Countrywide / realestate fraud
December of 05 iI had entered into a contract to purchase a house. My mortgage broker had asked me to buy more time as he was looking for a way to find me a loan. I made a deposit of 5k, then another 130k from an equity line he procured for me on another house. A day before close of april7/06 he notifies me that in order to 'get through escrow' I was to sign over the interest in the escrow to him and after close the following morning it would be replaced in my name. This has not happened.
Since inception of the lawsuit it has been discovered that- he had been preparing, signing, and forging documents in the escrow office without my notice from him or the escrow between feb28-march31 06. That two days prior to the assignment of my interests, and well after my over 100k deposit, he had aplied fraudulently, had approved from his superior, AND was underwritten by Countrywide for a mortgage and a HELOC in the amount of 50+k! The 50k$ was used to buil;d a pool and yard at his present house. the loans miraculously were underwritten and funded within 2days and without a purchase contract or any suportive evidence that he was to purchase this house. Basically he was enabled and coluded with to defraud me.
A year has passed, Im waaay out of money for my attorney, The broker has now filed chpt.7 after numerous other stalling tactics by his sleaze lawyer and Countrywide has done everything from denying his employment(since proven) to saying it was them that were defrauded as well. Nevermind that they had the last call, this is what underwriting is based on according to law.
call me if this interests you, you can see current docs relating to this on the L.A. Superior Court web site- case # BC379861
More Countrywide Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - claims department 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank Of America Corporation - scam
- Bank Of America Corporation - lack of tellers 
- Bank Of America Corporation - bank account
- Bank Of America Corporation - deposit of check with 7 day hold
- Bank Of America Corporation - interest charges after paying the card off in full