Consumers Energy / Illegally turned service in my name

Consumers Energy
On August of 2007 I sold my property, I received a shut off notice for the address I no longer reside at due to property sold. Received notice on 2/4/2009. Almost 2 years later. October of 2008, Consumers Energy informed me who request the service to be shut on, the actual owners that purchased my property.

For Consumers to place this in my name knowing and has record of who placed this order. That should not have occured, my name is different from whom placed the call. I'm below poverty level and this bill is not my responsibility. I had to fax over documents indicating the property was sold in 2007, is quite suspecious on how the bill arrived to me in 2009.

Customer service wait time is poor, I submitted the documents to a Stephaine, spoke with her on 2-5-09 after faxing the documents on 2-4-09. indicated they are to busy to review the documents and will get back with me in a week. For information as this, that should have been reviewed right away. I cannot afford an $190.00 bill and have my own bill for my correct resident for $189.00.

This was illegal transaction on Consumers Energy behalf and actions should be taken against this. This has been happening to innocent residents for a long time, it's unfair have this to happen.

N  11th of May, 2009 by
There is only one source To receive Electric and Gas to my new home and its Consumers. How can you tell Me I cannot Get service when i have never in my 35 years of life had service threw you? I have a 14 and 11 year old living with me and your telling me I am responsible for a bill from my Wife that had the service on before we were married at a different address and we are not both on the Lease therefore how is it that i have to pay her bill before service is on? I can't access her bank accounts, I can't access her accounts anywhere so how am i responsible to pay them?

You tell me to get a Notarized copy of lease and come in person i did. You call me 4 days later telling me thats not good enough now.

I don't see how this is Legal?

Consumers Energy Logo Consumers Energy