Compass Bank / unfair practices/NSF
I have a small trucking company and I have accounts with Compass Bank, one for payroll and one for operating (daily expenses). I make deposits regularly and transfer funds between these accounts as needed. If you deposit monies in your account, before closing, to cover items that are sent out they will tally at the end of the day and take the debits before the credits and charge you the NSF charges even though you deposited the money the same day. Today, I just was charged $250.00 in NSF because I transfered funds to cover payroll checks on the 28th, 3 checks hit on the 28th, they charged me, then on the 29th they charged me 4 more charges because the checks were deposited on the 28th at different banks by my employees, did not clear my bank till 29th, I had ample monies to cover the checks, because I made that transfer on the 28th and it was posted on the 28th, they did not have to pay these items until they got to my bank on the 29th, however they charged my account NSF charges. Better yet, there was never any charge pending prior to that under their pending charges block on the online banking page. This is Robbery!
And something needs to be done about this.
More Compass Bank Complaints & Reviews
- BBVA Compass Bank - FROZEN ACCOUNT 
- BBVA Compass Bank - Non-sufficient Funds Charges 
- Compass Bank - Holding deposits to generate NSF fees 
- BBVA Compass Bank - Excessive NSF fee 
- Compass Bank - Vehicle Loan - Crooked business! 
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - poor customer service and bad practices
- BBVA Compass - my cd account
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - atm
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - my checking account/debit card
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - terrible compatibility with intuit mint