Countrywide / Fraud and scam!

I went through Lending Tree to secure quotes on a loan. Countrywide came in the lowest. They guaranteed they could close my loan. I eliminated all of the other companies who wanted to finance my home. Countrywide took $300 from me to secure the loan and lock in the interest rate. Two and one half months have passed and they have yet to close my lone. The loan officer Hiep Hoang lies every time I call and claims he will call back but never does. The interest rates have risen while I have been waiting on Countrywide. They claimed a bogus appraisal appraised my house half of what I purchased it for although it is in a booming area. Countrywide is running a fraudulent scam.

Comments

• Su
      16th of Mar, 2008

COUNTRYWIDE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES!!!! I CLOSED ON MY HOUSE ON NOV. 30 OF 2007 - ACCOUNT CLOSED - PAID IN FULL.
    THIS WEEK, I GET A CALL FROM COUNTRYWIDE SAYING THAT $969.36 WAS "MISTAKENLY" PUT IN MY ESCROW ACCOUNT ON DEC. 17. THEY WANTED THE MONEY BACK AND SAID IF I GAVE THEM MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER RIGHT THEN AND THERE, THEY WOULD TAKE 20% OFF OF THIS AMOUNT. I CALLED AND SPOKE WITH 2 COUNTRYWIDE LOAN OFFICERS AND THEY TOLD ME COUNTRYWIDE DOES NOT DO BUSINESS THIS WAY. WHAT A SCAM! RUN, RUN, RUN FROM COUNTRYWIDE!!!!!!!