CountryWide / Home Loan / Terrible service!
I find that communication between Countrywide Home Loan Inc. and me the customer is severely lacking. I don't want to distract anybody from the fact that I missed an $18.00 home equity loan payment which is my responsibility whether I receive the bill in the mail or not. What really angers me is Countrywide taking such drastic actions such as refusing to honor checks written on this home equity loan without ever contacting me and pointing out that I was in arrears.
The delinquent payment of $18.00 was for November 2007. I had completely paid off this loan in October 2007 and assumed that there would be no payment necessary for November 2007 this I assumed being the reason I had never received a bill or because I had just signed up for electronic payments and was expecting an email reminder.
Mind you I was completely clueless about a payment being completely missed and for as long as I've been with Countrywide I have never missed a payment. I was making the next months payment for December electronically. There was a $6.00 charge included with my December payment, at first I was confused because I had never seen any mention of fees for electronic bill paying when signing up.
I refused to pay Dec. bill electronically and I wrote Countrywide a nasty email concerning this fee and how they could believe someone would pay this fee in order to pay their bill electronically.
I don't remember the exact response I had received, but I know there was no mention of a payment being missed. Mind you I'm still clueless after a month in arrears. I even call a Customer Support person who tells me the fee is because I'm late on my payment. I looked at past payment dates in my checkbook, I could not see how December 2007 payment could be late.
Even after talking with a customer rep I had no idea the late delinquent payment was for November 2007. So basically Countrywide would much rather screw a customer financially by not honoring three checks written out from one of their home equity lines of credit instead of calling the customer who had never missed or had been late for any payments before and communicated this problem to that person.
Maybe they thought that $18.00 was way out of my payment possibilities. This $18.00 payment has now cost me hundreds of dollars. Thanks Countrywide I'll surely not come to you for my refinance because I want far away from the likes of you.
More CountryWide / Home Loan Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank Of America - Privacy Assist Plan - abusive customer service rep 
- Bank Of America Corporation - line of credit negative credit bureau reporting when mailing stalled 4 weeks
- Bank of America - debit card stolen
- Bank Of America Corporation - bank of america doesn't care about customer service in their branches anymore. 
- Bank Of America Corporation - fraud dispute on credit card
- Bank Of America Corporation - holding funds