Continental Finance Logo

Continental Finance

Having problems with Continental Finance?

+1 866 449 4514 (Customer Service (24/7)
+1 800 518 6142 (Payments)
+1 800 556 5678 (Lost / Stolen Card)
+1 866 665 7967 (Continental Credit Protection)
121 Continental Drive, Suite 108

Payments
P.O. Box 31292, Tampa, FL 33631-3292

Complaints & Reviews

unauthorized payment

Please be aware of this company... On 8/17, i was given authorization from a friend to use his checking...

sent me bill for card I didn't activate

I was expressly told that if I didn't activate this card upon receipt it was null and void. I called...

credit card

i applied for a credit card and i have never even activated it and they sent me a bill for 247.00 for the...

false advertisement/dishonesty!

Last month I had a problem with this company. They sent me a bill charging me a late fee and an added fee...

unauthorized charges!

I saw the advertisement for a credit card to rebuild my credit in Ocotber 2007. After completing the application, I was not told of any account processing fee of $99.00; Program Participation Fee of $89.00; Annual Fee of $49.00; and Account maintenance fee of $10.00 before getting the card. I just received a bill in the mail from Continental Finance Company, LLC, which states that I owe $247.00 before I even got the card. I still have not received the card but yet I owe this. I even tried to call the telephone numbers on the credit bill, only to find out that I need to call other numbers. After I called the other numbers, again I cannot even talk to their Customer Service about the bill.

• Li
    Lisa Michelle Taylor Nov 13, 2007

I agree 100%!! I received my card in September 2007. I called them to activate it (had not received a bill yet). I was told that I had to give them my checking account info for automatic payment of $50.00 before they would activate my card and that I owed almost $300.00 in fees once the card was activated. I told them that I would not do that and did not want the card activated..I refused to give them my bank account info. October 7, 2007 I received an email from them saying that they had closed the account and that I no longer owed them anything since the account had never been activated. I am now RECEIVING bills and threats to be turned in to a collection agency because now they say I owe them two months plus overdraft fees. I am also getting threatening phone calls. I have contacted the company over and over and they say to throw the bills away and the phone calls will stop in a couple of weeks... so far it hasn't shown up on my credit reports but if it does I WILL SUE!!!

• Jl
    J.Leon Nov 14, 2007

I need to find out what is the appropriate regulatory agency that I need to lodge my complaint with in reference to this fraudulent Continental Finance Company, LLC Master Card. My situation is exactly the same as the first and second though I just received their card today and have NOT AND WILL NOT activate it after I saw the outrageous fees I have been charged.

WHO do I report these criminals to?

• Ap
    april May 20, 2008

are you guys serious? dont you read the terms and policies before you request an item? not to mention the activation fee is only a one time charge. Im grateful that they are here to offer someone like me with not so perfect credit a chance to repair it; which, is why I volunteered my checking account info in good faith.(which, I believe you did in order to get the card). You have got to take responsibility some day.

• Mg
    M Garcia Jun 24, 2008

In my case i did not oreder the card. I have tried diligently to reach someone in CS. I have recieved a bill with all types of fees. I did not request this card nor do i want this card. They must be out of thier minds.

Michael Garcia

ChiBuu Ly Nov 15, 2008

I receiced an E-mail from Continantal Card Web Deals on Sunday .january 06 2008 2:16 PM Subject : Would you like to get back in the game ? A Continantal Finance Card could help . untill now today I have not receid My winning prize payment. Ineed to provide me to find out what is the appropiate regulator agency that I need to loge my complaint with in reference. Thanks Lychibuu

billing after account was closed out!

To all those that have been wronged by CFC: Following is a copy of the complaint I sent to the Better...

fraud & deception!

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!

Closed account and paid payoff balance a month ago. Still getting bills with balance and late fees. The worst customer service... very rude and unprofessional.

• Je
    Jennifer HInes Nov 17, 2007

Yes this company is very bad. Isn't it funny that you cannot speak to ANYONE unless you have your card #. I was approved for this card but never rec'd it and they wouldn't even talk to me. It is just crazy.

• Ka
    Kate A. Dec 03, 2007

This is the worst credit card I have ever had, I have over 7 credit cards, and this is by far the most aggravating and upsetting one. My identity got stolen back in July, and they sold it. Because of that, I have many open cases in various states, like Nevada, and Florida. (I live in Oklahoma). I also have a freeze on my credit, so that if anyone tries to run it, or change anything on any of my accounts, they must contact me first for permission. I check my online account with Continental Finance on a regular basis, and I'm glad I do. I did not think anything peculiar with my account, but I checked and saw that my address had been changed to a Georgia Address!!! Of course, I was furious, and tried to call their Customer Service. It was a Sunday, and they are only open M-F, 8-5. So I filed police reports, etc., and called them bright and early M morning. Unfortunately, it's true, that everything is automated, I got disconnected from the automated operator 4 times because MY actual zip code did not match MY file. I finally got this GA address that it was changed to, and was able to speak to someone. Their Customer service team was very rude and acted like it was my fault. I found out that someone who has my identity called up there, said I had moved, changed my address and got sent a new card!!! All without my knowledge. I informed them I was canceling both cards I had with them because of this, and the supervisor was rude and acted like I was out of line for being so dramatic.

Bottom line-- do NOT get this card, there are many many more cards out there where you can get better customer service, and they have a better act of security (especially if you are a victim of identity theft like me!!)

-Kate
    Yukon, OK.

• Ka
    kacy christopher Jan 05, 2008

The continental finance credit card was canceled within 1 month after they stated a 30 day pay period would be fine, but they have a 25 day pay period. Calls and all attempts to solve the 1st bill late fees and the another fee because the late fee put me over my limit have been futile. Constant daily calls to my home. e-mails and general harassment from this company is pathetic,even after canceling card late fees are continued to be added to the amount. This is ridiculous. This is a scam . I need help with this from somewhere. KC

• La
    Lakeshia Mar 11, 2008

I just recieved a mastercard from them for a limit of $300.00 But, it states in the find print that after paying for annual fees my balance will only be $50.00 Is that crazy or what. So, I will have to pay $250.00 just to get $50.00. They are crazy. Where do the se people come from. I not desperate! Or You.

credit card fraud

they billed me before i ever got my card and over charged me with over limit fees within the 1st 10 days I had my card and don't have any vaild customer service phone#'s to call in about my complaints and about my account...every time I tried to use it says my card is not active..this has been a big heachae for me..please don;t let anyone else order these on line....

rebecca mcguire

• Sc
    Schelerria Renae Catchings Dec 27, 2007

On October 10, 2007, I received a call from a representative for Continental Finance regarding my credit card payment. The representative call to inform me that i need to make a payment of $395.08 to bring my account current. I asked why so much, although the minimum payment is only 50.00. The lady said my account was over the limit of $395.08 and could I make a payment today. I made a payment over the phone, she then informed me that now my balance is at $300.00 and to send a payment of 50.00 by the end of the month.

November 10, 2007, a representative called me about making a payment over the phone although my payment wasn't due until the next day. She informed me about making a payment of $29.01, well again I made the payment over the phone. Well on December 27, 2007, a rep called to say I owe them a payment of $180.00, i replied " For what!" I just made a payment. Carla, the rep informed that i missed the payment of $100.00 back in November, therefore they charged me

$30.00 late fee
    $30.00 overlimit fee
    $30.00 returned item fee

I told her that the Representative I talked with and maf=de my payment to said I only needed to pay $29.01, she said that the young lady made a mistake and that she should have told me it was $100.00 that was to be paid. Come to find out they have call centers all over the country and that the young lady who I made my payment to was in Buffalo, New York and that she is located in Texas. I informed Carla in Texas that I'm not making a payment that is attached with bogus fees due your representative giving incorrect information. i contacted customer service to make the same complaint, Tiana was her name said that I was still to make a payment of $180.00, because they were not going to remove the fees. I have contacted the Attorney General of Mississippi, because still is fraud and robbery! So, do not get a credit card with Continental Finance, their fees are outrageous and there customer service tactics are horrible.

• Do
    Donna Joy Jan 12, 2008

I totally agree and I just got my card and have yet to make my first payment. When I got my statement I had a $300.00 credit limit. I,ll admit I have past bad credit and hoped this would help correct that, but I find out they take $250.00 of that limit on my card for immediate fees and you are left with $50.00 on the card, plus you have a $50.00 payment due in 2 weeks. So basically you have nothing and with the finance charges with minimum payments I will never get this payed off. I,m thinking about just cutting the card up and sending it back to them. What other choice do I have? What would you do?

• Mi
    Micheal Gibson Feb 04, 2008

My husband wanted to get his credit score to increase so he tried getting this Continental Finance Credit card! BIG MISTAKE!!! his credit limit was 300 dollars and 250.00 in fees were charged as soon as we opened the account!!! This company is horrible. The minute you enroll they start calling you every night for payments!!!

• Je
    Jeanette Feb 15, 2008

I ordered a credit card paid my 247.00. I was unable to active the card due to my phone number being changed. I canceled the card and have not yet received my refund. I called on 9-14-2007 and was told it would be 60 days. I can now not get a live representative due to the card expiring. I have sent them 2 letters requesting my money. The card number was 5206053011250495.

• Ju
    jumpman65 Dec 10, 2012

I do agree with every comment the card is a waste of time and money am so so so sorry i applied

declining card

I ordered the credit card online. After receiving it for a $300 credit limit., and after all the fees they want to charge, I had $75 available. So, I made a $100 payment. It went through bringing my available credit to $175. I tried to use the card 3 times, and all 3 times it was declined. Now how is that possible if they took my payment, so whats wrong? I tried calling the customer service number on the back of the card, it prompt me to call another number, and after being on hold for 10 minutes. the phone hangs up... I tried this process over and over again.

• Su
    Susan Canup Nov 06, 2007

I am having same issues with continental mastercard. Was your issue resolved and if so how ?

these people don't want to help you

They do want to separate you from your money, however.

I had no problems the first three months, learned the hard way about paying with a check and then started paying with a debit card. Until two months ago, before I even tried to use it, the automated system tells me that the debit card I used prior is not valid. Uh, it worked just fine right before and five minutes after the call. Same thing with my husband's account. That way, you are forced into paying with a check, hence the seven day hold on your funds and bogus fees added.

Another new scam they have going is that when you go online to pay by check, doesn't matter what time it is, it will not allow you to schedule until the next day. In my case, the next day was a Saturday, which is not even a bank business day. They did manage, however, to report to Experian the same day, that my card was overlimit due to their fees they tacked on the same day. I did fax a letter to the Delaware AG, as well as the contact person listed on the BBB site, and I noticed that the fees were reversed and my account closed as I requested.

If you don't have great credit, but not horrible (mid 500s to low 600s), there are much better options out there..Orchard, Merrick, even Tribute Mastercard (who raised me from $300 to $1000 in one year and I have never paid a single overlimit fee/late fee, nor do I get charged for paying online).

Stay as far away from Continental Finance as you can. For the headaches, the $10 a month, and the constant autodialed "reminder" calls, they are not worth it, especially for a card you can't get cash from or use at a gas pump.

Johnny Bravo Feb 27, 2008

I'll respond to the payment hold listed in the first paragraph. Continental does have a 7 day hold on non guaranteed funds (checks) but the amount is immediately deductred from the balance on the account. You DO NOT pay finance charges on the payment while it is held, you certainly will not get a late or over-limit fee while the payment is held.

Folks, if you are going to post negative things about a company, please get your facts straight. Continental Finance has nothing to hide about there product or how it does business.

• Be
    bella1970 Jul 04, 2008

i got my renewal card. i called the number to speak to a rep to close the acct. was prompted by the phone menu to activate my new card. i did nothing and was finally told by the automated system to press a certain number to cancel the acct instead. i did that. i was not given a conf. no. or anything. i received a statement soon after w/the renewal fee. i called and got a rude woman who gave me her first name. i asked if she had an employee i.d. no. so i could atleast have someone to ref back to because by this point i can see what sort of mess i'm dealing with. i was very nice. she talked over me..any time i would open my mouth..she would try to rush me off the line. she said she can "try" to put in a request for me. i told her about the cancelling of the card and she aid.."must have been a glitch"...that's not my problem...and this shady co. isn't going to make it my problem. unfortunately, one bad divorce and my credit needed to be built up again or i wouldn't have opened this acct. i work for american express..we all have our complaints, but this co. takes the cake. i have a feeling my next call will be escalated and so on. i am fully aware of the program. i will probably end up paying more on my cell minutes trying to fix an issue that i didn't cause. all this rep kept saying is how, even if my acct is cancelled, i must still pay my balance. DUH!!! that's all she kept repeating like a robot in her sarcastic tone. for the prev person referring to the comment as "folks"...if you don't work for the company, u should. u would fit right in. if that company treats it's customers like this..i can only imagine how their employees are treated. some co. i would not be proud to defend OR work at. defending a scab co. like this one just shows any supporter's lack of integrity as a person.

• It
    Italian vixen Aug 17, 2008

I think its asham that they put all these fees on this contintial finance card how do you suppose to enjoy using the card with them putting all the fees on the card and they put those fee's on soon as you activated it and you barely can buy anything with the card $50.00 avaiable to me wtf is that going to do for me or for my bills?? Huh?{ what you gonna do with $50.00 go to mcdonalds and use it buy a meal and get a cup of coffee and the money that was avaiable to you is already just about gone}. You know why you cant buy to much with the card? BECAUSE WERE TO BUSY PAYING ON THE FEES ON THE CARD and even if you pay it in full you still cant go over $300.00 so lets say for example I paid $314.00 they will take the money accourse but put it as a credit for my next bill FOR EXAMPLE IF MY BILL IS $50.00 A MONTH IT WILL BE ONLY $30.00 FOR THAT ONE MONTH THAT I PAYED OVER MY LIMIT. I mean in my opoion your just better off using cash I mean I understand this helps your credit but the money you be paying just to have this card and to say Hey I got a credit card you mind is well get a prepaid credit card I heard that helps your credit as well because this is ridiculous and wit bad credit you cant even get a good bad credit card because all the companies label you as a liability and ppl dont want to give you and chance because they feel they dont want to lose money if they feel like that!! they shouldnt give credit cards to bad credit ppl at all becasue its not fair that as a consumer we half to pay out all this money and cant even use the benefits of the damn card you barely cant use the damn card because its only $50.00 and I laugh sometimes because im like where human we make mistakes and we learn from them and when we get another chance we fix the problem and not do the wrong again but in there eyes there like nope its are way are NO WAY thats it you want are card and benefits you gotta pay us all out first . Creditors treat ppl with bad credit really bad and its asham because things happen in the life where you might just cant pay and thats when the calls starts and being hasseled into court ( CAPITAL ONE )its wrong how they treat us as ppl but imma have the last laugh at the end and I did a test I just wanted to see can I overdraft and I tried to overdraft by a quarter you know the card said DENIED im like wtf is this prepaid card are something?? its only a freaking quarter smh I cant wait to get my credit back on track because I got something for these ppl they make me so angry literlaly just how they treat ppl who barely making who works so hard to make a living and they not even trying to work with them. REVENGE IS MINES just site back and watch because when my credit get right they gonna be on my ### sending me applications for award cards and everything and imma simply be like NOPE because when I was down and out they wouldnt even look at me but now that im back and free of debit now you wanna come crawling back na you good lol but just alil advice to ppl who wants to apply for this contintial finance card DONT DO IT YOU WILL REGRET IT beleave me your making a big huge mistake!!!

• Ba
    Bambam Feb 17, 2009

This credit card scam needs to be stopped. Just wanting people to know not to apply for a Continental Finance Card. I pay my bills and have good credit so I am trying to report them to people and bureau's so they can warn people. A company like this plays with their grace periods so they can charge you a late fee, and charge you for paying by phone or online. Just beware of using their creidt cards-cause all it can do is hurt your credit.

• Ba
    Bambam Feb 17, 2009

Just want everyone to read these complaits before applying or using this bank. DO NOT USE A CONTINENTAL FINANCE MASTERCARD- THEY ARE SCAMMERS. What people are saying about this company is so true. Don't use them.

poor service!

I recently am a new customer with Continental Finance Company and they took an ACH payment out of my bank account 4 days prior to when I scheduled it for. They charged me a $30.00 check return fee, a $30.00 over balance fee, and a $30.00 late fee.

There is no reason a company should ever pull money from an account prior to the authorized date.

• Sh
    Sherri Oct 09, 2007

I have no doubt that what you say is true. They do not want you to pay on time (despite the incessant calls starting ten days before) and they certainly don't want you to pay it off. I wrote a review elsewhere that all of a sudden my debit card isn't "valid" (even before I tried to input a payment)..never mind I had used it just before and just after the call to CF..successfully, I might add.

This company is a total rip-off, which is a shame, as I have had great luck with other First Bank of Delaware credit products.

cheryll Jan 31, 2008

They got into my checking account before payment date also. Did not authorise this. Also sent payment with money order and they still took money out of account. Called to cancel card. Extremely rude. Could not get a confirmation on cancellation. Balances do not match my records. This company needs to be reported to Attorney General Office. Does anyone care? How does someone fight back?

• Rj
    RJS Aug 18, 2008

I TOO RECENTLY WAS APPROVED FOR A CONTINENTAL FINANCE CREDIT CARD NEVER RECEIVED IT AND NOW THEY WON'T ANSWER MY CALL IT GOES TO A DIGITAL RECORDING AND THEN HANGS UP

card never received!

I applied for a card almost 3 weeks ago and was approved. I have not yet received my card yet. I have tried...

Resolved fraud & cheating!

I ordered Continental Master Card on line on December 8,2006 and received the card shortly thereafter. I...