Complaints & Reviews

Homelife system

How many times do u have to call to get them to authorize an install? If you guessed 15 times your wrong it's 17. I am including when they hung up on me, and transferred me everywhere but where I needed to go. how many Saturday's do u waste awaiting a tech, answer is 2. So poor customer service, no ownership or resolution. I cancelled the system. I would have cancelled cable as well if there was another provider. I would not recommend this system to anyone.

I am reporting identity theft.

There was a bill turned over to RB Corp VA / Credit Ctrl Corp. The acct. there are #[protected] and #[protected].

The Cox bill according to RB Corp VA / Credit Ctrl Corp is for services provided at:

7033 S Leary Drive
Tuscon Arizona, 85756

This was for services from March 2019 to Sept 2019.

My name and identity were used for this acct, but I have never lived nor had business west of the Mississippi. I have never been to Arizona.

Vernon Ross Hunter, Jr.
256.679.6899

My current address is 715 Clinton Avenue; Huntsville AL 35801

Price misrepresentation, contract violation misrepresentation on bundle

I have wasted so much time trying to resovle this matter. My price of my service package changed upon my calling in to cancel the NFL network. I was told the rep who changed that made some error. Thereafter, my price jumped up from $189 to $300 per month. Over and over, I called, receiveing different answers, different prices. Finally, I went in to a store, spoke to a manager Robert at the Euclid store. He agreed mistakes had been made. He assured he would make my balance due ZERO at the time but then did not. I then called again and round and round I go. Now I am being threatened to be shut off if I do not pay what someone decided was due. My bill should be around $200 per month. This is a notice that I will pay the bill to prevent shut off but will be filing a small claims court action to address the breach of contract that occurred. Stacie Neldaughter 1225 Glencoe Dr San DIego, Ca [protected] landline

Internet

I open an account 2 days ago and my internet was fine. I left home and by the time I got to my daughter...

Cox Comm

Billing

Why is cox communications billing us for sports surcharges when there are no sports on tv during this virus pandemic?
i don't understand these charges and the broadcast surcharges in the first place . $8.53 plus taxes for the sports surcharges and an additional $13.95 plus taxes for a broadcast surcharge, which by the way, they increase every december every year!!
please explain how they are able to do this?
how can we get these charges removed?

lack of transparency, lack of consistency on quotes

Our bill was increased by 22.87% due to our internet package no longer being offered. That increase went from $58.99 per month to $76.49 per month.
I called Friday, March 6, 2020 and Diana quoted a $63.99 per month but only for that day. I had to make a decision then. I talk finances over with my husband and it was not possible to talk on Friday. On Monday I called again this time I got Michelle who connected me to the Loyalty department. I talked to Marty. The quote he gave me which he said the best he had was for a 15% discount was $68.99. Prior to this quote he told me their are 15%, 20%, and 25% discounts and he would try to get me a 25% discount, which it never happened. Now for the same service which is for the preferred internet 150 I have two different prices. The date now is March 9, 2020. Later this day I call Cox again, same number at [protected] as the previous two times, and I get Marie. She takes a lot of time putting me on hold and now the best that she can offer is a $69.99 package and it is not
what I asked for but now ultimate speed 300 mbps which our internet would be faster she says. She also says my our preferred internet 150 is $87.00 per month. The first two I spoke with said that preferred internet 150 was $83.99 per month. Now I am presented with a total lack of transparency with Cox in getting consistent answers for the same product all with in the time period of Friday March 6 and Monday March 9th. The bottom line here is
a lack of transparency, consistency, and not being able to trust what I am being quoted as the price changes depending who I talk to for the same
preferred internet 150.

internet

I received a New Customer promotion for Cox internet by mail with my name and address on it.
I called the number on the promotional letter [protected] and asked about the promotions. It was confirmed that the GIGABLAST was $64.99 per month for 24months, no contract, unlimitated data and free pano wifi router rental, and was available to me.
So I set up a date on Saturday 11th. January for the free installation.
The ticket number for the work order #CUI000009108058.
I did notice that I did not receive an email from COX confirming so called back approx a week later and everything was reconfirmed again, price and installation date.
Now I have received my first bill a week later after installation of service and the charge is $79.99 per month for 24months.
I immediately called yesterday Saturday Jan 18th. to question the mistake and was told that the promotion was not to be found or did not exist for $64.99!
I made three more phone calls including the same number I originally called and asked if that promotion was still available and was told YES but when I said I was being charged $79.99 I was put on hold and passed to someone else who said it did not exist in the system!!!
Finally I called my local COX store 1931 Plank Rd. Fredericksburg 22401 and they said YES they sent me the promotion and that it was a nationwide promotion but could not give me a Promotion Code for it.
My frustration was beyond belief at this point as I feel either this is false
advertising and in fact fraud if you are sold a promotional price that does not exist. How many other people are out there having this same problem
This should be addressed and corrected immediately.

billing

I am going through a rough month and a half and cox communications refuses to work with me on my bill. I had to travel to a different state because of a death in the family they did extend the bill date out I was suppose to pay 370 we when I came back I lost my job because I was gone for so long. I called and said I had 250 of it if they could work with me and basically told me no. They set me up for automatic payment withdrawal which I have said in the past not to do because I have a prepaid card and I wasn't set up for direct deposit and because they did that it screwed me on getting help. I have had issues since day 1 and to be honest they don't care about us. I have always paid my bill when I said I was and because i'm having a rough month apparently i'm not worth it. I left directv to a company that treats us horrible and has terrible service. Somebody please help me.

I am complaining about my bill.

I have been a loyal customer with Cox Communications for the past eleven years. So what I am saying is I pay my bill on time every month. I agreed upon a one year contract (Internet and T.V.) that was guaranteed to me with a set price to not increase. I just received my bill and low and behold it had a price increase. I do not have the money in my budget for such an increase seeing as how I was promised there would not be one. This company is not true to its word. Now I am looking elsewhere for services where I will be treated with respect.

cable hbo

In 11/2018 I was offered free HBO for 2 years, I agreed. In 10/2019 with my bill forever climbing, I called to try and give up some services. I was told I had to keep at least 1 box as I had a contract for HBO. The other day I was talking with Cox through chat and was told I don't have HBO. Told I called and was told I had to pay a $110 termination fee to get rid of my cable and just keep WiFi because of my contract. I told the lady that if Cox cut my HBO they violated the contract and that should void the contract. They lady argued with me that HBO could be terminated and I still owe the termination fee if I don't keep cable and internet. I told her that the terms of the original contract was I would get HBO free for 2 years and Cox eliminated my HBO. I tried telling her you can't promise a service and initiate a contract based on other services then take the promised service away because that's a bait and switch and that is completely illegal. She disconnected on me and when I called back the 2nd lady completely agreed that HBO never should have been removed. I had not watched my cable for more than a month so I never realized they disconnected my HBO until I was told. So for more than a full month Cox had already violated the contract on their end and then wanted to force me to pay $110 termination fee. When I brought it to Cox attention that the contract was based on me getting HBO free for 2 years but since cox disconnected on me 2 months ago that should void the contract, such voiding any termination fee. Of course the lady from Cox argued that I was wrong and I still own a termination fee if I remove my cable. The 2nd lady said she would notify her supervisor about the lady that was seriously arguing with me. I don't think it's right at all that Cox can say one thing and to another.
The fact that Cox disconnected the HBO for a two month period should have voided the contract and as such voided the termination fee.

cable tv installation verbiage

I was told by a friend of mine that Cox technicians use very offensive lingo for setting up services. The Contour 2 mini box is described to customers (who dont care, obviously) as the "slave" box. When I asked my friend about it, he said the tech told him "slave box lives off the primary box" and that is how it was described to him. Now correct me if I'm wrong but there are certainly other ways to describe a secondary box for tv cable during setup. The term is racist and disgusting! I would never use Cox and I certainly will be sharing this information.

• Ro
    Robert Wallace Mar 28, 2020

Ummm….how do you feel about "Slave Cylinder" on your brakes?
    It's been a common name in brakes for close to a century.

Think that's "retro-racism"?

I think you're too sensitive to silly things.

dangerous driving by cox service van, rhode island license tag number 93430.

11/25/19 at approximately 4:45pm EST

In the Southbound lane on Greenwich Ave near Crossings Blvd., in Warwick, Rhode Island, I was waiting at a red light, with one car in front of me and a Cox service van to my left in the other Southbound lane. When the light turned green, the car in front of me started moving and and I started to follow them. The Cox van was still stopped although there was no one in front of them at the light. I believe the driver was looking at his/her phone because of the light in the cab. The road converges to one lane, and when I got to that point, I noticed that the Cox van driver had accelerated quickly to catch up to me and was now driving in the center lane, which was for turning only. They continued this behavior for a few blocks coming closer and closer to my vehicle until they practically ran me off of the road. They then slowed down dramatically for no reason that I could see.

cox wifi hotspot by fake company a1 lithium

I have major ID theft that began while using Cox residential services. A year later in my private condo there is a commercial grade Cox WiFi hotspot operating supposedly in the condo above me. The only issue is there is no A1 Lithium company anywhere!! I have already called Cox fraud several times. I opened up a case and the WIFI spot disappeared. Now it's back. I have bank fraud in 3 banks 4 SSN on my credit. The FBI says it's an ID theft ring and honestly Cox employees would not surprise me. My stepsisters bf was working at Cox and he told me first hand all the scams and accounts opened up fraudulently by employees to get bonuses. My 9 year olds phone IP address says it's a Cox Ip Netblock so clearly this hotspot is attaching to our devices. No Cox or WiFi supposed to be anywhere near my house. I have an ongoing investigation including email intrusion, ID theft, bank fraud, wire fraud you name it. This hotspot needs to get SHUT OFF IMMEDIATELY!!

Cox Communications

cable tv, internet, bundle

I've been with Cox Communications over 20 years. I have had the exact same bundle for many years. Last year I realized my bill was so high at $250 range a month for the bundle of Internet, Cable TV, and I'm forced to keep my landline although I don't even have a Land phone.

Last year 2018 around November I called to ask why my bill was so high? I was told if I agreed to a 2 year contract my bill would go down to the $220 range including fees. I was reluctant but I agreed to the terms as discussed with cox rep. My husband pays the bills and doesn't pay much attention. He eventually went out of town for business and I paid the bills and I noticed my cable bill was $265 including $15 of rentals. It's been one year since I entered a contract with them to bring my bill down to $220 including fees & taxes for two years. I called and got the run around. I asked a simple question: Why, is my bill higher than prior to signing a two year contract to lower it? She said I can see that your Bill has remained steadily at the $260 range for the last year. I thought What is she talking about??

I was livid - this is not the first time this company has lied to me. They will lie and say the bundle or contract includes fees and taxes when it does not. About 5 years ago, I even had one rep offer me the same bundle for $175 then when I got my bill - it was over $200.

I asked for manager. He was dodging my question by saying things like, "you like your channels? You are saving $50 already with your bundle"

- That's not the point.

I asked him to look back at what I've been paying (also the pdf bill they send is the ONLY document my iPhone 8 device cannot open ironically) he said something about at the second year of your 2 year contract The bill goes up. From $220 to $245, I said that makes no sense. If it goes up - then why did I sign a two year contract in the first place if there is no savings for two years? I asked the manager why the previous rep told me my bill has been consistently in the 260 range for the past year? He could not answer me and put me on hold came back and said he got me on a different special that will save me about $15.

I want to cancel Cox - I'm disgusted with their dishonest deceptive marketing. I am sick and tired of their unethical business practices, false misrepresentations and being lied to. Now I'm stuck with one year left with this worthless contract.

phone and internet

We have been experiencing problems with our phone service and internet speed for about a month. We also are having problems with technicians keeping appointments as scheduled. We have a phone service that's inconsistent, calls drop, call waiting does not work properly; calls on the television display drop when answered. When we do get a tech we get different answers from different techs about the problem. I need to speak with someone about this problem. As long as I have been a customer our service has never been this bad. We can be reached at [protected] this is a cell because we can't rely on our land line to operate correctly. Finally the last technician that was scheduled did not come; although he told his office he did. When you do call please ask for shirley williams.

Richard Williams

Retention department

I pay my bill monthly, I have never been in close to disconnection since I have been a customer of COX. I'm a loyal customer and pay for the service I use. I have just experienced the rudest and most arrogant customer service agent (Retention) in my life named Chris today. I called because I have several honest questions about my account going from $120 to $200 a month. Chris told me that my Internet service is a luxury and if it goes up I will have to deal with it. Chris goes on and start comparing my Internet service my Utilities trying to build an defense on why my bill was increasing. As a customer of COX, Chris told me that it's my fault that I was not aware of an app to monitor bandwidth. Instead of listening to my issue, Chris decides to challenge me when I used a comparison of how to cost continues to increase like gasoline.

I do not know what type of customer training COX is providing employees but this is just terrible and leaves a sour taste. What I'm hoping is that if someone sees this complaint, that they will take some type of employee actions. I will provide my account, name, and time of the call to get pulled for review. I'm at the point of canceling and looking for a new Internet service provider. If no resolution is done. I'm will to go farther through any method possible.

Payment - collections issues

COX Communications and Waypoint Resource Group I am upset because my name was associated with a...

cox internet service

My Internet was out all day Tuesday. So, I waited till Wednesday morning to call. They troubleshoot my system and said everything looks good and had 3 individuals for a total of 1 hour 1/2 troubleshoot again, but need to get a tech out there Thursday. Thursday came Tech arrived but could not troubleshoot because their COX system was down nationwide. So made another appointment for Friday between 8 to 10am, NO TECH showed up. Contact Cox and told me my modem was old and get a new one. So turned in my old one and got a new modem. Still not working, and said it could be the router. So went back to Cox and got a modem with a router. Guess what, still no internet and online tech troubleshoot my system and still same original symptom found on Wednesday. Told that a tech will be out on Saturday between 3 to 5pm. So, I had no Internet since Tuesday went through 4 different call persons, 1 unruly tech who was upset because he came on his day off and I don't expect to see a tech on Saturday between 3 - 5. If no show again by tech I am done with COX after 23 years as a devoted patron.

internet and customer service

Hi, just want to get on record the terrible service and customer experience I just received from the clearly money hungry company, COX! after shotty internet service all day the tech support tells me my only option is to pay a tech to come out to my house. Same hoyse that had 100% service yesterday. Normally not a huge deal if there was actually a legit reason someone needs to come inside my house. Not ok to just ask people to fork over money when we are all aware cox overcharges. not happy with that option i ask to get transferred to the team that cancels seevice. Talked with Marina who didnt even ask me why i wanted to cancel just wanted a shut off date. I was denied my request to transfer to a manager. I demand respect as a customer. Most people don't cancel because of the hassel but I'm well aware other companies are cheaper. Ill pay $100 less and accept an alternative.

cable

Have to upgrade to Contour. Ordered new box. Still waiting for new box to arrive. Tonight they shut off my cable. I call them. They apologize. Admit it is their computer glitch. Ordered Friday night on the 11th. Not expected to arrive until this Friday due to weekend then holiday. Today is Tuesday. Told I will not have cable until new box is received and activated even though this is their computer glitch. And they keep raising cable due to their greed. So tired of their unwillingness to fix this "glitch" of theirs.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices