Consumers Energy / Illegally turned service in my name
On August of 2007 I sold my property, I received a shut off notice for the address I no longer reside at due to property sold. Received notice on 2/4/2009. Almost 2 years later. October of 2008, Consumers Energy informed me who request the service to be shut on, the actual owners that purchased my property.
For Consumers to place this in my name knowing and has record of who placed this order. That should not have occured, my name is different from whom placed the call. I'm below poverty level and this bill is not my responsibility. I had to fax over documents indicating the property was sold in 2007, is quite suspecious on how the bill arrived to me in 2009.
Customer service wait time is poor, I submitted the documents to a Stephaine, spoke with her on 2-5-09 after faxing the documents on 2-4-09. indicated they are to busy to review the documents and will get back with me in a week. For information as this, that should have been reviewed right away. I cannot afford an $190.00 bill and have my own bill for my correct resident for $189.00.
This was illegal transaction on Consumers Energy behalf and actions should be taken against this. This has been happening to innocent residents for a long time, it's unfair have this to happen.
More Consumers Energy Complaints & Reviews
- Consumers Energy - Put unpaid sons gas bill on mine 
- Consumers Energy - State of mi energy draft
- Consumers Energy - meter move out 
- Consumers Energy - Paying for Someone Elses Use 
- Consumers Energy - Budget Plan Scam 
- Consumers Energy - restoring service
- Consumers Energy - appliance service plan 
- Consumers Energy - gas service/customer service
- Consumers Energy - bill
- Consumers Energy - I am disabled and waiting on help