Continental Finance Mastercard / Fraud & deception!

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!

Closed account and paid payoff balance a month ago. Still getting bills with balance and late fees. The worst customer service... very rude and unprofessional.

Comments

Je
  17th of Nov, 2007

Yes this company is very bad. Isn't it funny that you cannot speak to ANYONE unless you have your card #. I was approved for this card but never rec'd it and they wouldn't even talk to me. It is just crazy.

Ka
  3rd of Dec, 2007

This is the worst credit card I have ever had, I have over 7 credit cards, and this is by far the most aggravating and upsetting one. My identity got stolen back in July, and they sold it. Because of that, I have many open cases in various states, like Nevada, and Florida. (I live in Oklahoma). I also have a freeze on my credit, so that if anyone tries to run it, or change anything on any of my accounts, they must contact me first for permission. I check my online account with Continental Finance on a regular basis, and I'm glad I do. I did not think anything peculiar with my account, but I checked and saw that my address had been changed to a Georgia Address!!! Of course, I was furious, and tried to call their Customer Service. It was a Sunday, and they are only open M-F, 8-5. So I filed police reports, etc., and called them bright and early M morning. Unfortunately, it's true, that everything is automated, I got disconnected from the automated operator 4 times because MY actual zip code did not match MY file. I finally got this GA address that it was changed to, and was able to speak to someone. Their Customer service team was very rude and acted like it was my fault. I found out that someone who has my identity called up there, said I had moved, changed my address and got sent a new card!!! All without my knowledge. I informed them I was canceling both cards I had with them because of this, and the supervisor was rude and acted like I was out of line for being so dramatic.

Bottom line-- do NOT get this card, there are many many more cards out there where you can get better customer service, and they have a better act of security (especially if you are a victim of identity theft like me!!)

-Kate

50 forest st
Keene
New Hampshire
Phone: 603-352-7036

The continental finance credit card was canceled within 1 month after they stated a 30 day pay period would be fine, but they have a 25 day pay period. Calls and all attempts to solve the 1st bill late fees and the another fee because the late fee put me over my limit have been futile. Constant daily calls to my home. e-mails and general harassment from this company is pathetic,even after canceling card late fees are continued to be added to the amount. This is ridiculous. This is a scam . I need help with this from somewhere. KC

La
  11th of Mar, 2008

I just recieved a mastercard from them for a limit of $300.00 But, it states in the find print that after paying for annual fees my balance will only be $50.00 Is that crazy or what. So, I will have to pay $250.00 just to get $50.00. They are crazy. Where do the se people come from. I not desperate! Or You.