Cox Communications / purposely misleading information on promotional offer

1 Tucson, AZ, United States

My name is Jackie Woods who on November 3, 2016 was told that with a new two year contract my payment of $135.77 would be set for duration of the two years. At the very end of the proposal to me the Representative said that I would need to call back on November 18, 2017 or sooner (October) to ask about getting my payments possibly less than what he was now offering. After I hung up I noticed the time for me to go to a doctor's appointment. I then followed up by calling Cox asking Marissa to clarify with me the need to call a year before the end of my two year contract when the contract confirms the two year payment of $135.77. Marissa at first denied that there was any info on the promotion I had just some 45 minutes ago accepted. I confronted her with the fact that everything should be recorded and she should be looking at the notes. I then asked to speak with a manager. Marissa returns and by a miracle sees the note for $135.77 but not for a two year contract. Again, I asked to speak with a manager. Jeremy comes on a presented himself as a manager. I gave Jeremy the story and then demanded that the misleading promotion be dropped from my account. Jeremy refers me to the local office. The local office on 5441 E. Broadway 85711 representative Cesar was no help at all and in fact told me that if I dropped the promotion my payment would go over $200 dollars. I demanded to see a manager and Heather DeVera comes over. Heather listened to my concerns and immediately took care of my request of returning my account back to where it was (put Humpy Dumpy back together again before the promotional offer). I told Heather that I have had Cox since 1988 and will make my mind up as to whether or not to keep Cox. Heather then took my payment of $155.77 down to $145.10 awaiting my call with no new contract involved.

Ja