Cox Communications Logo

Cox Communications

Having problems with Cox Communications?

Cox Communications Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 278 6660 (Closed Captioning)
+1 800 234 3993 (Support)
6205-B Peachtree Dunwoody Road NE
Atlanta, Kansas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Cox Communications Customer Service. Initial Cox Communications complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Cox Communications above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Cox Communications. Discuss the issues you have had with Cox Communications and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Cox Communications Complaints & Reviews

Cox CommunicationsBilling

My bill is supposed to be approximately $168.00 for two years beginning February 2020. They increased it slightly and last month I paid $171.89. This month they raised it to $207.65.

I went through this last year and it was resolved after much aggravation. I received this correspondence.

Great news, our Customer care specialist, Michael Fletchers, was able to speak with Mr. Riordan and get him all taken care of. There was a lot going on regarding his account. We have done a special correction of his monthly rate, ensuring that he receives the monthly rate for the 24 month promotional period. Michael also explained our pricing model and how rate could change should there be any change to taxes, fees, equipment cost, or surcharges. Michael also ensured that any fees billed in this process of getting his phone ported were adjusted.
Also Mr. Riordan submitted a payment to a former account in error on March 26, 2020 through his bill pay option via his own bank. We verified it was transferred to his active account so that he received proper credit for this payment.

Feb 16, 2021

Cox Communications — Cable equipment / contour cable boxes

Early 2020 I called cox to ask for new boxes, 1 main box for living room and one of the smaller boxes for our...

Feb 09, 2021

Cox Communications — Contour flex plan. I am paying for plan, but not receiving those channels. It is going on 6 days.

I called in on January 3, 2021. To this number [protected]. I talked to a sells Rep. This is her number...

Cox CommunicationsSome one opened service fraudulently in my name

My name is Renee Harris I reside in Chicago ill Recently 1/14/2021 I received a alert on my credit that I had a account in collections.not knowing what it could possibly be i contacted the collection company. Berlin Wheeler They informed me that it was due to non payment of a account that had been opened for service in my name with cox communication.In Phoenix Arizona and the collection was for 379.00 .So I contacted cox communications nix customer service department.They informed me that a account was fraudulently opened 7/1/2020 At 4235 N 35th ave in Phoenix Arizona.and it went into collections 11/23/2020 She also gave me the account number of the fraud account 5476723 and instructed me on what i needed to do.I have contacted the credit Bureau about this matter and a fraud alert was placed on my file.I also filled a fraud report with The Chicago Police department.that number is as follows ARD# JE113630 At this time i am asking that this fraud account be removed from my credit fill as collections and that a have no responsibility for this fraud activity .Thank You, Sincerely Renee Harris if you need to contact me please feel free to do so at [protected].

RESOLVED

It was not resolved

Cox CommunicationsInternet

My internet goes down just about every day between 5:00 and 7:00 PM. My football games, music, streaming all is interrupted on a regular basis. My neighbors have the same problem for a long time. But they are able to continue to charge me and raise my rates every year. They should be penalized financially for that entire day any time the server is down.

Cox CommunicationsInternet

Yesterday:
        Terrible internet, web pages take forever to load, etc. Can't do my work!
        TV won't run movies (stops, starts, struggles, voices out of sync, etc.).
        By the way, this happens every few weeks.
        Shut everything down and disconnected for 5 minutes then tried again. No improvement.
        Called Cox and their system said to press 1 for a chat. Chat was a joke. Kept asking me the same questions over and over or saying it didn't understand.
        Hung up and called again and told the Cox system to do the reboot and text me when it's done.
        One hour later, no reboot and no text.
        Called Cox again and waited for someone to answer.
        She did the reboot and we had internet again, not great but it was OK.
        Here's today (photo):

Internet

Cox Communications900 Las Vegas Blvd. #1208 Las Vegas NV 89101

My name is Ann Marie Rossotti, [protected]. 900 S. Las Vegas Blvd Las Vegas NV, Escrow closed at the property on January 8, 2021, I own the property however the previous owner did not close his account with Cox Cable therefore I can not open an account w/ Cox in my name. I absolutely need internet due to work situation and school. I do not have the ability to contact the seller. Apparently his neighbor reached out to him yet he has still not closed his Cox account.

900 Las Vegas Blvd. #1208 Las Vegas NV 89101

Cox CommunicationsContacted by Grace Duncan w/Berlin wheeler collection agency

I, Dale Ragas, for cox bill in my name, the bill originated from an address in oklahoma, using email address: bubba311119833, also home or business address in oklahoma. I live at 40 hwy 42, sumrall, ms. 39482, I also have a home in Louisiana @ 123 shackelford dr., buras, La. 70041 & Po Box 1111. My email address: [protected]@aol.com, cell phone [protected]. Ms duncan directed me to this website. thank you

Cox CommunicationsProperty Damage

My next-door neighbor at 2435 Sweetheart Ln. had cox cable install an underground cable to her property on January 5, 2021. The cox contractor laid a coax cable underground from my property lawn to across the street.

On January 6, 2021, I called and stated that they left red mud in front of my mailbox. The contractor did not clean up their mess and created damage to my property. I am requesting a cox rep and the contractor rep visit me in person at this location (2439 Sweetheart Ln. Pensacola, FL 32526) where they damaged my property or can claims contact me to work things out. I have had no communication from Cox Communications since that day.

Mr. Tyrone Grace
              [protected]
              2439 Sweetheart Ln.
              Pensacola, FL 32526

RESOLVED

As of today Jan 8, 2021 nothing has been done by Cox... Not even a phone call... This complaint has not been resolved.

Cox Communicationsidentity theft

My name is Teri Blackburn.
                Cox account number-[protected]

I cancelled my service on the phone on [protected].

My husbands ex wife called cox pretending to be me and made

changes to our account, went to the Cox store and signed a service agreement

and got a modem in my husband's name for her own use.

My husband's name is Dennis Blackburn, the ex wife who's name is

Amy Blackburn knows my husbands security information and pretended to be me!!

Cox CommunicationsBilling

Increased in bill charges,
                  When this happened last year I talked to a billing person and was told that the bill would not go up for a year and to call before promotion date expire.
                  Well it is before a year and my rate went up. This year the person said that the deal I was on ended, and the best he could do is about 15 bucks more than I was paying. (sort of like the same thing 10 mo prior). Take note 10 month prior not a year.
                  I view this as a violation.

Cox CommunicationsOver charge on account

I called several times to cox and asked about my balance. Each time I called my balanced increased more. I was told to pay a certain amount and when I did, my wifi was still cut off, after I made the payment! I called cox customer support again and spoke to a rick, he said my payment never went through, even though it says it did on my bank transaction history. When I told him this, he then told me I had to pay more! When I asked him why he said it was because I was late on a payment... But my account says I paid for everything. He still refused to turn on my wifi.

Cox CommunicationsNot professional survey

First take a look at the picture and see the handy work of cox cable company. It is a real mess. Must open the panel carefully or the boxes fall out. Nothing holding them in place.

Cox came out and installed my cox service to my new home in Goodyear Arizona. The engineers were pleasant and did install cox internet and phone but the photo shows how unprofessional the completed work was done.

I did not know at the time that there is a special port they could use at ceiling level for the large modem and phone box haphazardly crammed into this access panel.

Taylor Morrison came by and informed me that the boxes should be places outside the panel on the ceiling level shelving and outlets provided.

No I did not call Cox to report this. I took 7 phone calls and 2 visits to cox stores to just get my internet installed. I will not go through that again.

Not professional survey

Cox CommunicationsDisconnect cable for deceased mother

I called 10/12/20 to cancel my mother's service. She passed on 10/2/20. The guy said I have to take either POA or copy of death certificate or obituary into a Cox store. I don't have time for that nor does their company policy state that I need to do that. I tried to upload the PDF but it only allows pictures so I did a screen shot of the document and attached it. According to Cox, you can do it over the phone yet they are telling me I cannot. I guess they can cancel for nonpayment since they won't work with me. I'm even willing to email a copy but I'll be damned if I am going into a store while Covid is still running rampant.

Disconnect cable for deceased mother

Cox CommunicationsUsage charges

My name is Thaddeus Chauvin. My address is 1218 Dogwood Avenue  New Iberia, Louisiana 70560. I'm writing in reference to the 389 and some change. I haven't had a service with you in years. I don't have any of your hardware. Again, no service in years. I'm disabled and live on a fixed income. Please tend to this matter asap. This reply was to short so I'm adding more to it. I can't deal with this sent to collections. I need my credit report. Please remove this from collections immediately.

Sep 28, 2020

Cox Communications — Pricing and renewal agreements

In Oct 2016 we agreed to a four term for TV phone & internet, in Oct 2018 we received a price increase of...

Cox Communicationssomeone opened account in my name

Acct# [protected] I never lived in LAS Vegas Not sure of the date however you turned it over to collection's
                            Name Glen Womack I live in Reno you need to send a fraud packet to 2890 Vassar st #BB reno 89502 I will be filing suit if this is not resolved in the next few days if you want to know how I got the Acct number you collections person gave it to me
                            Thanks

Cox CommunicationsBilling at address where I have never lived

I received a bill from Credit Management L.P. for $1, 390.79. I called them to see what the address and date of the Bill. The address was in west Tulsa. I retired in May of 2014 from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers after 40 years. We moved to 5885 Cord Ave in Springdale, AR that M

ay. We bought a house in September I believe in Prairie Grove, AR. We have been here two years.

We have had a cox account at both locations. We live in a apartment off of 71st Street in Broken Arrow and had a cox account at this address.

I need this Bill removed from my credit report and credit repaired from the illegal use of my information.

Creditor Account # [protected]

The letter was addressed to Stan Spurlock which is not me.

Stanley J. Spirlock
                              631 Sundowner Ranch Ave
                              Prairie Grove, Arkansas 72753

Jul 10, 2020

Cox Communications — Cox has a low bar for new customer fraud. But a pole vault for the victim of identity theft.

Horrable customer service! I am the victim of a fraudulent account opened in my name. Fraud department hung...

Cox CommunicationsCable, internet, phone

Contacted them on 6-15-20 because my bundle was expiring, gave me a new 1 year price with taxes and fees of $221.22. 10 days later mailed me a bill for unauthorized $253.70. They said too bad that was the best price now, when I contacted them. Bait and switch tactics. Happened 2 years ago and the state attorney general told them they have to honor the verbal contract price. Here we go again.