Menu

Cox Communications  - Service and billing fraud

Author of the complaint
12:31 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The following complaint regards possible fraudulent billing, harassment and threats, and refusal to make repairs and maintenance.

We are aware that some problems may exist regarding the post hurricane damages, but as of this date, the problems and excuses are no longer valid.

THAT since October 2005 we have attempted to contact COX by email, telephone, and written correspondence to have to have Cable TV service restored back to normal. That on those occasions attempts were made by telephone wait time varied from 20 to over 50 minutes without speaking with a representative. A number of emails were sent to the New Orleans Customer Service office in most cases without response, or attempts to correct the problems. Letters written to the Corporate Headquarters and copied to the New Orleans office have been ignored, and not responded too.

THAT the one time connection was made to the New Orleans Customer Service office I was assured that the service would be reinstated back to normal within seven (7) days. And that a credit to my account would be issued for the on month's payment. Neither the repair, nor the credit was ever completed.

THAT in late December 2005 I was contacted finale by COX Customer Service by telephone and advised that a tech representative would be at my home with in a week. And that a credit to my account of one month would be made to my account, and pending additional credits for loss of service.

THAT in late December 2005 a field technician finale arrived and advise until such time that the outside service box could be replaced, repaired, and the wires replaced and repaired, there was nothing he could do to fix, or correct the loss of service. The outside box had to be fixed by another department technician. As of this date, there have been no repairs, restoration of service, and no credits to my account.

THAT COX continues to harass, threaten, and continues in its fraudulent billing practices.

RATIONAL for not contacting state agencies for Louisiana include in part: COX has direct connections with the Mayor of New Orleans Ray Nagin, who is the former CEO of COX. That COX is a heavy contributor to certain campaign funds, for state and local officials. That neither the New Orleans Service Commission, nor the State Government will take an action or protect the consumer with regard to certain entities that are favored.

Helpful? 1 0
79 comments
Dec 30, 2021 12:31 am

I found that a collection agency has filled a collection on my credit report. I states I own about $446.00 from an old address 2903 Mattox Dr. Chesapeake, Va. 23325. When I left this address in Nov. 2017 I had a zero balance and had new service at my new address. I believe this balance is owed by Terri or Jane McAlister owner of the house. She had several accounts that she defaulted on and service was terminated each time. Several times she added the balance to her bankrupcy.

0 0

I've never had any service turned on and I have a bill before ordering . And so after de citing to go with cox I have a bill already and didn't arrange a method of having a service and that's the problem.

T
Oct 27, 2020 12:31 am

I was just notified that I owed on a bill in a city I have never lived in, I don't appreciate that now after 15 yrs, I and my family are getting calls weekly and emails, only in the last 30 days. I finally spoke to somebody about this problem and the told me to contact the fraud, so I hope this is it, because like usually Cox can't do things easy! My name is Tammy L. King and I live at 8 Gamewell Rd Pensacola, Florida 32506 and the person Cox needs to be calling lives at 3900 SE 17 Court Apt B Ocala [protected] Account [protected] owing $305.74. But I guess that would be to much trouble to find them so why not sucker somebody that pays on time and never been late, and try and make them pay for some useless piece of [censored] that said I lived at that residence. Look up my account people. I am in the medical field, how you like it if you went in for a dbl by pass and the doctor said no you need a frigin triple or better yet had the wrong patient, do your DAM job, I don't live there. Thank you, please help

Jan 02, 2020 12:31 am

tv adds are back to being way too loud. please fix this anoying problem. i understand why this is done but its working the wrong way. i dislike the advertised product. it only makes me mad . t v watching should be a happy and fun thing to do. many thousands of others feel the same. thank you for your help.

L
Nov 09, 2019 12:31 am

Please advise Fox that I am disgusted that my football game is streaming in Spanish only! If a Cox technician can assist, I would be appreciative!

Oct 28, 2019 12:31 am

My service was out for 6.5 hours today and all I got was I'm sorry and $5 bill credit for the service not working. No compensation due to my inconvenience that this is my day off of work and I've had no cable or WiFi available all day

Oct 15, 2019 12:31 am

Cox communications is...
Ripping off a 90 year old by charging 250.00+ a month for bare minimum services. A 30 year customer and not a discount, a break or a compassion for someone this age unsure of what he needs or wants...DEMENTIA. Nothing like terrorizing people whom have gotten older and just want to watch TV

G
Sep 11, 2019 12:31 am

Try to get Cox internet at our house for 10 mon Initially came out said we needed fieldwork. After that we had a person out like every other week for them to say I only do inside install but I put fieldwork request they will be out next week.never even after many calls finally part was done never came back.been 6 mo Every call they pull my credit

Jun 30, 2019 12:31 am

I was charged $121.99 for a usage charge which I did not order.
According to my bill on April 6 someone ordered Star Wars Bundle. We have no record of it and if you check, you will see that we never watched it.
We have been customers for over 30 years please help
ACCOUNT 001 6610 [protected]
JEREMIAH OCONNOR
1 BARON COURT
WARWICK RI 02888

Jun 17, 2019 12:31 am

A [censored] from service breathed heavy on me while I was asking her to explaine, I asked for her manager and he was dork he was already puffed and a jerk, he said Cox didn't care and he is happy to cancel my service

L
Jun 09, 2019 12:31 am

Several times a truck has come to do work and had parked on the sidewalk. Now there is a part of the sidewalk that is caving in from that weight.

May 25, 2019 12:31 am

She rude and sound drunk on the phone when I made a call to your call center told me her life story about how she has a active warrant out for her in Phoenix for drive drunk with kids in the car and could drive for Cox very disturbing you employ people with active warrants

Mar 06, 2019 12:31 am

On 2/27/19 I called and complained that my bill for basic internet service has gone up the last 2 months. Once again, having been a cox customer for over 20 years, they didn't care that I was such a loyal customer and wouldn't budge or help out! This has been the case EVERY time I call in there! Cox sucks!

Feb 13, 2019 12:31 am

Over a year after we canceled service and turned in all the equipment to the COX store across the street they sent us to collection for not turning in the old equipment. This should turn into a class action lawsuit as some people will just pay it.

C
Jan 05, 2019 12:31 am

It's been 3 days and there has been no resolution. Lots of promises but nothing is being done to resolve this problem. I believe that's Cox has been hacked and is not telling anyone. Been without service for 3 days. Hope to get credit for all these days that we are down.

C
Dec 12, 2018 12:31 am

Possible Extortion and lack of security

W
Dec 11, 2018 12:31 am

Why do you have to call every few months to get cox to adjust your price? They raise rates and fees. I have to disconnect service in order to get a better price. I am on a fixed income and cannot deal with constantly raising rates and fees. How about charging everybody the same? They might have more customers

Nov 19, 2018 12:31 am

I was promised $200 rebate, received $100. These guys just keep lying.

Nov 14, 2018 12:31 am

On November 3, 2016 at 8am in Newport News, VA. a COX service truck was driving very fast and blew through a red light as I and others were about to drive thru. License plate VKJ-6654. The driver is very dangerous on the road.

Nov 12, 2018 12:31 am

I rent the Router from Cox and I asked about the back up battery to keep the service on if there is a power fail. I had to pay for that battery! This is not right at all. I resent having to pay for this since it should automatically be installed for the customers that are renting the box.
I want my money back please---

E
Oct 27, 2018 12:31 am

I called last nite because I was having problems with my internet and the guy that helped me was rude and disrespectful and very impatient ect and by that I would not call for help again

Oct 21, 2018 12:31 am

I have been a long time customer with cox and was so disappointed with your customer service for the last few times. I think you think since I have been a customer for so long it's ok to be rude and not helpful. Before I switched my provider wanted to let you know of my disappointment.
Aparna Moondra
[protected]

J
Oct 22, 2018 12:31 am

This is a business at 2439 Manhattan Blvd, Ste 203, Harvey LA 70058. Every week, the internet goes down for several hours/days. This building has 5 floors and most of us use Cox. I will circulate a letter asking for everyone to move to AT&T. We have work to do and deliverables to meet daily and can't accomplish them because we can't connect.

Oct 15, 2018 12:31 am

Today August 8th, 2017. Casa Grande, Arizona.

The internet is extremely unstable, the connection drops every 3-4 seconds for no reason and no notification from the provider.

Really disappointed.

Do not recommend this provider for other users.

Oct 03, 2018 12:31 am

Customer service agent, pretends of not hearing and concluded the call without finishing service @ 5:05 PM EST (call started at 4:50 PM EST on 09/20/2018)

Sep 18, 2018 12:31 am

I pay extra for faster Internet speed...instead I get what they choose, when they choose...Where can I go to get service that I pay for? I've only been with them about 15 years so I guess they take me for granted.

N
Sep 01, 2018 12:31 am

Cox used to have a free movie section and now everything in the that section costs money. This really sucks!

Aug 28, 2018 12:31 am

Bundle price guarantee for 12 months is a scam. After I had the bundle service for 3 months. Cox added $9 more and taxes Nov, 2017. I complaint to Cox PR and Public Utility. No use, I still got rip off for 9 months.
Do not use Cox. Cox is a very dishonest company.

Aug 20, 2018 12:31 am

I saw one of their drivers texting (not on a call or looking at GPS) TEXTING on Dodge St in Omaha, NE and when I called to report this the lady made excuse after excuse for the guy then hung up on me. Apparently they don't care if this driver could've hurt some one! Way to go Cox.

Aug 20, 2018 12:31 am

Driver recklessly cut me off around 423pm on Vegas Dr. Number on vehicle 71427. Was also speeding.

see above

Aug 15, 2018 12:31 am

I called to cancel my cable TV and cox turned off my internet and then told me they were unable to turn it back on.

B
Aug 15, 2018 12:31 am

Cox driver yelled obsenities at me while driving through Starbucks parking lot. Words included "[censored]ing [censored]". Completely unprofessional and unwarranted while on the clock, representing your business in a terrible light.

Aug 14, 2018 12:31 am

Worst customer care representatives at Cox store, roack road, wichita, KS. They say different prices day-to-day even though nothing changes in the company website. Very bad way of receiving.

N
Aug 15, 2018 12:31 am

signed up for cox a little over a month ago they said it would only take 1 day to install it took them 3 weeks to get me more then 5 channels ist still is constantly freezing I have called them out 7 time 2 times they didn't show up another Time they claimed I canceled they told me I had to pay almost 3oo dollars when nothing works.

H
Jun 17, 2008 12:31 am

I called Cox about a cable problem which was introduced when Cox technician installed a high definition cable box. Cox came and replaced another cable box and I was told by their customer services that it was no charge for the repair. But I soon found out when Cox send me a bill that shows $49.95 for the repair. I called Cox billing department and explained the issue but Cox customer services refused to fix the problem. I am now stuck with paying for the services charge of $ 49.95. I was never informed that Cox will charged the $49.95 for the service by the technician or by Cox customer services. Cox is a bad company that charges their customers unauthorize changes.

Dec 30, 2011 12:31 am

Cox refuses to give me my billing statements. I have gone to the BBB, I have talked to supervisors, reps, and emailed. I have even gone to the Attorney General of Arizona.

THEY REFUSE TO PROVIDE ME WITH A BILLING STATEMENT, EITHER ONLINE OR IN MY MAILBOX.

Why?

Because I pay my bill ahead of time. Sometimes a month, sometimes 3 months. They say they will not give me a statement for my records if I pay my bill ahead of time. THIS IS INSANE.

EVERY company I have ever dealt with gives you a billing statement. If you pay ahead, you still get an itemized bill showing a credit. They simply refuse to do it. This is completely ridiculous. And the way I have been treated by anyone I have tried to deal with there has been short, rude, and with complete lack of understanding. They seem to think it's stupid that I want a record of what I am paying them. They don't WANT me to pay my bill ahead of time! How idiotic can a business be? I am a good customer and have been for going on 3 years.

It should be against the law for them to do this.

I just don't know what to do to get them to give me my statements. I know they have them...they showed up BRIEFLY online..like for one month I saw a statement...then they just stopped doing it again! So I know good and damned well they HAVE them...they just refuse to provide them!

I want my statements. Bottom line. Not only are they good for my own records, future credit rating, and just because I want them, IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO, AND THEY ABSOLUTELY HAVE REFUSED TO GIVE THEM TO ME.

They should have their butts sued off for this nonsense.

Jun 25, 2013 12:31 am

I would NEVER recommend cox to anyone. My service has been terrible since the day my "deal" was up and had to start paying full price for the package. They don't remember anything there... like how my services were supposed to be cancelled on the 15th and it's now the 25 and my bill is full price. This is ridiculous!
I even went thru the whole they are going to offer me more deals because of my wanting to cancel.
I'm outraged with them. I hated the service.
They have just informed me that I have to contact sales to get my service cancelled again... a.k.a. have them try to convince me to stay!

I would never tell anyone that this is the best option.
I hate to say that Oklahoma doesn't have more options.

Really wishing uverse was offered at our house.
Thanks for no help at all cox communications!

B
Dec 15, 2010 12:31 am

I would just like to say that I am an easy going guy. I try to give everything and everyone the benefit of the doubt. However, I have to warn people of the horrible customer service, and lack of technical knowledge of Cox Employees. It was not just in the Internet Support Group or the Cable TV. It was also when I tried to inquire about Cox's new cell service offerings. The guy was so incompetent that I wanted to cancel all my Cox services. However, it was not just him. I have made several calls to Cox, and it seems that 1 out of 8 even sound slightly educated. I am talking grade school level here. Horrible Customer Service, Horrible Products, and Horrible price for the value. No wonder Verizon FIOS is taking over. I called Verizon and renewed my current cell plan with a better price and the guy was educated. I double checked availability on Verizon Internet, but it isn't in my area yet. Trust me, when another broadband carrier comes into my area...I am gone. See yeah ...Cox...!

E
Aug 26, 2016 12:31 am

I regret the day I decided to sign up for their service. Save your money and time and go with a different company. I lost my job and I try to pay all my bills on time but Cox only gives you 10 days from when they mail your bill to get the payment to them and then they charge you an 8 dollar late fee, and if your service does get interupted they charge you another electronic fee to get it turned on, and if you try to pay your bill over the phone and you talk to someone then there is oh yes another fee. These guys are a serious joke and I cant wait to cancel my service and go back to qwest, they have much better service. My bill magically went from 44.95 a month and I think they are up to about 74 a month. And there internet is slow and freezes up. There service is the worst I have ever had. Save stress and seriously go with some other company.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

619 complaints