CVS / manager accused of wrong doing without proof

1 3919 CENTREVILLEChantilly, VA, United States Review updated:

I purchased Excedrin and presented coupon printed from http://www.excedrin.com/offers. shtml directly, the cashier asked if it was copied. I said no that it was printed from internet. He called a manager Javed Khan, whom came and said that the coupon was copied since was not in color. I told him coupon prints from website does not have to be colored, depends on printer. Then he told me that I used copied $3 off CVS brand coupon (expired 1/17/2009) a month ago. I asked him if he has any receipt or proof that it was me and not someone else. He said that he was there when I used it. I told him that today is the first time I meet him. Also, if he was there then why did he allow the cashier take the "copied" coupon? The $3 off CVS brand coupons were in The Beacon newspapers which were free in front of CVS, why would I bother making copies. Not sure how many complaints against a manager before CVS fires him because this not the first time.

Comments

• Ts
      31st of Jul, 2009

Hello,

I am a shift supervisor for CVS and even though I do not work for store #1024 I do apologize. There is a section on CVS.com under contact us for complaints. I suggest that you use that to send in this complaint as it will be required for the store manager to take action. All complaints that are sent via the web site are sent to the corporate office, the district manager and the store manager with in 48 hours. As for the coupon, I can understand both sides. We do have a big problem with them being copied. However, if it is a CVS coupon the register will say it is not valid. You are 100% correct when you say that it does not have to be color, but color does help us. Now if you were trying to use 2 coupons for one item that would create a different problem as you are allowed only one coupon per item, but this isn't the case with you.

• Da
      11th of Aug, 2009

I work at a CVS. It sounds like you did nothing wrong, but you must realize how epidemic coupon fraud is...companies loose millions every year b/c people make copies of coupons and then expect to use them like an original.