Cricket Wireless / lack of customer service & coverage

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

I had virginmobile (Highly recommend) for over 7 yrs, but needed more features (Virgin has them all now). Saw an ad for cricket and they appeard to have a wonderful plan, unlimited talk/text/web for $40 mo. Their coverage area appeared to be better than virgin's (It's not). Ordered off their website. Very helpful customer service reps, could always get thru. Switched in nov 09. Once they had my money and ported my number over, I couldn't get a hold of anyone! Not via phone, e-mail or chat. Never! Just perpetual hold or not even allowed to hold. Finally, googled a backline number and got india. What a joke! They lie and tell you what you want to hear. Had tons of issues with my son's plan. Took over 4 mo to get it fixed. It was cricket's error, yet they attempted to bill me service charges and fees! I travel alot and their coverage map looks great. I leave my city and I am roaming (In a clearly covered area) and can't use my phone! Every time! I call, they tell me to hit *228 before I leave and that will take care of it. It doesn't. Another call. I need to do it an hour before. I do. Still roaming. Call india again. They tell me they will 'fix it'. I go on another trip and hit *228 2 hours prior to leaving. I leave my city and I am roaming and can't use my phone!! They tell me to put money on a 'flexbucket' and then the phone should work. I put $5 on. I hit *228 and leave town again. I can't use my phone at all! Not even roaming. I call again and they tell me they will 'fix it' again. Go out of town again and, roaming and can"t use my phone! I am in a covered area, have 5 bars, have money on my flex bucket and I can"t use my phone!!! I call india. They assure me it will be 'fixed in 15 mins'. It's not. I also ask for a refund of at least the $5 I put on the flexbucket. They tell me to go to any cricket store and they can refund it there. I call again because the phone still doesn't work and they tell me there is nothing they can do! They also tell me I am out the $5. No one can refund it! What?! I call a 'supervisor' and they tell me they cannot guarantee coverage and the phone may or may not work! They will not refund the 10 days I was with out my phone, nor the $5 I put into the 'flexbucket'. There is nothing they can do. No options for anything!
I switched to t-mobile and they are great!!! While I was waiting for my lousy cricket plan to be up, I went 5 mi from home, in my own city, a clearly covered area and I was roaming and could not us my phone!!!
I have filed a complaint w/cricket, the better business bureau and the attorney general of az. This company is complete fraud!! Stay away!!! If you need a no-contract plan, go with virgin mobile. They are great, and I wish I had never switched! Cricket stinks! Stay away!!!

Su

Comments

• Cr
      22nd of Sep, 2010

Hi Sunnydi,

My name is Ryan and I work in partnership with Cricket Wireless. We are sorry to hear about your experience with our services in your location. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to answer any additional questions you may have about our products and coverage in AZ. You may contact us at mycricketnation@gmail.com

Best,
    Ryan on behalf of Cricket

• Th
      30th of May, 2011

I am sick of this! I have the same problems with cricket, I'm switching over to sprint. My friend is adding me on her line and I only pay her $30 for EVERYTHING! Plus, it comes with a free android! Sweet! Bye cricket, I'd like to say it was good, but I think we both know better.

• Ed
      5th of May, 2013

When i leave my cricket area whether i have money in my flexbucket or not and been activated by *228 my phone just shuts down on it's own what's up with that? Answers please