Cox Communicationsservice and billing fraud

P

The following complaint regards possible fraudulent billing, harassment and threats, and refusal to make repairs and maintenance.

We are aware that some problems may exist regarding the post hurricane damages, but as of this date, the problems and excuses are no longer valid.

THAT since October 2005 we have attempted to contact COX by email, telephone, and written correspondence to have to have Cable TV service restored back to normal. That on those occasions attempts were made by telephone wait time varied from 20 to over 50 minutes without speaking with a representative. A number of emails were sent to the New Orleans Customer Service office in most cases without response, or attempts to correct the problems. Letters written to the Corporate Headquarters and copied to the New Orleans office have been ignored, and not responded too.

THAT the one time connection was made to the New Orleans Customer Service office I was assured that the service would be reinstated back to normal within seven (7) days. And that a credit to my account would be issued for the on month's payment. Neither the repair, nor the credit was ever completed.

THAT in late December 2005 I was contacted finale by COX Customer Service by telephone and advised that a tech representative would be at my home with in a week. And that a credit to my account of one month would be made to my account, and pending additional credits for loss of service.

THAT in late December 2005 a field technician finale arrived and advise until such time that the outside service box could be replaced, repaired, and the wires replaced and repaired, there was nothing he could do to fix, or correct the loss of service. The outside box had to be fixed by another department technician. As of this date, there have been no repairs, restoration of service, and no credits to my account.

THAT COX continues to harass, threaten, and continues in its fraudulent billing practices.

RATIONAL for not contacting state agencies for Louisiana include in part: COX has direct connections with the Mayor of New Orleans Ray Nagin, who is the former CEO of COX. That COX is a heavy contributor to certain campaign funds, for state and local officials. That neither the New Orleans Service Commission, nor the State Government will take an action or protect the consumer with regard to certain entities that are favored.

• Updated by Joaneane Smith · Jul 13, 2017

Business or product name...

Cox Communications
    Cox Communications Contacts & Information
    Posted: Jul 13, 2017 by J. Smith
    Internet and phone service down weekly
    Harvey, Louisiana

This is a business at 2439 Manhattan Blvd, Harvey LA 70058. Every week, the internet goes down for several hours/days. This building has 5 floors and most of us use Cox. I will circulate a letter asking for everyone to move to AT&T. We have work to do and deliverables to meet daily and can't accomplish them because the internet is down.

• Updated by Charles Ajuziem · Dec 05, 2018

See attachment

Comments

• Updated by SAAc · Jun 11, 2019

Worst customer service and they employ [censored]es and jerks

• Updated by dimebag58 · Dec 23, 2019

loud commercials ! AGAIN !!! Please fix this problem. Thanks for your help.

• Ta
    Tammy King Oct 27, 2020

I was just notified that I owed on a bill in a city I have never lived in, I don't appreciate that now after 15 yrs, I and my family are getting calls weekly and emails, only in the last 30 days. I finally spoke to somebody about this problem and the told me to contact the fraud, so I hope this is it, because like usually Cox can't do things easy!! My name is Tammy L. King and I live at 8 Gamewell Rd Pensacola, Florida 32506 and the person Cox needs to be calling lives at 3900 SE 17 Court Apt B Ocala [protected] Account [protected] owing $305.74. But I guess that would be to much trouble to find them so why not sucker somebody that pays on time and never been late, and try and make them pay for some useless piece of [censored] that said I lived at that residence. Look up my account people. I am in the medical field, how you like it if you went in for a dbl by pass and the doctor said no you need a frigin triple or better yet had the wrong patient, do your DAM job, I don't live there. Thank you, please help

• Di
    dimebag58 Jan 02, 2020

tv adds are back to being way too loud. please fix this anoying problem. i understand why this is done but its working the wrong way. i dislike the advertised product. it only makes me mad . t v watching should be a happy and fun thing to do. many thousands of others feel the same. thank you for your help.

• Ly
    Lynn Bagnull Nov 09, 2019

Please advise Fox that I am disgusted that my football game is streaming in Spanish only! If a Cox technician can assist, I would be appreciative!

• Ry
    ryp Oct 28, 2019

My service was out for 6.5 hours today and all I got was I'm sorry and $5 bill credit for the service not working. No compensation due to my inconvenience that this is my day off of work and I've had no cable or WiFi available all day

Paulette Meader Oct 15, 2019

Cox communications is...
    Ripping off a 90 year old by charging 250.00+ a month for bare minimum services. A 30 year customer and not a discount, a break or a compassion for someone this age unsure of what he needs or wants...DEMENTIA. Nothing like terrorizing people whom have gotten older and just want to watch TV

• Ge
    GenaRho Sep 11, 2019

Try to get Cox internet at our house for 10 mon Initially came out said we needed fieldwork. After that we had a person out like every other week for them to say I only do inside install but I put fieldwork request they will be out next week.never even after many calls finally part was done never came back.been 6 mo Every call they pull my credit

• Ka
    [email protected] Jun 30, 2019

I was charged $121.99 for a usage charge which I did not order.
    According to my bill on April 6 someone ordered Star Wars Bundle. We have no record of it and if you check, you will see that we never watched it.
    We have been customers for over 30 years please help
    ACCOUNT 001 6610 [protected]
    JEREMIAH OCONNOR
    1 BARON COURT
    WARWICK RI 02888

SAAc Jun 17, 2019

A [censored] from service breathed heavy on me while I was asking her to explaine, I asked for her manager and he was dork he was already puffed and a jerk, he said Cox didn't care and he is happy to cancel my service

• Lu
    Lulu Harward Jun 09, 2019

Several times a truck has come to do work and had parked on the sidewalk. Now there is a part of the sidewalk that is caving in from that weight.

• Da
    Dan trump May 25, 2019

She rude and sound drunk on the phone when I made a call to your call center told me her life story about how she has a active warrant out for her in Phoenix for drive drunk with kids in the car and could drive for Cox very disturbing you employ people with active warrants

• 4a
    4 Amigos Mar 06, 2019

On 2/27/19 I called and complained that my bill for basic internet service has gone up the last 2 months. Once again, having been a cox customer for over 20 years, they didn't care that I was such a loyal customer and wouldn't budge or help out! This has been the case EVERY time I call in there! Cox sucks!

• Mi
    Mikhael Alessandro Smyth Feb 13, 2019

Over a year after we canceled service and turned in all the equipment to the COX store across the street they sent us to collection for not turning in the old equipment. This should turn into a class action lawsuit as some people will just pay it.

Christine Vokes Jan 05, 2019

It's been 3 days and there has been no resolution. Lots of promises but nothing is being done to resolve this problem. I believe that's Cox has been hacked and is not telling anyone. Been without service for 3 days. Hope to get credit for all these days that we are down.

Charles Ajuziem Dec 12, 2018

Possible Extortion and lack of security

• Wa
    Wandanacht Dec 11, 2018

Why do you have to call every few months to get cox to adjust your price? They raise rates and fees. I have to disconnect service in order to get a better price. I am on a fixed income and cannot deal with constantly raising rates and fees. How about charging everybody the same? They might have more customers

• Az
    AzGeoff Nov 19, 2018

I was promised $200 rebate, received $100. These guys just keep lying.

• Ds
    DS2016 Nov 14, 2018

On November 3, 2016 at 8am in Newport News, VA. a COX service truck was driving very fast and blew through a red light as I and others were about to drive thru. License plate VKJ-6654. The driver is very dangerous on the road.

Pattie Pitts Nov 12, 2018

I rent the Router from Cox and I asked about the back up battery to keep the service on if there is a power fail. I had to pay for that battery!! This is not right at all. I resent having to pay for this since it should automatically be installed for the customers that are renting the box.
    I want my money back please---

• Ee
    eech Oct 27, 2018

I called last nite because I was having problems with my internet and the guy that helped me was rude and disrespectful and very impatient ect and by that I would not call for help again

Joaneane Smith Oct 22, 2018

This is a business at 2439 Manhattan Blvd, Ste 203, Harvey LA 70058. Every week, the internet goes down for several hours/days. This building has 5 floors and most of us use Cox. I will circulate a letter asking for everyone to move to AT&T. We have work to do and deliverables to meet daily and can't accomplish them because we can't connect.

• Ap
    Aparna Moondra Oct 21, 2018

I have been a long time customer with cox and was so disappointed with your customer service for the last few times. I think you think since I have been a customer for so long it's ok to be rude and not helpful. Before I switched my provider wanted to let you know of my disappointment.
    Aparna Moondra
    [protected]

• Ro
    Rowan Atkinson Oct 15, 2018

Today August 8th, 2017. Casa Grande, Arizona.

The internet is extremely unstable, the connection drops every 3-4 seconds for no reason and no notification from the provider.

Really disappointed.

Do not recommend this provider for other users.

• Ku
    Kumar1981 Oct 03, 2018

Customer service agent, pretends of not hearing and concluded the call without finishing service @ 5:05 PM EST (call started at 4:50 PM EST on 09/20/2018)

• Ro
    roland11 Sep 18, 2018

I pay extra for faster Internet speed...instead I get what they choose, when they choose...Where can I go to get service that I pay for? I've only been with them about 15 years so I guess they take me for granted.

• Na
    Nathan1914 Sep 01, 2018

Cox used to have a free movie section and now everything in the that section costs money. This really sucks!!!

• Ku
    Kuo Aug 28, 2018

Bundle price guarantee for 12 months is a scam. After I had the bundle service for 3 months. Cox added $9 more and taxes Nov, 2017. I complaint to Cox PR and Public Utility. No use, I still got rip off for 9 months.
    Do not use Cox. Cox is a very dishonest company.

• Ra
    Ray.brabec11 Aug 20, 2018

I saw one of their drivers texting (not on a call or looking at GPS) TEXTING on Dodge St in Omaha, NE and when I called to report this the lady made excuse after excuse for the guy then hung up on me. Apparently they don't care if this driver could've hurt some one! Way to go Cox.

Annette N Aug 20, 2018

see above

Mariabee Aug 20, 2018

Driver recklessly cut me off around 423pm on Vegas Dr. Number on vehicle 71427. Was also speeding.

• Me
    Melissawasson44 Aug 15, 2018

I called to cancel my cable TV and cox turned off my internet and then told me they were unable to turn it back on.

• Br
    Brooke Blackstone Aug 15, 2018

Cox driver yelled obsenities at me while driving through Starbucks parking lot. Words included "[censored]ing [censored]". Completely unprofessional and unwarranted while on the clock, representing your business in a terrible light.

• Ni
    Nickt Aug 15, 2018

signed up for cox a little over a month ago they said it would only take 1 day to install it took them 3 weeks to get me more then 5 channels ist still is constantly freezing I have called them out 7 time 2 times they didn't show up another Time they claimed I canceled they told me I had to pay almost 3oo dollars when nothing works.

pavan kumar 8 Aug 14, 2018

Worst customer care representatives at Cox store, roack road, wichita, KS. They say different prices day-to-day even though nothing changes in the company website. Very bad way of receiving.

• Er
    Erilone Aug 26, 2016

I regret the day I decided to sign up for their service. Save your money and time and go with a different company. I lost my job and I try to pay all my bills on time but Cox only gives you 10 days from when they mail your bill to get the payment to them and then they charge you an 8 dollar late fee, and if your service does get interupted they charge you another electronic fee to get it turned on, and if you try to pay your bill over the phone and you talk to someone then there is oh yes another fee. These guys are a serious joke and I cant wait to cancel my service and go back to qwest, they have much better service. My bill magically went from 44.95 a month and I think they are up to about 74 a month. And there internet is slow and freezes up. There service is the worst I have ever had. Save stress and seriously go with some other company.

• La
    Laurey Aug 12, 2016

About 8 months ago I was forced (by Cox) to get a business account due to the large volume of emails (group emails) that I send to business clientele. Since the institution of the new account I've had no less than 5 or 6 times where my email service has been shut down...apparently by your "Spam House". I've followed all directions given by their Tech team

(I'm sure I've spoken to everyone there) and today I'm having the same issues again.

Supervisor Tracy has sent another (4th or 5 time) message to the Atlanta Email "team" for a quick resolution to todays issue. (Last time this happened it took 5 days to fix the issue). I'm wondering why I was forced to get a business account when Cox is not allowing me to do business ?

• In
    Inez Castleschouldt is a LIAR Aug 12, 2016

First of all I dont know what area you live that has this cox communications in it but sir your a low down piece of ### liar, do you actually think that a company would stay in bussiness if they conducted there bussiness that way? IDIOT!!

• Co
    CoxSucks Aug 12, 2016

I was watching A Perfect World on the EAction channel through Cox Communications Digital Television and 15 minutes before the movie ended, it switched to another movie. Nothing like investing nearly two hours in a movie only to have it switch to a different movie during the ending. I called Cox for a credit and of course they blamed EAction (Encore Action) and will not give me a credit. Way to stand behind your service Cox.

• Te
    TERESA M. Aug 12, 2016

Saw TV channel listing online (which was burried on their website) updated in Aug that the sports channel we want is now in the 'basic' package. Verify in their published PDF (updated in Oct) that this is the case. Call to change and, no, sports package may or may not be, in the basic package. One person says yes, maybe, one says no, one says because former person said no, it must not be. And, I see in my latest bill, that they are going to change channel listings again in Dec. Where, exactly, am i to go to see what is where? Holding my breath for U-verse as a dish is not an option, alas.

• In
    inez castleschouldt Aug 12, 2016

I changed companies to go to cox because of there lower price plan which was 3 in 1 cable,internet, and telephone it was to be a fixed amount as long as i paid my bill but not so. After a few months my cable bill went up over 30.00 dollars and my internet more than doubled, of course I complained to anyone that would listen, but got no results. Really one of their people told me they did it all the time and most of the time people got tired of complaining and just paid the extra. She said the company felt they would loose only a few customers because people get tired, when they get no results and it is a lot of hassel to find a new company, so it was to their advantage to ignore all complaints, to just listen and be nice ,but tell them their is nothing you can do. I was surprised that there was only a few complaints on this company but they may be like me. I happened up on this site by accident I didn't know sites like this existed, but I will come here now that I know about it. Every time before I start a new service and see if there are any complaints Thank you for this site.

• Ho
    Honeybee2626 Aug 12, 2016

We were told we could get NY Yankee Games on the Yes Network. We asked them a few times to make sure and they told us absolutely. 3 months later baseball season started and we do get the Yes channel but all Yankee games are blocked because Cox Communications does not have a contract with the Yes network. We called Cox and they were unwilling to help us and could care less now that we are tied into a 2 year contract that they would not let us out of. It is amazing how they spent so much time talking with us to get our business but now they wouldn't offer us any help and had little to say. We are getting the word out they Cox Communications is a very unprofessional company and you should not do business with them.
    fa39a