Conns / scam and fake!

I bought my television @ conns on January 2008, I received the television about 3 days after. Within a week the tv started turning off on me, I called Conns they sent someone out about a week after someone came out and said they will order the part and as soon as they had it they will come out to install it. Someone came out finally, but brought the wrong part, so they reschedule until a week after someone came out during this period I still had to give the first payment for a non working brand new tv. Anyway they came out the second time and they said the fixed it but after 30min the tech left the tv was once again a non working tv. I am tired of this, I bought a new tv, because I had the very same problem with my other tv's, you go to a store to buy something new not to come to your house and have the very same problem and then some. If anyone knows what can I do? Please tell me!

Comments

Ci
  17th of Mar, 2008

Conn's is the worst place to buy. They lie and do not tell people
that they have a 10 day return policy on tv's. We bought a Samsung LNT 4071F 40" . 2 weeks later we starting have problems with it. They did nothing!!! They are exactly what their name stands for CONN'S. Do not buy from there. Pay the extra dollars and buy elsewhere. We continue to fight with them and their Customer Service is the worst I have ever seen. We yell everyone we know not ;to buy from there. They sell nothing but defective products. Buyer's beware.

Jo
  11th of Sep, 2008

let me guess the op's was samsung tv also, there is an issue with samsungs that makes them turn off randomly, there is a easy fix for this that takes all of 2 mins, goto samsung website click on support then look up you model download the firmware update, copy it to a usb key insert it into the tv, when it asks for auto deny it and select update 10 secs later the tv will reboot and its fixed. I found this in less than 10 secs googling the issue. I am also buying samung 67" dlp, i know the starting firmware will be outdated so ive already downlaoded the firmware so when i get the tv ill be ready to update it 1st thing. you also could have called the manufactuer 1st they would have directed you to do this. use common sense instead of blaiming a retailer.

De
  21st of Jan, 2009

I have found the customer service at Conn's nothing short of exemplary. Over the last 20 years I have purchased a stove, a refrigerator, multiple televisions, multiple window air conditioning units, multiple GPS units, front load steam laundry pair, top load dryer, an unlocked cell phone, computer accessories and many other items.

The few times I have needed service from Conn's they have been nothing but professional with prompt courteous service.
When I read these negative comments if I can only assume that you must've met with someone who was not yet fully acquainted with the company-wide commitment to quality

Conn's has been in Southeast Texas for like 100 years. Locally everyone I know believes that Conn's offers quality products with terrific customer service all in prices that are hard to beat.