Cox Communications company logo
Cox Communications
reviews & complaints
Cox Communications
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

602 complaints
67 resolved 535 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

Cox Communications reviews & complaints 1001 - 602

Cox Communications complaints 602

Cox Communications - bait & switch

We are filing complain against Cox Communications for a bait & switch scam to draw customers into plans that were not initially described in the details during the sales sign up session over the...

Cox Communications - worst business ever!

This company has got to be the worst company in the world! Two and a half months ago, my wife called Cox to switch our telephone, TV, and Internet services over to them and their "bundle" package deal. A week later a technician came to our house and informed us that there was not a "port" for them to hook to for our house, and they would need to put in a work order to have the cable port installed across our street, then they could hook us up. I said great, lets do it! Two months later, 16 - 20 calls, and at least 20 hours on the telephone waiting while they looked at our account and typed in notes to "insure we would get this matter taken care of", we still don't have any service from them. We have set up 5 appointments during that time span, and only 2 of them have produced a tech at our home...the other 3 times they have either called and wanted to reschedule, or never showed up. Each time we had an appointment with them, either my wife or myself took off of work to be home when they arrived. Today, we finally got a technician here for only the second time in two months, only to find out that they never had a "port" installed! So, after 2 months of calling and taking off of work and getting frustrated to the point of giving up, we were no closer than when the first tech came to our house 2 months ago! So we gave up on them...I drove down to our local "Cox Solutions" office and gave them a piece of my mind. They assured me that they would have the general manager call me within an hour...but of course, he never did. A fitting end to the superb customer service you'll get from the worst company on the face of this earth. The guy at the counter also gave me his boss's telephone number, which I called as soon as I got back home...you guessed it, the number was disconnected! I will tell everyone I know, what a terrible company Cox Communications is.

Cox Communications - id theft / fraud

This is the 2nd time I have been charged by cox communications with supposedly having services which obviously someone opened from an address I lived in 14 years ago and has used all my personal...

Cox Communications - bundle *bait-&-switch*

I wish i'd learned about this site sooner, so that I could have expressed my displeasure much earlier. Anyway, shortly after moving to this area, I let cox seduce me into getting their "$25 cable ...

Cox Communications - total bad attitude

Had Cox for a few years and it was an ongoing fight to watch their billing as it changed willy nilly on their part. After you sign up for a product package they start taking away TV channels such as Hallmark. Then they try to make you rent more boxes in order for you to continue to get Turner Classic movies on the other remote TVs throughout the house.

We finally said enough is enough is enough is enough and went to Century Link. Far better service, Many more great channels, less cost etc.

Lastly when I called to discontinue, they were to send me a box to return their equipment, never got it and they they add about $200.00 to final bill until they get their equipment back. They make me drive for 30 minutes to their office to return their boxes for punishment for quitting them.

I really recommend Century Link over Cox.

Feb 04, 2014

Cox Communications - outrageous cost for service

. The organized extortion and wholesale fraud increases by this monopolistic front company within a typical corporate pattern of deception and lies, as clandestine manipulation of the cost for service escalates daily, weekly, and monthly.. I think that as the complaints against cox grow by hundreds, they will ignore class actions and federal investigations in allegiance to corporate greed, rather than ethics and justice.. Also, as americans craving for sewage piped into their homes continues unabated, cox and all commercial broadcasters will never evolve into a respectable media, yet will perpetuate the further degradation of a degenerate, demoralized, diseased society.

. The organized extortion and wholesale fraud increases by this monopolistic front company within a typical corporate pattern of deception and lies, as clandestine manipulation of cost for service escalates daily, weekly, and monthly.. I think that as the complaints against Cox grow by hundreds, they will ignore class actions and federal investigations in allegiance to corporate greed, rather than ethics and justice.. Also, as Americans craving for sewage piped into their homes continues unabated, COX and all commercial broadcasters will never evolve into a respectable media, yet will perpetuate the further degradation of a degenerate, demoralized, diseased society.

Cox Communications - fraudulent info request

Please investigate these phishingers and put them out of business.
This is the 3rd time they are trying to get my personal information.
I can't afford to have my email deactivated.
I contacted cox communication and they said it wasn't theirs and to send
This complaint below onto your group.

— original message —
Subject: warning (Avoid deactivation of you webmail)
Date: wed, 20 nov 2013 01:31:27 - 0800
From: cox communications
Reply-to:

Dera cox customer,

We recently did some upgrade on our database. During the upgrade there was an unusual
Respondcode from your cox email address requesting for deactivation. Please verify to
Deactivate or keep your coxwebmail account active.In order to verify/confirm your
Email identity, you need to provide the following information:

Confirm your email identity below

First name:
Last name:
Cox email username:
Email password:
Cox eccount deactivation:_________________ (Specify yes to deactivate. Active)
Reason for deactivation_____________ (If)

Warning! Failure to verify your email account within 48hrs of receiving
This notification, your
Account will automatically be deactivated

Warning code: asph8b02axv

Kind regards
© [protected] cox communications, inc

This email was sent by: cox communications, inc, 1400 lake hearn dr. , atlanta, ga
30319, usa. & copy;2010 cox communications, inc. All rights reserved

Cox Communications - bad customer service

Well it began on Friday night when my mom decided to purchase internet service. We called the sales department and placed an order and paid the 30 dollar install fee. We were then told that we would have service the next day, Saturday. I call on Saturday to make sure that the service is hooked up. No you are scheduled for Sunday, i was told. No we were told it would be today, so the rep says I will send form to get it escalated. I then asked to speak to a supervisor . That's when the fun begins. Ryan a sales "supervisor" then informs me because of my previous bill, which i admit I did not pay, my mom could not get her service until i paid it or has to prove i don not live at her residence. Now when does my ssn and debt under that ssn belong to my mom. NEVER thats when. So needless to say after finally losing it on Ryan and several other sales "supervisors". My mom was forced to pay my bill.I was then promised by another "supervisor " Benny that my moms service would not be connected as promised Saturday but Sunday and if i didn't like he would cancel my moms work order and would make sure that she would not get her refund until 6 to 8 weeks. So come Sunday and about 100 calls later the tech finally shows up at 7 pm which is messed up, but I guess since my mom wasn't paying the 60 bucks for an in home install she gets shafted. Every "manager"/ "supervisor" stated that it was very simple to hook up outside the home and that's why it was taking so long. Really? If it is that simple would that be first? Needless to say after a couple of calls to COX Headquarters, I get a very nice call from Pat Esser 's, flunkie telling me that I interfering with business and that if I keep harassing them that i will be sent to corporate security and banned for life. Now i guess I am supposed to be scared but all this does strengthen my resolve to make life as unpleasant for this pissant and I will i promise you. I now realize why we could not get any assistant from these people because it starts at the top with the Pat Esser and rolls down hill to the underpaid rep. BAN ME FOR LIFE ! I WILL NOT STOP!

I am so sick of those annoying commercials with that dad who screams and yells. So freaking annoying. Please get rid of them.

Cox Communications - promises and overcharges

I upgraded to their fast internet (50) on promises of free help desk support and free virus protection, at a 70 dollar monthly fee.
I needed assistance with a worm virus and they charged me 100 dollars plus a new 9.99 monthly fee. Never telling me of the 100 dollar fee until I receive the monthly bill. Their help was giving me a free spyware removal site address anyone can use. I complained to both Cox Cable and Cox Solutions and both denied the ability to change the billing and blaming the other department for the problem. I told the rep that I was a disabled veteran and had Cox Cable for the last 6 years using pc solution many time without getting a bill. Her solution to my problem was to changed service companies! ? Is that the voice of ownership?
So now I'll take my 180.00 a month to another service, thank you ### Cable!

Cox Communications - billing over charge

I just moved to Meriden, CT. I needed cable so my only choice was Cox cable and Internet. I called the 800 number n was transfer a couple of times till I got Adam in CT with cox cable. He was very helpful. He was able to arrange for the tech to install the service on a Saturday the day we moved in. I told him I want WIFI set up andhe told me yes this was available but I needed to buy a Netgear network so the tech could install it all at the same time. I asked him if there was any charge for installation he said no. I said great. When the tech came to install the service in set up the wireless network and never said there would be a $50 charge. No one on the phone when I ordered it or the tech who installed it said there would be a charge. I was shocked to see this $50 charge on my bill, so I called the customer service and then they proceed to tell me that this fee was because the net gear wireless network was installed by the tech. I would like a refund of the $50 because if I would of know it would cost that much I would of done it my self. I had to by the Netgear which already cost me $40 so another charge to install it is just wrong especially since no one told me there was a fee. I was told it was a free installation since I ordered the Bundle plan. Thank you

Hi Jen,
I think I'd be just as upset in your shoes, especially if I had asked about install fees and been told there were none. I truly apologize that we let you down! I'd like the opportunity to investigate what happened and see if I can make it right. When you have a free moment, please email my team at [email protected] You can copy and paste your original post into the email so you don't have to retype everything. I'll do everything I can to help!
Sincerely,
Becky K.
Cox Social Media Support Specialist

Cox Communications - bait and switch

Visited one evening by door-to-door salesmen telling me that if I signed up for cox phone service in addition to my internet service, I could get a free modem upgrade. They insisted that I only had to keep the service for six months and then the modem would be free. They told me the total price of the offer over the six months were less than what it would cost me to buy the modem from best buy (Which it mostly was. ) however, they did not mention the additional taxes that raised the price substantially. After the six months, I went to cancel and was told in order to keep the modem I would now have to pay a monthly rental fee. Both the first level support nor the supervisor were not authorized to make any concession. Of course, in my area cox is the only option for internet service, so I lack any leverage other than warning others of their shady practice.

Feb 19, 2013

Cox Communications - false billing

.From necessity rather than choice and because of monopolistic companies dominance and control I have been a subscriber to Cox Communications cable and Internet service for some ten years in La...

Cox Communications - awful customer service

Where do I start. Dealing with these people has been one huge headache. I called to find out information about my bill and compleatly got the run around. They will try to tell you that they cant change your account because you are locked into a contract, they dont do contracts there so that is a compleate lie and when they find out that you have already found out information they will be extreamly rude to you. Everytime I ask an employee their name or employee number they rufuse to give it to me. When I ask to speak to a manager or supervisor they give me the run around or simply say that a supervisor cant help me. A friend of mine is paying 70$ for the same bundle I am getting and when I went through the lady she went through I was told to have them unlock my account, when I asked them to unlock it they refused to. They have terrible customer service and are very very rude to the point of just refusing to even help you. I have called numerous times to try to change my account and find out information and everytime I call I hear somthing different. They have never helped me or even answered my questions truthfully. I have every intention of changing cable companies and honestly I should have never went with them in the first place. I have never had trouble with a company like I am having with this one. If you can avoid them, do!

Cox Communications - repeat of the same program every week

Repeat of the same programs, they will show the program on a Monday and you will watch the same program the next week and the same exact show will be on again. There is no way that evey week you have to be subject to same show if I've seen it once than that's enough. Customers pay cox cable alot of money to have cable network to have to watch the same show over and over, also everything is reality TV and than they still show the samething over on reality TV I would like a better verity and not have to watch the same thing over and over and over again. Please! Help!

Cox Communications - billing incompetence

3/26/12 9:15 am called cox re: interference and tv picture momentarily going black.
3/27/12 first repair response — advised that monthly billing would be reduced from $120. to $92.46 per mo. replaced splitter
experienced continued problem with reception momentarily blacking out
4/1/12 second repair response — approx 6pm a second splitter (outdoors) replaced and installed lg. black box.
4/5/12 third repair response — experienced continued interference after service call.
4/20/12 fourth service response — finally the problem was resolved. small motorola black box installed.
Was advised on 4/20/12 by "eric" that the monthly bill would be adjusted to $92.27 / mo. bill received was $122. plus
Contacted billing of the over-charge and was instructed that the total would be adjusted on following bill.
5/14/12 next bill debited from accnt. was $122.89
Rather than continuing the promises by cox of an adjustment, we merely terminated service. it's obvious that cox promises to rectify a problem, but refuses to correct it.

You know it's been learned by many people already about many companies, that you go into the local office to get something like this taken care of in person. That was your mistake. Does not matter who the company is.

You need to see if you have a bad service line feeding your house, and also they need to do a noise check to see if you have any loose connections on anything inside your house that could backfeed interference from another outlet and affect your digital picture. Also you need to make sure you have no store bought cables as this will do it every time, and that your lines are not split in the wrong fashion where it can cause your signal to drop to where it causes your tiling and black screen. I could go on and on with possile causes, but these seem to be the main causes. One other one is make sure your box is hooked up to a grounded outlet. Those boxes are designed to work on grounded outlets. Not ungrounded ones. Have someone put a polaraty tester on that line to see if you line is grounded or not. Those boxes are very sensitive. Not only that it could be a box that took a voltage spike and need's swapped out for a different one.

Cox Communications - discrimination

That whole company is just full of crap. They make promises they cant keep and charge you for every thing they can get legally. Their favorite 2 words are apologize and sorry. Their favorite phrase is there will be an additional fee for that, which is not that small.

And the rest of us reading this feel the same about you! You not once ever mentioned what your issue was. That means your compalin don't mean a thing. You either work for AT&T or Defect TV.

They use scripted questions so that all interviews are the same. This cuts down on discrimination charges since every applicant is asked the same questions. As for the rest of your complaint, you saw a total of ten people in the office, out of how many?

L

Cox Communications - bundle packages

Cox Communications is the most unethical company I have ever dealt with. Not only that, but they have a total lack of concern and respect for their customers. I could fill pages with evidence. But the reason I'm posting this complaint today is because I just found out that the whole time I was signed up for one their "Bundle" packages, I was not getting ANY discount on my services. The reason? I do not have digital cable. That's right. Even though they lead you to believe that if you sign up for all three services - cable TV, telephone and internet - with Cox, you will receive a discount that you would not receive if you did not have all three services, you will NOT get ANY discount or those services unless you have DIGITAL TELEVISION! You will pay the same amount as you would if you only got one or two services from Cox. I called their service rep and demanded to know where that information was when I signed up. He could not tell me and I still have not found it.

Not only that, but they led me to believe my phone service would be cheaper than Qwest. That is, if you don't count the taxes, fees and surcharges they fail to mention! Their cable TV is the biggest rip-off ever. Sixty-seven channels and at least 5 of them are now blacked out. The majority of the rest of them aren't even worth watching. I just cancelled my TV and phone service with Cox. And if I can find another internet service, I'll cancel that also.

Sounds to me you just jumped into something without really looking at what you was going to be getting. It's YOUR job to see what it's all about before you order it. I would have done my research before getting something I was not sure about. I have their internet, and it's great. I don't change my services here and there. My bill stays the same every month, unless there is a yearly increase like everything else out there. I would think by now people would have much bigger priorities to complain about than cable. Come on, gas goes up and down all the time. not to mention other utilities keep going up. If you think about it, the cost for monthly cable is nothing like some people's bills for cell services which are over $200 a month. Give me a break about picking on Cox.

S
Apr 02, 2012

Cox Communications - misleading pricing

Cox does not list all their pricing for their advertised services and does not list the prices associated with the hardware rentals either. This leads to a consistent increase of prices between the initial contact to the "confirmation call" which is really just another attempt to upcharge the services you are trying to order. I had to finally cancel the order altogether when the various fees and changes to pricing, especially for non-listed services/equipment ended up almost $100 higher per month then what it started at.

Cox Communications - lied to 3 times

Went in to the location on rancho in las vegas sign up for new service was quoted 84 dollas for 6 months ( first lie) Employe said the would be on on monday to hook everything up (second lie) about one week later went to hook boxes in house nothing was working called cust service they said that they wernt sure it was even if cable was in the street told me it would be four days before they could come out and the bill would be ajusted (3rd lie) in the mean time i recived my first bill $123 not the price i was quoted and my cable was not even hooked to my house call they said the have no speicals at what they quoted me went on the the intenet with in 5 mins found better prices than i was qouted wow how can a company get away with this

Cox Communications - free mcafee security suite

Mclafee security suite provided though dix is garbage. Apparently unfinished and containing bugs. Mine updates several times a day and a pop-up appears in my lower right corner throughout the day...

1  ...  25 26 27  ...  31