employees right... CEOS make billions then they wanta say CVS {or other business} is hurting. yeah ok... I speak in behave of all you chicken ### who never speak up for what is right...{HISTORY LESSON} If our 4 fathers were chickens we would not be here today kids, people come first, you guys {the workers} make them CEOs rich..Wake up and think about that... S.A.S..

tammy craig Aug 03, 2011

to heath2001, they did say that, I have witnesses
      to gkenigmatic, no one knows what BS is, it must be you, they did do that to me
      to Imnotjustanumber, people off of the streets would do a better job than those trashy people

no one ever treated me like a number

• GETOUTFAST Jul 31, 2011

cvs hiring cheap help off the streets

tammy craig Jul 31, 2011

I called to ask where I can file a complaint against them for some thing, they told me no one will take a complaint, and they are not going to do any thing about it, I was trying to file a complaint, they gave my 2 year old daughter some one else's medicine, when I showed it to them, they said they didn't care

• Mf
      MFavor Jun 24, 2011

Bad to see, but people always get what they deserve. You should go back and see if he has been fired. I bet he has.

angelso Jun 23, 2011

i am a cvs customer for years even before savon became cvs. In cvs i have seen the worst inhuman treatment for the workers. the managers in the wilshire store scream and harassment their employees verbally in front of their customers. i am asking as a humanitarian to please send Human Resource to investigate why managers are mistreating their employers like garbage.

stop calling them idiots, stop embarrassing them, stop the abuse.

• IrishChick Jun 11, 2011

Ok sooo what else is new in retail...

• Ka
      KAREN FRAIPO Jun 11, 2011

THE WORKERS ARE STUPID, INCOMPETENT AND DOWNRIGHT RUDE...THEY ARE WASTING CONSUMERS MONEY AND TIME BY BEING STUPID AND INCOMPETENT...DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY, GAS, TIME, EFFORT TRYING TO DO HONEST BUSINESS THERE...STUPIDITY GETS US NOWHERE

Tallydad Mar 30, 2011

Actually, even if the signs don't advertise the limit, the sales paper and the price tag both show the limit. It also comes up on the screen while the cashier is scanning the product (If you cared to pay any attention). And even if the limit wasn't advertised, the corporate number is always listed on every receipt. 1-800-Shop-CVS

• Dr
      D.Roberts Feb 28, 2011

I walked into store #6106 at the intersection of Bells Ferry rd and Piedmont rds last night to buy some items. On my way out i saw several signs that read, Coke 2 Liter products .88 each with card. I purchased 11 bottles and my other items and left. I realizes on my way home i had been charged too much, so i turned around and went back. When i asked the salesperson he said oh there is a 5 bottle limit, i asked him to show me where it said that. I showed him that no where on any of the signs did it say anything about a limit and all i wanted was the balance of the money owed to me for the sale price or could i see the manager. When the manager who said his name was Stan Jones came he said sorry but it says 5 limit in our sales paper. I told him i had just came in as i passed by and had not read any sales paper and i thought he should honor the sign he had posted. He would not honor the sign and when i took out my phone to take a photo of it he blocked me and got hostile saying no i was not allowed to take pictures in his store. So i left. I looked for contact info on making a formal complaint but seems this type action is not wanted by CVS and they make it very hard to try and reach someone. So i wanted to print this somewhere just to let the public know how un responsive this company is to CUSTOMER SERVICE or lack there of. This was not a big deal but your problem if you use this company could be. Be warned they do not care about anything except getting your dollars from your pocket into theirs. My whole family has used CVS for years, i will be moving all our prescriptions to Walgreens a total of 9 of them and I nor any of my family and anyone else i can convince will never walk into a CVS store again.

• Ka
      KateP Dec 09, 2010

I have been the second car in line at the drive thru pharmacy for 25 minutes. I am dropping a prescription off for a friend or I would have left long ago. I called them ten minutes ago and was assured they were getting right to us (the drive through).

• Da
      david8 Jul 12, 2010

Why are you allowed to post?

• Tx
      TxAgent May 21, 2010

Ding ding ding. Brenda hit the nail on the head.

• Tt
      ttt123 May 20, 2010

i am a pharmacist. I was on disability leave for less then 6 months with subdural hemotoma. According to the union of my store, i should be able to get my job back to the same store if i was off less than 6 months ...but no, the supervisor asked me to float to many stores now and refuses to give me my previous permanent store...I am sad and disappointed.

[email protected]

• Hi
      highlandoutlaw30559 Dec 25, 2009

I was at the CVs in clearwater and saw one of the employees removing outdated drinks from one of the coolers, the manager walked up to him and told him "put those back or ill fire you" he then walked by me and snarled "what the hell are you looking at? he smelled like a brewery

• Vj
      vjg823 Aug 28, 2009

Although you do have a valid point or two, your website is relatively stupid and misleading.

• La
      laughitoff Aug 20, 2009

It clearly stats on all CVS Clearance Signs, Final Purchase.

• Ro
      rowsdowah Aug 11, 2009

As a loyal minion to CVS, while I admire your misplaced grievance, I'd be more worried about not sucking Wags balls and "curing" the government that is supposed to be working for the people, and by the people. Damn the man!

• Ts
      tsite25 Jul 31, 2009

Hello,

I am a shift supervisor for CVS and even though I do not work for your store I do apologize. There is a section on CVS.com under contact us for complaints. I suggest that you use that to send in this complaint as it will be required for the store manager to take action. All complaints that are sent via the web site are sent to the corporate office, the district manager, Pharmacy Supervisor and the store manager with in 48 hours. I am very happy that you noticed this mistake. By law they are suppose to report this to the state board as well. I suggest that you stated in your email to CVS that you require the Pharmacy Supervisor to contact you via phone and let them know this.

• Sh
      sha1 Jul 08, 2009

When picking up my daughters medication the gave her the wrong meds. she is on a mood stablizer called risperdal and they gave her a drug for parkinsons called ropinirole . lucky for me i noticed the mistake.

• JGraceyStinson May 28, 2009

There aren't many places anywhere that allow you to return "clearance" merchandise - not for any reason. "Clearance" and "sale" (either/or) usually means no returns and no refunds, and it doesn't have to say that on a receipt for the vast majority of shoppers to actually understand that. Whenever you purchase a sale product you should ask before you buy if you don't know the stores return policy.

There's only a few stores in our neck of the woods that put information of that sort on a receipt. Most people know the return policy is likely to be different on a sale item and buy or not accordingly. It's doubtful you'll get it returned or exchanged.

Depending on the brand of the watch though, you might be able to return it to the manufacturer, but "running slow" is some that can be corrected fairly easily. Most have a timing switch if they are "winders", if they are battery watches...buy a battery. Dollar shops usually have watch batteries (5 in a pack) for $1.

• De
      deborah May 28, 2009

bought a watch that was on sale decided to return it as it was running slow, when I brought it back one day later the cashier informed me that since it was a clearance item they would not return the item. Where in the tore or on the receipt is this listed? i would like to return the watch without any hassel.

• De
      Deanne Apr 27, 2009

I'm working with the Cure CVS campaign. More info at www.curecvsnow.org

The Boston Globe has described CVS as "by far the most penalized of any retailer" in Massachusetts when it comes to fines for overcharging customers and other pricing violations.

Email me at deanne. [email protected] to tell me about your experience with CVS.

ADVERTISIMENT