CreditOne Bank / credit card scam!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

This is one of the very worst scam credit cards ever. The charges are through the roof ($69 enrollment fee, $69 annual fee, 23% taxed on if you pay late + $29 late payment fee, etc etc). This company logo looks like Capitol One, and the whole junk mail looks like Visa is sending it themself. It had my name printed on it, so now I'm going to find out how they got my name. They even have a debt management program for their customers who file for bankruptcy!!! SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM.

Comments

• Wi
      8th of Oct, 2007
    CreditOne Bank - Fraudulent bill!

First they sent me a credit card to activate, which I did not. Now I have received a bill for enrollment fee and annual fee. I tried calling these people and I cannot reach them without entering an account number that I don't even have.

• Ro
      9th of Nov, 2007

Consider yourself lucky. I have NEVER even received the card, it's been over 8-months and they continue scamming me and sending bills. They do not listen to the many, many phone calls. I am convinced that they are ripping off the unfortunate. No telling how many people have giving into them because they dont know any better. I was even scammed into activating a card I've never received. A card, by the way, they have told me 4 times now "We are sorry you didn't get the card, it will be in the mail tomorrow". They have my correct address, which has been confirmed on several occasions. The bills make it to my door with no problem. When I try to call them to get it taken care of, they ignore me and put me on hold indefinitely, while piping loud obnoxious music designed to get me to hang up.

• Br
      22nd of Nov, 2007

Dear complaints person and everyone on here credit bank is one big scam after another. I had a credit card bill for 232.33 and turned into 465'65 and it was sent to a denver collection agency. I don't care for credit one bank at all. Thanks for your time and interest.

• Ra
      9th of Mar, 2008

Credit one card

• Da
      21st of Mar, 2008

Creitone bank sent me bill for $74.75 but i do not have a creit card with this bank.

20th of May, 2008
    CreditOne Bank - Overcharge!
    CreditOne Bank
    Las Vegas
    Nevada
    www.creditonebank

This people call my house and cell phone from 8.00am till 9:00pm 7 days week. I have been paying but they seem to post all my payment late.

• Wa
      6th of Aug, 2008

I create an account with them and payed off the account and every single month they charge $5.75 fee + $7.95 fee to make the payment via internet or phone. So my balance will be $5.75 but i have to pay $14 dollars. This is such a rip off, so dont get this stupid card. Also if i cancel the card it will drop my credit score, this sucks.

• Je
      25th of Aug, 2008

We are having the same exact issue - the credit card is paid online (which costs extra) and then they post it after the due date.. isn't this illegal??? I am going to consult an attorney regarding this company. Did you reach any agreement with them.

• Pa
      15th of Nov, 2008

i just got a card from them.i didn't know they would charge 69.00 dollars to open it. i hate this. i really don't need another card.i have one and that is enough. how do i cancel this one from credit one. please help. i am not looking for any trouble. i am try to improve my credit, not ruin it.
    yours truly pat bowman

• Pa
      15th of Nov, 2008

you know i think the us att: genral might be interested in this.
    sounds like something Obama would just love to get his teeth into.
    i am going to send and call all the rite people. i will be the worst night mare credite one has ever had.i am pissed

28th of Dec, 2008

I'm being ripped off by them as we speak.My account was sitting at +$47.00, i sent my minimum payment of $20 in a week before it was due, it was due on Dec 21st. Well they still claim to have not received it and today is the 28th, they have been known to sit on payments and wait to process them in order to charge us late fees.

Now yesterday i called them and complained because i checked my account balance and it was -$17.00, they admitted it was there mistake and as a "courtesy" they would fix the balance and waive this late fee they charged me.Even with the $32.00 late fee, there's no way i should be in the hole that much.

So today i checked my account balance and nothing has been fixed, actually im now sitting at -$27.00, where did the extra $10.00 come from? their customer service is rude and aggressive and cant comprehend what you are trying to tell them.They keep avoiding the questions at hand.

If my account isn't fixed by tomorrow i will be contacting the Attorney General in my state as well as in Credit Ones.Also i will be filing a complaint with the FTC and F.B.I. these people have been investigated before and sued.

They use to be known as the First National Bank Of Marin, but they were sued and forced to pay back millions of dollars to their customers that they wrongfully took from them or charged them, guess they thought by changing their name they would be in the clear. Not anymore.

• Ai
      1st of Feb, 2009

Credit One is part of a national scam. I have been scammed of over $3500 in a credit debt consolidation scheme with Hess Kennedy. Everyone should beware of Credit One. Stay away from this company

• Er
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I have been trying to get in touch with this company since last week Friday and I have gotten absolutely no answer from customer service! I am immeasurably angry, because now my credit is messed up with me coming out of college, and I am trying very hard to correct it by paying them as a company directly. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!! THEIR SERVICE IS HORRIBLE!

• St
      8th of Mar, 2009

The Charged me a 0.12 cents finance charge on a "0" Balance!, I got a notification that they also charged me a late fee of 44.00. All this from a 0 balance. Im calling my attorney. This is a sham!!

21st of May, 2009

They now charge you $10 to pay your bill online, thtas up from a few weeks ago where it only cost $7 to pay online.

• Qa
      15th of Jun, 2009

Thanks to all for posting your experiences. I just got one of their "offers" and after reading the posts above, it's in the trash.

I got burned big time by First Premier Bank, which gives you $300 credit line, but they hit you up with hundreds of dollars in up front fees so that you have an initial balance of about $40 (more or less), and paying loan shark interest on the up front fees. They also charge through the nose for online access.

What's scary is that these guys are really marketing scams. They make their money by selling your personal info--including your SSN--to whichever Ukranian Mob outfit is willing to pay for it. They charge you up the whazoo to sell your personal info... These scammers should be flogged to within inches of their lives...

But, I digress--Thanks again for your posts. You helped me, and cost creditNone some business.

-Qazz

23rd of Aug, 2009

I'm still getting ripped off from these clowns. My statement this month shows they waited to cash my payment until after they charged me a late fee and an over the limit fee. I sent them $75 on the 18th of this month and it shows on my account that it was made and received however, a day later on the 19th i had $62 in fee's and charges thanks to the $30 late fee and a $32 over the limit charge. Yet the payment they recieved the day before should have put me way back in the "positive"

I've had this happen before where they either sit on payments to charge a late fee or where they refuse to fix their mistakes. I've already been in contact with a lawyer over these vultures. I suggest everyone who's been ripped off by these people contact their attorney general or the FTC and file complaints.

23rd of Aug, 2009

They've posted mine after the due date as well.This company has been known to sit on payments so they can charge you late fee's, over the limit fee's etc. There's a reason they have lawsuits coming out their ###. They use to be known as the First Bank Of Marin, but changed their name due to lawsuits and money they owed their customers over fradulent billing practices and what not.

• Ex
      1st of Sep, 2009

I got a credit one card almost a year ago, the fees pissed me off but I thought I had to do it to raise my credit score. I managed to get it up to 675 before I couldn't pay one month which is when the fees rolled in. (they were charging me 7.50 a month + 10 dollars to pay my bill, bs). I got one late fee of $29 and a over the limit fee of $39 and I couldn't pay the bill off so it went 2 or 3 more months. Needless to say my credit score is down in the low 400s and I probably can't fix my credit now without keeping the card, but out of angry I canceled the card. A week later I paid off the bill down to 30 dollars and asked to have it re-enabled and they told me I had to pay off my entire bill in order to get my card reactivated. WHY?!

So anyways, I'm keeping my card canceled, finishing off my bill and I'll go to my credit union and ask for a real student card to help fix my credit even if its only a 100 dollars I don't care, that place is BS do not use it! Also the same person answers the call line every single time I call, her name is Jen and she has an Indian accent. They are also unwilling to negotiate on reducing your bill or offer a payment plan to avoid future late fees, a total shark!

• Cl
      24th of Oct, 2009

After reading all of the above complaints; I have but one question. Is there anyone; org.; that can put a stop to Credit One and thier thieving partner in crime (TLG)? Please (bijoucountry@yahoo.com)