CreditOneBank.com / can't reach any cancellation dept!

3 NV, United States Review updated:

I was trying to find a cancellation dept. or at least a 1 800 number to call them but couldn't find any to cancel my account. Instead, a bunch of answering machine will assist you. I knew then that there is something wrong. For some reason they don't want to deal with this kind of situation. I have canceled a few credit cards before but i did not have a hard time canceling my acct. because they have a live chat or an actual customer service (cancellation dept) when you don't want the service anymore. If you visit their website www.creditonebank.com you will not find any help regarding cancellation. I ended up reporting it loss, but i know soon enough they will send me a replacement card. I am disappointed and hopefully this will be a warning to people who want to open a credit card acct. to creditone bank.

Gu

Comments

• Mr
      13th of Feb, 2008

Iam a credit card holder. The month of January NewPort New place unauthourized charges of my card. NewPort News is now denying the charges. I need Credit One Bank to refuse these charges at the very least.

• Te
      13th of Feb, 2008

I ahd the exact same problem trying to cancell this card.! I really hate this card they keeped charging me fees that were not adresses to me in the beginning. I seriously recommend that if you get an application for credit one bank in the mail that you toss it in the trash. I am still suck with this horrible card taht i cant cancell.

• Wi
      20th of Mar, 2008

i good that yall have s this service

• Th
      20th of Mar, 2008

RE:

VISA - 4447 9601 1912 8864 - VALID 12/07 - EXP 11/10 - HELEN KEE/T B KEE - PIN - 6411 - SECRET CODE NEXT TO SIG ON BACK OF CARD-8864 = 765200.22
    2-10 - MCI - AUTH # 010222 - 1740.29H

DID YOU REC OUR CH THIS MO??

3/10/2008 3/12/2008 CREDIT ONE BANK - 1160-FAST DEBIT 2, 596.20

• Pr
      1st of Apr, 2008

Its quick and easy, call the customer service # on back of card and press 0 (zero) to get to cust service rep, I know credit one bank and i hate them as much as you do, want some helpfull info? contact me noname2187@gmail.com

• Em
      9th of May, 2008

same problem with this card, I'm trying to cancel this card and I'm always getting fees left and right i hate this card i hate there customer service this card even charges you for online payments ridiculous.

• Pr
      25th of May, 2008

hahaha This company sucks big time. They had given me an initial line of credit when they issued the card, then they reduced it without my knowledge immediately so I went 19 dollars over my limit...why? so they could charge me an over the limit fee. Sick and sad that companies are now resorting to such low and dispicable tactics. Needless to say I immediately cancelled this card...my advice to all who get an offer...dont take it..CREDITONE is total crap.

26th of May, 2008

I don't like the monthly fee and their interest rate is way too high. I guess they are one of these companies that issue a credit card to people having trouble getting a credit card or if you have had credit problems. I haven't had any problems getting a live person on their customer service number. When/if I want to cancel I will call, speak to someone, get a name, and cut card in pieces and send confirmation letter. Ever tried that? You can't calcel a credit card by punching automated system.

• Je
      17th of Jul, 2008

OHH no i just sign up on this card credit one now am scrwed up..yea i tried to go onmline and pay and u have to pay w there online payment.for $7 somthing rediculous...darn

19th of Aug, 2008

True the customer service is gay. they charge 7 dollars for paying online. They love to keep you in debt they want you in debt they justr love it. come on its a company from Las Vegas what do you expect. Also there is a way to cancel. Nope not online, and nope not over the phone. they make you send a letter. Cause they hope it gets lost and you get more fees for being late on more payments. Those crap heads. Now if you want a good recommendation I like capital One they don't charge you to pay online!

• De
      21st of Aug, 2008

I totaly disagree becuase this company was the only one whom gave me the opportunity to prove that I could pay my credit card. I am very gracefull with them for giving me the chance to have my first credit card!!! ok!!! after been denied by capital one and many other companies argumenting that I did not have enough bank history, low score and many stupid excuses from them. Now they can see that I can pay on time and manage a credit card perfectly.

• Lh
      16th of Sep, 2008

Credit One Bank needs to go out of the credit card business. For the past three months I have been trying, to no avail to get them to send a statement to show exactly what my charges . They did send me a letter stating that the had one card, but I didn't have any. All I wanted was a statement showing what I had supposed to have charged. I have contacted the BBB in Las Vegas, NV to complain. Still waiting for some information. Received a statement today, showing fees, late charges, etc., but still I don't know what they THINK I purchased. You receive no answers or information from this company. I do not reccomend this company to anyone. Be foreward that you will get a headache trying to deal with these people.

20th of Sep, 2008

I paid my balance in ful and still received a statement with payment due for annual fee. When I called and held on for a long time, I was disconnected. This is very frustrating when all I want to do is close the account.

27th of Sep, 2008

Same here. They keep charging me monthly Fee.. I really hate that. I just knew that till they send met he billing payment.
    and i was tryiing to call them. They never pick up the phone.
    what can I do right now? any advice?

• Mo

HERE'S SOME OF THEIR BOGUS NAMES
    JACK
    NORMAN
    KEVIN
    VICTOR MATHEWS ((ACTUAL LAST FICTICIOUS NAME TOO -HAHAHA))
    DAVID
    FRANK
    #8 NOW IS FRAN
    NOT ONE OF THEM CAN GIVE YOU A SETTLEMENT TO PAY OFF THE ACCOUNT
    THE BEST THEY CAN DO IS TAKE OFF ONE FEE...
    HAHA, LIKE THAT HELPS WHEN YOU ARE 3 FEE'S BEHIND
    (( MY BAD-UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES))

I PAID OFF ALL MY OTHER CREDIT CARDS MOST OF THEM THRU A SETTLEMENT WHICH TOOK A MATTER OF NOT MORE THAN 10 MINUTES ON THE PHONE
    BUT THIS CREDIT ONE CO # DO NOT CARE ABOUT ANYTHING BUT MAKING MONEY OFF YOU, SOMETIMES BY CHANGING THE DUE DATE OR LOWERING LIMIT OR BY SAYING PAYMENT WAS LATE WHEN IN FACT IT WASN'T
    SO I JUST GAVE THEM 200.00 TO BRING IT WAY BELOW MY LIMIT
    BY NEXT MONTH I WILL PAY THEM OFF COMPLETELY
    I SUGGEST TO ANY ONE OUT THERE LOOKING TO OPEN A CREDIT CARD
    *** DO NOT OPEN ONE AT ***CREDIT ONE***
    THEY ARE A RIPP OFF COMPANY
    CHANCES ARE THEY WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE MISERABLE...YOU'VE BEEN WARNED !!!

• Cl
      13th of Nov, 2008

Ive held a card with creditone for several months and have used a debit card on line to pay my bill. At the first of this month I paid off the balance with my debit and printed the reciept. I checked my account a week later and found I was not credited with the payment. I tried calling every number I could find and found out there are apparently no LIVING persons at credit one bank. All I got at the customer service number was a screeching noise that sounded like a fax machine. I finnally found an adress to write to, to dispute the bill, but I do not expect much justice at this point. I have cut my card in half and will never use this company again. I will be sure and warn everyone I see about this company. I just read acomment from another customer who said he could not find any way to cancell his card. I'm sure I will have the same problem. I will be reporting this company to the appropriate authorities . BEWARE !!!

• Ri
      13th of Nov, 2008

I am looking for someone who can give me a number to cancel my creditone card. i try the number on the statement and on the statement and on the back of the card, it is now giving me a number that I will be charged 9.95 per month to use. What is up with this company.

• Ri
      13th of Nov, 2008

I hope this will help anyone who is trying to close their account. I found a number in the yellow pages, contacted it and closed my account. Please make sure you get a reference number for your cancellation as they do not offer this to you unless you ask for it. The number I called is 702-269-3900.

Good Luck

• Ga
      27th of Dec, 2017

@Rick Baker did they really end up closing your account?

• Ga
      27th of Dec, 2017

@Rick Baker I just applied and got approved for it a couple hours ago then i barely read all the bad reviews so i called the number you provided and cancelled it and got a reference number, they didn't even ask any questions or anything just said the card wouldn't be sent out

• Jk
      14th of Nov, 2008

I have been using CrOne bank for 2 years now. I have had full integrity with them until I moved in to live with myself then I had a few late payments that I cleared up. I have always paid my balance in the same way. One month I put credit onto the card to pay them and called in my payment. It turned out that they did not receive payment because"Insufficient Funds." I had the correct amount on my card that I asked them to charge. So I had to go through a month's process talking to their representatives that probably aren't even from America (based somewhere in taiwan maybe) anyway for a month just trying to get the information out of them whether they received all the faxed documents and proof of funds being there. Fine. They waived the late fee after they received their nice little payment towards the balance. Okay. I put "Sufficient funds on my card to make sure they receive their next month's monthly payment. Turns out I was hit with another late fee b/c insufficient funds. Ridiculous. So Credit one I will pay my balance off and have nothing to do with your ppl. P.S. this is not all I found out about the inconveniences. Not even close. Hope you have fun with all your little free money's you take from people.

17th of Nov, 2008

I have had the same troubles with this stupid credit one bank.i have made payments online and then when i see the money has not left mt account after three days i call them and they just say something happened and a number was wrong and the payment did not go through.i finally got through and cancelled that card and then they would not let me pay off the balance until the month cycled and they added more interest plus a cancellation fee plus a maintenance fee.they robbed me point blank.i printed out my final 0.00 bal as proof with acct closed at the bottom.people stay away from this card. Marcus in New Orleans. P.S. you will pay a fee anytime you pay your bill!!