Bank of America — problems with flood insurance!
When our mortgage was sold to Bank of America, we were almost immediately told we would be required to carry flood insurance. I tried to communicate with customer service by phone and correspondence but was very much ignored. I was sold a flood insurance policy at over $600 per year. I tried to communicate with Bank of America asking why my property had been identified as being in a flood plain. I finally got a hold of someone in the second year of the flood insurance policy and was told by them that It was up to me to prove that I wasn't in a flood plain. I asked them where the proof was that I was and was ignored. Finally at the beginning of the third year I hired a surveyor who verified I was no where near a flood plain and I sent the report to Bank of America. Without so much as an apology they notified me that new information had surfaced about my property, that it was not in a flood plain. At that point I requested reimbursement for the two years of flood insurance and the cost of the survey, a total of about $1500. I never heard a word from them, not an apology, go jump in the lake, or any kind of a response. Rest assured if the shoe were on the other foot, I would have paid through the nose.
More Bank of America Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service
- Bank of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account
- Bank of America - claims department
- Bank of America - closed my account for no reason
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers
- Bank of America - bad customer service
- Bank of America - dishonest refinance good faith estimate
- Bank of America Financial Center - credit card
- Bank Of America/fia Card Services - not honoring written agreement
- Countrywide Cleaners - Damaged clothing