Costco Wholesale Corporation / marketing event for our open enrollment - ada s. mckinley community services, inc.

I'm the human resources director for ada s. mckinley community services, inc. I scheduled an marketing event for our company open enrollment. I reached out to the location nearest to our agency, 1430 s. ashland ave., chicago, il. 60608. esther was the marketing representative, that I worked with to schedule our event. she confirmed that there will be a representative at all four (4) of our company events. on the first day of our scheduled event, I called the location to see if a representative was on their way. since, our event began at 10am/cst. I called at 9:45am/cst to confirm attendance. I was told by a representative at that location that the marketing reps were on their way to our function. around 10:15am, I received a call from esther's stating their was a mix-up in the scheduled days and a reps would not be attending our event. her response to me was very abrupt and unprofessional without a resolution. her manager, niesha called to apologize for her behavior and to see if she could schedule other reps to attend our event. unfortunately, she was unable to get someone to replace esther or the other marketing reps. due to esther's unprofessional ism our executive team decided against having costco as a vendor at our event. we do not want our employees to be treated in that way by our vendors. this was a very disappointing experience because our employees were looking forward in learning more about your membership program and signing up to receive the benefits. as a first impression of working w/costco, I was not satisfied and will consider other competitors. as of today, march 27, 2017, 3-weeks after our event, I received a call from another marketing representative, mr. chris ulrich to follow-up to a voice-mail message that I left when I originally wanted a representative to come for our open enrollment sessions. this demonstrates another lack of due diligence on the part of your employees. I am sure that obtaining new business is vital to your organization, so I encourage you to speak w/your staff about building relationships based on professionalism, follow-up and execution. potential members very disappointed!

Ma