Continental Finance Logo

Continental Finance

Having problems with Continental Finance?

Continental Finance reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 8, 2007. The latest review Bogus Account In Collections was posted on May 3, 2020. The latest complaint fees was resolved on Oct 16, 2013. Continental Finance has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 53 reviews. Continental Finance has resolved 19 complaints.

Continental Finance Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 449 4514 (Customer Service (24/7)
+1 800 518 6142 (Payments)
+1 800 556 5678 (Lost / Stolen Card)
+1 866 665 7967 (Continental Credit Protection)
121 Continental Drive, Suite 108
Newark, Delaware
United States - 19713
Inquiries and Security Deposits
P.O. Box 8099, Newark, DE 19714-8099

Payments
P.O. Box 31292, Tampa, FL 33631-3292

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Continental Finance Customer Service. Initial Continental Finance complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Continental Finance above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Continental Finance. Discuss the issues you have had with Continental Finance and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Continental Finance Complaints & Reviews

Continental Financeharassing calls

My bill is up to date, i have the statements to prove it. i have never been late.. On thanksgiving morning, i got a call. Woke me up at about 8. i didnt pick up because i had no clue who it was. after about 4 or 5 more calls i finally answered. They said that they were from continental finance, and were trying to collect my "nearly due" payment. She said the payment was due on dec. 22, and asked if i would like to make a payment over the phone right now. I told her i dont give financial info over the phone, and that they would get there money before the due date. She said thank you have a nice day.

Since then i have been getting 10-20 calls per day. every day. The telemarketrs are threatening, and VERY rude. over this "nearly due" payment. They have been asked to stop. they claimed that they would take me off the list. But 20 minutes later. i got another call.

My thoughts are, I think they are harassing people, hoping that they will pay the card off and cancel. Because with the $250 worth of charges they apply before you even use the card.. They get people to cancel the card out, They just made $250 for doing absolutely nothing.

Another thing. i would always make my payemnt at the begining of the month. the due date is on the 22nd. And no matter if i pay it on the 1st of the month, the payment doesnt show up in my available balance until a week or 2 after the due date. And from what i have read they do this to everyone, And its usually the time that they take out any fees or charges, So that they can hit you with an over limit fee and all that crap.

These people are con artists of the lowest form and should be stopped. I will be contacting my attourney general on the matter. I have been recording the phone calls and will use their own tactics against them.

Continental Finance — scam!!!

I am filing a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against Continental Finance Credit Cards. I double paid my bill in October...

Continental Finance — rediculous cs & fraud

I applied for this card to establish credit. Even though they had these rediculous fees I was willing to...

Continental Finance Co.credit card

I received a confirmation of approval from this credit card company and when I received my card, decided I did not want to have any more credit cards at this time.I did not activate that card nor did I make any purchases.I cut the card up the moment I opened the envelope. I am being sent a bill for charges for activation and annual fees when the card was never activated.I have no way of activating the card either, as I cut it up into about a hundred pieces as soon as I received it. What course of action do I take so this will not ruin my credit?

• Ke
        Kendra Oct 28, 2008

Continental credit card was the was credit card that I ever had in my life. As the person said above I never even activated my card and they are still billing me. First of all when I applied for the credit card online I entered all of my information correctly and when I call to activate my card they customer service rep. tells me that I entered in completely different information. So supposedly they got all of my information correct and told me that I had to wait until the next morning to activate it. The next morning I call them to activate it and they tell me that they never received any calls from me from the day before (need I remind you I call called a total of three times the day before to make sure they had the correct information). Basically they were calling me a liar and I had to speak to the supervisor and yes you can already guess they were rude as hell and were literally yelling at each other and calling each other names. And there are so many other things that happened I just don't have time to write it. So if you know someone who is applying for this card PLEASE tell them not to apply.

Anthony James Wheeler Oct 16, 2007

I sent my payment on time but was still charged a late fee of $30.00. This is scam!

Beware!

Continental Finance — shameless, unapologetic thievery

Did anybody see the "Frontline" program on PBS last month entitled "Poverty, Inc."? This card is what these...

Continental Finance Master Card — rip off

I have tried to get hold of them to find out my blance and why i can't use the card..i get that the card...

Continental Finance Master Card — fraud

THESE COMPLAINTS SHOULD BE FORWARDED TO THE ATTORNEY'S GENERAL OF YOUR STATE. THEY CAN SEE THAT THIS...

Continental Financeonline scam

I received an offer for a credit card and figured why not. I Received my card and tried to activate it. To my surprise for whatever reason they had the wrong home number for me. Ok i did it while at work maybe i keyed in the wrong number on the application. I called to number to speak with a representative and she verified my information and still would not help me to activate the card.

Continental Finance Gold Mastercardcustomer service/card activation

I just wanted to say that I am a Continental finance customer, and luckily my only complaint prior to being upgraded to their gold card was that it took two weeks for them to post my payments. Even though the payment had already been taken out of my bank account, it seemed to take forever to become available on my credit card account.
        Once I received the gold card and tried to activate it I was very disappointed. I called a total of four times (during different times of the day/week) and was on hold for more than an hour each time. I was very frustrated and even calling the regular customer service number on the back of the card got me nowhere at all!!!
        I looked on this site, and found an alternative number for them. I just wanted to let everyone know that:

******IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE REACHING A REAL LIVE HUMAN BEING*****CALL [protected].

After calling that number, I was helped by a very polite woman in less than a minutes time. She activated my card for me.

Continental Fiance — fraud and misrepresentation of services

I opened an account with Continental Finance hoping to improve my credit and credit score. To make a long...

Continental Finance — phone calls

Everyday and sometimes twice a day I receive calls from this company looking for Teshia. We have no one by...

Continental Finance Mastercard — 2 1/2 months and still won't close paid off account!

I had a $300 Continental Finance Mastercard. We paid off our account and had a credit of $33.03. We...

Continental Finance Company — credit card fraud!

Do not bite! I was desperate for money, and decided to go for the Continental Finance credit card for those...

Continental Financefraud and harassment

First of all what kind of credit card company charges you to make a payment? This company has been nothing but problems. After a bad divorce, my credit like a lot of people hit the skids. I signed up for this card with the promise of outstanding customer service and rebuilding my credit. The first couple of months went fine. However I noticed that when I made my payments, they charged me EXTRA to make them! Things got worse and I lost my father and daughter in a car wreck so needless to say some things slipped my mind. Once getting back on track with bills on my own I noticed that I had neglected this credit card. I attempted to make amends and set up a payment schedule with this company. The woman, LaQuisha that I talked to on the phone said that I was full of crap and it's people like me who make her hate her job!!! I asked to speak to her supervisor and was called a deadbeat ### and hung up on. Upon calling back I got another person who did not care to hear my complaint but instead took my information. I have been making automated payments since to get this paid off but still get harassing phone calls from this company. My suggestion to anyone who is considering this card is to NOT get it. They are rude, unthoughtful people who obviously all hate their jobs.

Johnny Bravo Feb 27, 2008

First off I am sorry to hear about the accident your family members were in. No one can deny the stress it puts you under.

However, I do not know of any credit card companies, or utility companies or any other places that do not charge to make payments over the phone. If you know of any, please clue us in. Why didn't you just mail a check?

Continental Finance Co,LLCbilled incorrectly!

Attempting to repair credit rating, company advertised on Experian Credit Report, so I believed company was legitimate and applied for credit card. card sent i did not activate after reading all the terms and excessive finance charges. I was sent a bill for $250.00. I want this acct closed since i did not activate card. Continental Finance Co used name of Delaware Bank which is the only reason i trusted applying believing they were sincere and trying to help people.

annarizona Mar 26, 2015

I electronically submitted a payment for may card account on the 16th of the month. My bank card was debited for the amount. Seven days later, Continental finance called me wanting to know when I was going to pay. I gave them the confirmation number and the amount from the transaction. They insisted they did not have the payment. I checked with my bank and they told me the amount was submitted electronically and we verified the card information. The bank said it was paid electronically on the 19th and received by Continental Finance. When I tried to explain this to the customer service rep, she put the manager on the phone. He insisted that my bank was wrong. I called the bank back and they are running a check on the transaction and will have information for me tomorrow. Continental Finance has a terrible payment processing solution. I think they do this so they can charge fees. This should be illegal.

• Rl
                rluci Apr 28, 2008

I changed cell phone carriers and after i recived the card called from my new cell phone number they told me that i needed to call from the number i applied with and then they told me that there was nothing they could do and for me to Throw the card away, I spoke with several people on this matter including a manager that was rude and arrogant, i should have read the reviews befor i applied for this horrific card, i am going to file a complaint with the better business bureau.

• Cr
                Crystal Cosgrove Apr 12, 2008

They put my wrong telephone number on my account. Then customer service dude said i had to close my account an re apply. The nest day i call and woman says the manager just updated the system with my new phone number. STILL CANT ACTIVATE IT! Seriously this card is ###. If anyone has the activation number email it to me at [email protected]

• Ti
                Tiffany Mar 10, 2008

I to have a complaint, i actually paid my bill with direct pay and they still reported it to my credit report as a chargeoff, I am so outraged I didnt just pay the min. but the entire card off. Now I am contacting the betterbusiness, this is terrible you wait so long to get your finances in order and they just ruin it for you

Johnny Bravo Feb 27, 2008

The fee structure of the Continental finance MasterCard is stated at time of application and activation. It must be accepted by the consumer twice. Its not fine print, so I find it difficult to understand how it came as a shock.

Consequently, we have a 30 day closure policy that states if you do not want the card and have not used it, we will close it and remove any up front fees that were billed to the account. I would call that pretty fair.

First Bank of Delaware is our issueing bank which is why it is listed on our material.

Your account has been closed per your request

Rob

Continental Finance/Corporate office

Continental Finance — misleading information!

I started out looking on the comp. trying to find a company that would in some way help me start to regain...

Continental Finance Master Card — bills before I activate a card!

I received the card with a $300 limit and a bill the same day for $250 and I have even activated the card...

Continental Finance Mastercard — rude customer service, bogus card

This company is a rip-off and a scam!!! Their cust. service is a joke and a complete waste of time because in...

Continental Finance Mastercard — fees charges on account!

I would like to know where Continental Finance Credit Company finds the people that work for them. Ever...

Continental Finance — scam and cheating!

I filled out and application for a continental finance card,on they website the card came seven days later...