Courtyard By Marriott: Beijing, China / Sexual Assault

Beijing Courtyard Marriott
Sexual Assault at Beijing Courtyard Spa

I am a long-term platinum member. This weekend I was in Beijing on my points, and asked for a massage. The Courtyard has a spa, one which advertises a special rate for guests, all costs are charged on the Courtyard bill. The spa is down the hall from the Courtyard in a health centre.

Without dealing with details, I was sexually assaulted by my masseuse. Since no one at this property spoke English, and I was terrified to deal with Chinese authorities. I tried to launch a complaint on line. For two days I heard nothing, and finally got Marriott operations today.

They will not refer me to higher than phone answering employees. No one has asked me how I feel, was I harmed, nothing. They are insisting I go to the Beijing police, but am now in Korea, and frankly, I am more interested in making sure this never happens again than dealing with charges that may or may not be criminal --

Long and short of it all, I am in a mess, I am a mess, and cannot believe that this is the treatment a serious complaint gets.

DO NOT go to this hotel. Be cautious of using any Marriott Spa personal massages. They claim no liability for their actions and their employees.

Courtyard By Marriott: Beijing, ChinaCourtyard By Marriott: Beijing, ChinaCourtyard By Marriott: Beijing, China

A  9th of Aug, 2009 by
I am terrified of these massage "parlors" and to think a Marriott would have one as its primary spa is outrageous. I also can't believe this person has had no comments from Marriott