RealTimes / RealNetworks Logo

RealTimes / RealNetworks

Having problems with RealTimes / RealNetworks?

+1 206 674 2700 (Head Office)
+1 212 391 6668 (United States, East Coast)
+61 399 394 730 (Australia)
+43 624 677 007 (Austria)
+385 14 961 180 (Croatia)
+351 218 937 010 (Portugal)
+62 212 951 7007 (Indonesia)
+63 28 563 967 (Philippines)
+82 220 145 114 (South Korea)
1501 1st Avenue S., Suite 600

Ulica Florijana Andrašeca 18a, Zagreb 10000, Croatia

Portugal
Av. D. João II, № 16, 1ºDto, 1990-091 Lisboa, Portugal

China
2116, Tower A, Pacific Century Place, 2A Gong Ti Bei Lu, Chaoyang District, Beijing, 100027, PRC

India
Unit № 110, First Floor, BPTP Park Centra, Village – Shilokhera, Sector -30, Gurgaon – 122002, India

Indonesia
Menara Global 20th floor, Suite A, Jl.Jend.Gatot Subroto kav.27, Jakarta Selatan 12950

Japan
Humax Ebisu Building 8F, 1-1-1 Ebisu-Minami, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0022 Japan

Philippines
Unit 901, Picadilly Star Building, 4th Avenue, Corner 27th St. Fort Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, Metro Manila, Philippines

South Korea
14th Floor, K1 REIT Building, 463, Chungjeong-ro 3-ga, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, 120-709, Korea

Brazil
Rua Samuel Morse, 74, sala 183, Cidade Monções, São Paulo, SP, Brazil. 04576-060

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with RealTimes / RealNetworks.

Complaints & Reviews

Real TimesFraud credit card charges

This company has been charging my credit card $17.08 every month for over a year. I have called their Seattle, Wa number [protected]) over and over months. No one ever answers this line. I have sent emails and filled out the form on the contact page from their website www.realnetworks.com ~ Noone ever responds to anything. I want these charges to stop and I want a refund for all the money they have taken from me for a service they are not provided that I have not asked for!!

Apr 05, 2018

Real Times 206-674-2650 US — unauthorized credit card charges

I being garget 49.99 USD for a Produkt Real Times [protected]...-I have a apple Computer with a Backup...

Realplayer/Realtimes — Unable to download videos

My name is charles duligal i have been a real player for several years My problem is i cannot download my...

Real TimesRealplayer downloader unauthorized credit charges

I have been being charged for a nonexistent service for several months. The service real player downloader. I don't use this service at all. My connection to it has been lost due to my needing to restore my computer to it's original settings due to a viral infestation. Today's date is december 26, 2015. My email address is [protected]@yahoo.com. The charges are appearing on my capitalone mastercard account

RealtimesThe newest version

I have always loved Realplayer. However their newest version is unacceptable. I refuse to sign up for Realtimes and I will never use cloud storage. I suggest they change this so that those of us who will never use icloud can disable this feature. I decided to download an older version of realplayer with no plans of upgrading or updating just to avoid being forced to sign up for things I do not want. Get your head out of your a$$ RealNetworks or you will lose your customers. You should make signing up for anything optional.

Helpreal.comFraudulent charge and impossible to reach these people

I got email from the website www.helpreal.com. It was mentioned that I bought something from them and they told me thanks. I was surprised, ‘coz I haven’t bought from this scamming website. Of course, I tried to get these ###, but no one replied and I have no idea what to do now in order to stop any fake charges. Please, post comments and reviews about this company.

• De
            Dedo Apr 16, 2013

I do not know this company helpreal.com and did not sign up with them. In fact until I saw their charges on my checking account I did not even know they existed. I am going tomorrow to the sheriff’s office to file fraud charges.

Real Networks / RN Unlimited MoviesDirect Debit to be cancelled immediately

My name is Rachelle Dempsey. I have an account with Real Player (# [protected]) and they have been debiting money from my credit card since 2010 without my knowledge. I understand that I have accidentally subscribed to their "Unlimited Movies" service as well as another service. But I wish this now to be cancelled immediately. I have sent two emails (one on the 15th of Feb, and one on the 20th Feb) requesting that my account be cancelled immediately - I have had no response. I also tried contacting Real Player three times via their multiple twitter accounts - I have had no response.

I tried logging into my Real Player account towards the end of February and was notified that I no longer had an account, which made me believe that my subscription had been cancelled, but I've just checked my credit card statement today and seen that another debit has been made within the last few days.

Thank you for your assistance.
          Rachelle Dempsey
          email: [protected]@hotmail.com
          phone: +[protected]

RN *REALNETWORKSUnauthorised Charges on Account

I have been battling with Realnetworks for some time trying to figure out why they are charging me £8.50 per month and have been for a long time. I once took a free trial of the Realone service and of course you had to enter your payment information (this was years ago). I cancelled the trial and had confirmation of this via e-mail but I am being charged this amount by them.

They report no record of me on their systems and "cannot help". Is there anything I can do to stop this, I have no idea how much money I have lost to them but it is mounting up..

• Li
                LizSSS Feb 25, 2012

You can contact the Complex Litigation Group. They will help you and are working to stop these Real Networks' scams. Countless people like you and me have started complaining that we're being charged for hidden membership services that we never wanted. Real Networks makes it almost impossible to cancel. Just email "info at ComplexLitGroup dot com."

realplayer.comScam

Have download realplayer superpass trial version and after 4 days I deleted it from my computor which is still under its free trial period. Unfortunately my bank account was debited a monthly fee from them eventhough I have not submitted them any information.
              It is very unreasonable and strange.
              I hope someone can advise me what to do.

josephcyip May 29, 2010

have download realplayer superpass trial version and after 4 days I deleted it from my computor which is still under its free trial period. Unfortunately my bank account was debited a monthly fee from them eventhough I have not submitted them any information.
                  It is very unreasonable and strange.
                  I hope someone can advise me what to do.
                  Thank you!

josephcyip Jun 27, 2010

Formerly, I have encountered problem with Real Player and fortunately have them solved by contacting Real Customer Support: [protected]@mailca.custhelp.com
                  Their customer service deserves a credit and praise.

Rn*real.comUnsubscribe Charges

This complaint is against RN*Real.com for subscribing and charging me without my knowledge.

I did not subscribe to this program. It appears that it is an off-shoot of Real Player Plus. I want a refund of $43.29.

Concern people are requested to look into the matter immediately.

• Ga
                    Gail Duykers Oct 07, 2008

$34.98 was charged to my credit card without my authorization for some unknown product or service that I never received. I have never heard of the company and don't know what they represent, other than fraud.

• Jh
                    JHughes Jun 23, 2010

I have minimal charges pending in my checking account that I do not reconize. It is identified as ( RN*Real.com) and I do not have any knowledge of any tranaction with the address. I would apprediate a detailed explanation of what these charges are and what time they were made. I did not authorized these charges.

• Sm
                    SMinPA Oct 16, 2011

I'm not sure if your aware, but you can complete a form with your bank to challenge the charges to your bank account that you did not make or authorize. The bank will then investigate and return the deducted funds to your account. Debit/Credit card scams are costing banks nationally billions of dollars annually in identity theft. You have the right to have the bank investigate. You may have to file charges at the local State Police should your bank require a filed case number. Unfortunately, even by calling the phone number of the company that charged your account, they are not permitted to give any information due to the Privacy Act Legislation which seems to protect the scam artists rather than the persons being ripped off. They will, however, cooperate with your banking institution and/or State Police. Good luck, and do hope you get the funds returned to you. SMinPA

Real.com Online — Charged?

I never even HEARD of this nor have I even bought anything online. I have NO clue how they got my debit card...

Real Networks IncFraud

I signed up for a cable offer from Time Warner cable. To buy a wireless router, it automatically signed me up for Real Networks at a cost $0.00. After the second month of being charged $14.99 I realized that I was being charged for something I had not agreed to. Every other merchant is forced to be very clear that you are going to be charged a recurring fee. I know that there are thousands of people who have had the same experience and may not even know that they are being charged. They had a $500 million class action suit against them in '99 for privacy issues. I can't imagine how many people they have defrauded since.

• Dr
                      Drewski22 Jun 28, 2011

I use to work there as a Customer Service Representative. It's done at Time Warner Cable all the time. Things are added to people's accounts all the time. For every Starz or Showtime a rep sales $20 is put on a debit card previously given to you. I would say check your bill carefully but TWC makes it hard to do that now cause they lump things together--no more itemized billing. Also old Adelphia customers call and inquired about old codes on your account that do nothing but add monies to TWC coffers. The only time these codes are changed is when you make a change on the account, like updating or downgrading.

Rn Real.com Online (Rn Unlimited Moviesrefusal to cancel membership & stop charges

Real.com Online, the same company that sells the Real Player, has been charging me for over six months for a service called "Unlimited Movies, " which seems to be a service for downloading movies on line. I have never ordered or used this service, but somehow they got my credit card information, perhaps through a free-trial trick (though I have never had any interest in downloading movies on line and do not watch movies, and can find no record in my old e-mails of any order made to this company). I never knew I was paying monthly charges (USD$6.96) since my Hong Kong bank would not send my credit card statements out of HK, and I was in Taiwan. Then when I returned to HK I found out about the charges, and called the company [protected] is listed on the credit card bill, a Washington number). They were polite and said they would refund the recently billed charge (not yet paid at the time) and would cancel my membership. However, as in the case of the other thousands of complaints on line, they have continued to deduct the payment every month, giving me no choice but to cancel my credit card.

Real.com/isvc Internet — Unauthorized Charges

Addebit REAL.COM/ISVC INTERNET -I never subscribed to Real music subscriptions or subscriptions that you made...

Real Player Real Networks Rn Superpasspost trial charges without notification

Real networks trial is 14 days after which charges begin . However they never sent account information or notice that they had received payment of a monthly fee .I am one to stay on top of my emails as I have an ebay store.

by not notifying me of payments received they were able to continuously charge me 16.95 per month for 8 months during which time I never used their service . I only noticed that they were into me when it caused an over draft of my account after I was on work mans comp . they have separated accounting from customer service so that when complaining you cannot prove to they operator that you have not accessed the service thus backing up your not knowing that you even had the service. the operators are outsourced to India some where as all operators spoke bad English (I SPOKE TO THREE )

THIS WHOLE THING WOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENEDD IF ALL CHARGES TO EVERY ONE REQUIRED NOTIFICATION OF CHARGES AND SERVICE PERIOD TO BE SENT TO THE PAYING PARTY REGARDLESS OF PRIOR APPROVALS . THEN I WOULD HAVE KNOWN TO CANCEL AS, I HAD NO IDEA OF WHAT THE CHARGES WERE FOR UNTIL I CALLED THE NUMBER ON MY BANK STATEMENT.

THIS KIND OF BILLING IS POPULAR : TO OFFER FREE SERVICE GET YOUR CC INFO THEN BEGIN CHARGING AT THE END OF THE TRIAL PERIOD . IT TAKES ADVANTAGE OF OUR RUSHED LIFE STYLE IN A BAD ECONOMY BUT EVEN IN A GOOD ONE .
                      FOR ME 136.00 FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AND 35 FOR THE OVER DRAFT AND THAT IS HOW REAL PLAYER AND REAL NETWORKS DO BUSINESS . WHEN I GOOGLED THEM THE ENTIRE PAGE WAS COMPLAINTS LIKE MINE .

THERE NEEDS TO BE A LAW TO MAKE FREE START UP SERVICE POST YOU WHEN THEY BECOME PAYED FOR SERVICES BEFORE THE TRIAL PERIOD ENDS SO WE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO BE IN THE DARK FOR TRYING SOMETHING OUT, THE BURDEN IS ON THE PARTY CHARGING TO ASCERTAIN THEY ARE REALLY WANTED AFTER THE FREE PERIOD . AS THE NUMBER ONE BUZZ WORD TO ADD TO SALES IS FREE

Real.com/isvc — Theft

This has been taken for 2 months! This must, I repeat, must be repaid immediately! Now! # Attached:- Copy...

Rn Real.com — taking monthly Fee from my credit card

RN Real.com is where i downloaded some games from Games House Games when I purchased the games they told me...

Real.com/ivscreal.com/IVSC

I have been getting charged a ridiculous sum of money from real.com/IVSC every month. They automatically deduct it from my credit card without having ever needed their services. I want them to stop these transactions from my account immediately and I want to have a refund for each transaction they have made from my account since I have never signed anything or clicked anything that gives them authorisation to do so.

Could somebody give me advice on that? ([protected]@gmail.com)

Real Networks — Refusal to refund fraudulent charges

I discovered an unknown charge to my bank account today (September 10, 2009): 09/07/2009 Withdrawal @ RN...

REAL NETWORKS, INC. — Credit card billing

I purchased music at possibly (last fm) then they started billing me $14.99 per month on my credit card. just...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices