Having problems with Credit One Bank?

Credit One Bank reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 17, 2007. The latest review Unauthorize charges was posted on Apr 5, 2021. The latest complaint billing account / statement / fraud was resolved on Oct 25, 2019. Credit One Bank has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 252 reviews. Credit One Bank has resolved 44 complaints.

Credit One Bank Customer Service Contacts

1877 825 3242 (Automated Account Information)
+1 702 405 2042 (Automated Account Information)
+1 800 752 5493 (Application Information)
+1 877 825 3242 (Lost & Stolen Cards)
+1 866 803 1745 (Credit Protection)
+1 888 729 6274 (Collections)
+1 800 797 4299 (Website Related Inquiries)
P.O. Box 98873

Credit Protection Written Correspondence

P.O. Box 740237, Atlanta, GA 30374-0237

Credit One Bank Complaints & Reviews

Credit One Bankworst card ever

I got this card in 2012 and pretty much kept up with the payements then I started getting all the increases like everyone else although you had to pay for them like 19.99 for 200 increase. I got all the way up to 1300 with this card and at the same time my credit score started to go up and I also got more cards so I stopped using the card. at the end of 2015 I had paid the card off place it in my drawer and never used it again. In march 2016 I was trying to get finaced for a house and my credit was pulled and it showed that I have a 60 day late chard from credit one. I called them to find out what it was they told me it was from a late for the yearly fee for having the card. I then explain to them that I never got a bill or email from them, this is where the fun began. I then talked to the first customer service rep and she explained that I was suppose to check my bill every month thru the computer. I told the rep. that I paid the card off and that I haven't gotten a bill thru my email or one sent to my house or a phone call, she then said that one was sent thru my email I told her that I checked and there is no bill, I then asked why was it high the bill was 100 dollars she said late fees. I then asked how much was it before she said 8 dollars I told her you guys put this on my credit for 8 dollars and didn't give me a bill, I then asked to speak to her manager and told him the same story and then come back and says oh we show its correct and we called you, I told him tell me the phone number on file and then gave me a number I had 5 years ago I told him you called the wrong number, and I had been changed my number with you guys, and I still never gotten a bill, he then give me someone else . tell this guy the same story and then he says its correct we called you I then asked him for my number he then starts to shoot of my new number I then explained that's not what the last person said and the person before that told me I had to check my email, I then got pissed and closed my acct, they did not want to take the 60 day late of my credit. so then the next day I get a phone call trying to collect the money I then told them to send the bill in the mail, right after that for a whole week I then started getting phone calls for the bill of the closed acct. WTF now you wanna call me, before for 8 dollars you didn't give a ###, and know this acct may cost me my house because the 60 days late is so recent its dropped my score, stay away from this card and the people here there English is horrible.

Credit One Bankcredit one bank card

My name is joann james and i got a credit one bank credit card and i sent them money every month becauser at first they gave me a $500.00 credit limit which was no problem but then they put it up to $800.00 and id send them $50.00 or $100.00 or $75.00 to use the creditv card until i got tired of the limit on my card keep going up and up so in august, 2015 i sent them the $55.00 i owed them and cut the card up in pieces and told them to cancel the credit card. Im looking at the statement now and they didnt close the card till 12-14-2015 which i told them to close it the 8-2015 but they kept charging me even tho i cut the card up in august like i said and sent it back to the company. I donot aboslely have a credit one bank card.The first bill they sent me was for $900.00 the [protected] and now i got other bill which states i owe them $1, 080.99 dated [protected]. Now you tell me how could they charge me that much money on a card i told you i cut up and sent them the $55.00 i owed them the [protected] alone with the cut to pieces credit card? i want you to check with the credit one bank people and find out whos using the credit card acct.No: last four are 4942 on the statement and using my name joann james when i lived at 141 will rd., mayodan, n, .C.27027 because i donot have a credit one bank card at all and have not used one either and im not going to pay somebody elses credit payment using my name. Thats what you call fraud. I would appreciate it if you would find out who defrauding me and charge them with fraud and using my name. If you do immediately i want them to reinburse me $25, 000 for defraud me because i have been defrauded before. Please get them and send my money to me immediately and send it to me joann james 344 herny st., stanleytown, va.24168. Please rush! i need the monmey for them using my name and defrauding me okay. Thank you joann james email me back and let me know something as soon as possible please at [protected]@aol.Com thanks joann james

Credit One Bankcredit card

I owed $751 because I not working for 5 month so I can't pay my bills and when I stared working I call the bank to fixed my balance and they tell me that if I pay all my balance my account continue current and I can use my $500 credit again. Next day I try pay in the supermarquet and my card was declined when I call the bank they say that's happened because my account was cancelled. They lay to me to take my payment, with the excuse that everything is good that my account is open and if I pay my total balance I can continue used my credit card and it is not true.

• Le
          Leona Cox Apr 13, 2016

I am sending this email because:
          I sent a $42.00 Money Order to: Credit On e Bank, PO BOX 98873, Las Vegas, NV 89193 --- Money Order was bought at Amscot on 4-3-2016
          Credit Card Number: [protected]
          Expires: 06/18
          Name on the card: " Leona Cox "
          They have NOT posted this to my account, it's due today, [protected]
          If it's not posted by 5:00PM today I will have Amscot to trace it & if someone has STOLE it & cashed it I will report as FRAUD & whoever signed the Money Order will have to return it or the POLICE will be contacting whoever signed it or return it to sender (the name on the envelope on the top left corner) Duh

• Fa
          Farhana Tasnim Dec 23, 2015

My available credit was showing the different amount, that's why I called credit one customer service. The representative was a guy . He spoke with a bad attitude when I asked him why my available credit was showing difference. Also he could not explain it properly. Then I told him that I wanted to talk somebody else who can helped me and he just hung up the phone. Then I again called and talk to his supervisor Kenny . I asked his name but Kenny told he was not able to tell the name but he could give me reference no - 0111481. And I am really suspicious that the supervisor took this seriously or not.

Credit One Bank — payment not received

I made the mistake of sending a payment of $373 by MoneyGram money order to the address in Omaha Nebraska of...

Credit One Bank — fraudulent ach usage on company account

We have had numerous fraudulent transactions on the Company Operating Banking Account from Credit One. All...

Credit Onei think that they took all these charges from me

I think that this company is scam, but I have no proof of this. I contacted the company Credit One. I spoke with the rep, who told me that my credit line has been successfully opened. However, I started to notice that there were several charges, which were taken within couple of days. I called again to this company and the rep told me that someone invaded their system and therefore such problem occurred. But he didn’t sound too persuasive.

Credit One Bankfraudulently reopened my account and charged fees

I got a credit one bank card for about 1.5 years to restore my credit. I made all of y payments on time. In november of 2014 I paid my card in full which I can furnish proof. At the same time I also closed my account. I received a bill in April of 2015 (5months later) stating I owed them money. These charges for interested fees, monthly fees, annual fees and late fees. This card will restore credit but it is very high in fees. I called them to figure out what happened. They said my card on file to pay my Credit one bank card was declined. I said 'I know" because I changed the number after closing the account because I read bad reviews on this might happen to me and it sure did. They fix the issue in April 2015. Today 09/03/15 I receive a bill (5months later) again, to say I owe money. They claim I did not close the account and that the fees piled up. I have 5 derogatory marks on my credit currently as I checked through capital one. This time I recorded their calls and they even stated it was THEIR mistake. They said they will report this to the credit agencies and it will be fixed and also it will be closed. I am making a statement to be aware of this card. I have paid every single card on time. When I asked the guy to speak to a manager he played dumb and continued to talk in circles with his accent and hung up on me. I called back 3 times and they continued to hang up on me. I want everyone to know that this happened to me and I will also place the recorded call on YOUTUBE! If my credit is not repaired from this I will SUE.

• Or
              originallegaleagle Jan 10, 2017

Reviewer,
              Do as I did I sent a letter CERTIFIED(don't seal the envelope until you write the CERTIFIED label number on each page of the letter)closing my account and extending them 25 calendar days in which to supply me with a payoff amount and then they are to close my account. Of course after the 25 days I still had ZIP NOTHING NADA I sprung for the $25.00 filing fee and SUED THEM I produced all the paperwork I had sent ALL SIGNED BY AN EMPLOYEE OF CREDIT ONE now not only is my account closed but the Honorable Judge Justin H. McCall issued a federal court order to Trans Union Equifax and one Corporate Doe stating that if ANY entry was made to my personal credit file the employees initials that made the entry would face contempt of court charges

Credit One Bankharassing; phone calls.

I opened an account with Credit one Bank, I
            received a credit card for $300, missed one
            payment, they call me all day, , every hour on the hour, every day, from every state in the
            union, now i get calls from overseas., i put
            a block on my phone now they still call, if i
            am on phone, when they hang up, my phone
            call is shut off, i have asked them to stop,
            and discontinue the account, they got worst,
            so i stopped paying, as they mad it so bad i could not keep up, what can i do, i am 74, get a Government check, can not afford to pay what they are asking ?

Credit One Bank — bad service

This credit card company has INCREDIBLY bad customer service support. As is typical with credit card...

Credit One Bank CCdunning practices

If you are two minutes late with a payment this company is unrelenting in their attempts to collect! They will call every 30 minutes from multiple phone numbers and NEVER leave a message. If you do happen to answer they will pressure you to make a payment immediately or, in the alternative, set up an automatic payment date. I missed making a payment by two days because I was in the hospital and when they called me the day I was discharged they were rude and insistent that I make a payment right then. I paid the card off and cancelled. BEWARE! These people are unscrupulous, heartless blood-suckers.

• Ga
                  gatortracks May 31, 2015

Two days is a lot longer than two minutes.

• Mk
                  MkStItCh May 30, 2015

OK... Sorry you were in the hospital BUT they only know 1 thing, YOU DID NOT PAY.
                  That said, it was a Pay By date... Not a pay about date.

Credit One Bank, N.a.false charges on credit card

RE: Account Ref. Number: [protected]/ Account Number: [protected]

I received a written notice from Resurgent Capital Services regarding the above credit
                card stating that I owe $757.20.

I would like a statement regarding the purchases I made on this account for which I
                am being billed since I never used this card and believe this card and company to be
                a scam.

Prompt attention to this matter would be appreciated.

William Barychko

Credit One Bank — credit card fraud

In September 2014, I tried logging into the portal to check our monthly statement, but the login credential...

Credit One Bank — fcra violations

Allan Shutt, Robert Dejong and Narine Yenovkian of Credit One Bank defraud consumers by promoting a credit...

Credit One Bankdenial of tila rights

I am complaining against Credit One Bank because their attorney has sent me one email directly, to cease and desist contact with Credit One Bank. This blocks my rights to contact Credit One Bank against the Truth in Lending Act, my right, under law, to contact the bank to notify the bank of errors on my account, or contact customer services, or utilize any service guaranteed under my "Annual Fee" they charge me $8.25 monthly for on a CLOSED ACCOUNT! The below email is from their attorney, with other witness names excluded. I have already filed a BAR complaint against the attorney in Nevada.

Dear Mr. Brown,

Credit One denies your numerous inaccurate statements, including that the Bank has failed to “pay Jams.” Such continued subterfuge by you will be addressed in Credit One’s responses to your alleged complaints with the FTC and CFPB, as well as the arbitration proceeding with Jams.

Further, you are on NOTICE that Credit One will seek all incurred legal fees, costs and damages allowed under law for any written publication by you of a defamatory remark that injures the reputation or character of an employee of Credit One.

Due to your precipitous actions, you are forthwith instructed to CEASE ALL COMMUNICATIONS WITH CREDIT ONE and direct all future communications through Jams. Further communications with anyone at Credit One, outside of Jams, will be considered harassment.

Sincerely,

Allan J. Shutt†
                  Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer
                  Credit One Bank, N.A.
                  585 Pilot Rd., Las Vegas, NV 89119

• peakkiasucks Aug 19, 2014

There is nothing in my statement that is defamatory. Apparently you must not understand Freedom of Speech, or the Anti-Slapp statutes of Nevada; alternatively, you work for Credit One Bank.

• Mk
                      MkStItCh Aug 01, 2014

They gave you a warning NOT to publish anything that could be a defamatory remark and you still posted this???

Good Luck

Credit One Bank — arbitration

Credit One Bank requires all disputes to be settled via binding arbitration. After attempting to resolve my...

Credit Onewant to pay them, but they won't take my money!

I signed up to pay my bills online, and mistakely put in incorrect checking account info into my online payment profile. When I realized what happened after my payment was declined, I called them to change my banking information and pay my bill from a different account only to find out that they froze my account- and I can only "unfreeze" it by sending a verification letter from the bank that rejected the payment. Well, I can't verify an account that doesn't exist!!! They won't let me change my banking information or anything. I am a customer that WANTS to pay my account, WANTS to pay my bills and WANTS to use their product, and they won't let me. The non-English speaking agent just kept reading her script over and over saying "I"m sorry, we'll be happy to help you if you just send us this letter." This is totally insane. I don't even know what to do- let it go to Collections and then pay it off?

Credit Onecustomer service

I have been a customer with credit one bank since 2006 and always paid my bill on time. I even paid the bill due on the 15th of the month on the 9th or 10th. No problems. Recently, I had a financial situation and was unable to pay by the 17th. The calls started immediately. I do not understand how the prompt says to press one for english however, when you get someone they clearly do not have command of the english language. I could not understand the person in that the accent was just too "thick". I was then transferred to a supervisor who was worse. The supervisor was very condesending and rude. He suggested that I contact family or friends to pay the $86.00 payment and when I said I cannot the he had the nerve to ask me how I was going to pay for my daily expenses. He then told me that the account would go to collections and the payment at that time was one day late. I have subsequently called back and asked to speak to someone born in america and sounds like me. Well I am still on hold. Because I live in a multi-racial housing complex I know that the accent was pakastani or from that region. I asked if the call center was even in america and the person went to the next question. It is appalling that we in the u. S. Have to deal with individuals who have no concept of the english language and to make it worse if they did the accent is just terrible. By the way, credit one never called me when over 5 years I have paid my bill at least 7 days early. I will continue to ask for an american to help me. I am not sure who these people are but you can hear multiple voices in the background, it like eavesdropping on a sales floor. To be perfectly frank, I do not care where the person was born and raised however, I do not think asking for someone who sounds like me is unreasonable.

• Be
                          Berneda Horan Dec 16, 2013

Credit One did not have the correct mailing address for me. How can I pay a bill I do not receive. If you had read my entire complaint you would have had the answer to this rediculous statement!

• Be
                          Berneda Horan Dec 16, 2013

I need to speak with someone in the US not India. I'm given false names when I speak with anyone there, and they are not removing late fees that were charged to my account, when they have been sending my bills to the wrong address.

• Ri
                          richard madrid Apr 09, 2011

I have been charged $500.00 for a loan origination fee, and have not recieved a loan prospect

CreditOne Bankservice, billing, policy, fees

The creditone website has a feature which allows users to establish text or email messages warning them of things like being over limit (Which shouldn't be allowed to happen, at all), or warning of an upcoming due date. I paid all but fifty cents of my balance due, and completely forgot about the remaining change... It's certainly not an issue for me to pay it - it was just a matter of logistics (I have two bank accounts and only had the routing and account information for one of them, because my computer died).

Lately, i've been receiving lots of phone calls, so I thought i'd look to see who it was. It turns out that it's creditone. So, I stroll online to check my account, and find that they have charged me a $25.00 late fee. For fifty cents... Which I simply forgot to pay. I would have set up a reminder, of course, but their website warning service isn't actually functioning. I cannot reasonably justify paying 25.00 for a 0.50 oversight.

I faxed them... Letting them know that i'll pay the fifty cents when they remove the fee, and that if they don't, i'll pay my bill on the 25th... And then i'll close my card. We'll see one happens.

service, billing, policy, fees

• Br
                            BrianPhoenix Mar 14, 2013

To the first response implying that I live off of the government or am uneducated: I have four college degrees. The latter two are both masters degrees in areas of my field of expertise. I have several years of experience and am currently a graduate student pursuing a doctoral degree. You should probably consider whether you have the authority to judge others before you open your mouth, lest you find yourself choking down the teeth you've inadvertently kicked out when you crammed your foot into your mouth. After having read the other comments you've posted, I can tell that you're quite simply a conservative troll who gets her rocks off by bashing other people. Really, you should piece together whatever semblance of a life remains in your sad, little world and attempt to establish relationships that aren't founded upon insulting others in a futile attempt to uplift yourself.

To the second response, you're absolutely right with regard to the amount that I paid... it was misleading - I had made the minimum payment... not the entire amount. If I were to have paid off the full amount, there would be absolutely no reason for a late charge (and subsequently a post), as the minimum payment would have been paid in full. That being said, as you'll note from the screen-shot I posted, there remains a balance due of 0.50, and there was a late charge applied on 3/11. It is not customary to apply late fees to accounts which are currently in good standing or in which the full payment had been made. Given the industry standard, the company would have waited until their cutoff time for payment posting on the due date of my payment (which was 3/11). I will not have another late charge next month, as my payment for next month is not due until somewhere around (as you cleverly pointed out) 30-days following the previous payment... which would place it on or about 4/11. SO, I didn't miss the payment this month as well... I actually didn't miss any payments, I missed 2% of one payment (a total of fifty cents) which, you'll notice - assuming you actually review my complaint and the associated image - was not due in February. While it may be customary for some to wait until the last possible minute to pay their bills, I tend to pay mine as soon as they become available.

• Br
                            BrianPhoenix Mar 14, 2013

If you're implying that I am either uneducated or living off of the government, you are grossly mistaken. I have four college degrees and am a licensed professional in my field. That being said, given your history of comments on others' posts, I cannot help but to think that your primary goal here is to troll and insult others. I would caution you, though, to leave your bitterness and assumptions at the door, lest you knock your teeth down your throat with the force exerted as you ram your foot into your mouth.

Comments

Credit One Credit Cardfraudulent billing practices

Payment not credited to account. Provided proof by senting them a copy of my bank statement that Credit One received the payment. Credit One keeps asking me to sent proof again and again never crediting the payment. Late fees are $50 per month. They did say they would remove the late fee but then requested a triple payment amount for next month. I have never been late with a payment. They got my money and I have proof they were paid and still they won't credit my account and now want larger payments...unheard of. Sounds like fraudulent billing practices to me!

fraudulent billing practices

• Ko
                              kotenok86 Mar 27, 2013

Credit One Bank closed my account without any authorization, without letting me know... They told me I called to close it, but i never did...This is insane!

Credit One Totalcredit One TotalI got scammed

I was scammed by Credit One Total. After applying for an unsecured loan, I was tricked into paying them 498.00, i was told if I don't pay them to fix my credit, I don't have a chance to get the loan. I have spent more than that already in mailing and faxing letters to credit bureaus. This is a total scam.