Having problems with BBVA?

BBVA Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 266 7277 (Customer Service)
+1 800 239 5175 (Credit Card)
+1 800 239 1996 (Loan and Automated Loan Payoff)
+1 888 853 6346 (New Mortgage and Home Loans)
+1 800 273 1057 (Online and Mobile Banking)
+1 866 342 2512 (International (Mexico)
15 20th St. S Ste 1501
Thu7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with BBVA Customer Service. Initial BBVA complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for BBVA above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about BBVA. Discuss the issues you have had with BBVA and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Bbva compass bankWORST of the WORST!!!!

This bank is the worst bank that I've ever had to deal with!!! I pray my husband can help me refinancing my car, and get the heck away from this bank. I will never recommend this bank to anyone of my family, or not even my enemies. They have a guy name Lewis that works for the company and he's a rude as*!! Lewis told me my address was not correct, so I repeated to him again, and he still saying that they have a different address on file. I called back and told the other representative what had occur, and when he ask me for the address...he was like, that's what we have. I'm sick of BBVA and I will NEVER do busy with them again!!

BBVAOnline banking

I m stuck outside of Mexico due to covid travel restrictions. The bank token has run out of battery and it is impossible to log in to my account. Phone operators are completely unhelpful and I have no way of knowing what's going on with my accounts I have banked in several countries and I can safely say that the customer service of BBVA Mexico is the absolute worst.

BBVA CompassBanking Accounts and Service

During Covid 19 as flights had been said to be cancelled I flew home to the UK, The BBVA blocked my account without warning and then for 6 months I have called and tweeted them trying to resolve this issue and nothing,
      No assistance, kept hanging up after 56 mins on hold,
      No attempt to help
      WORST BANK IN USA
      Do not use it is just a pain and non helping bank,
      Was a customer for years and then they blocked me for receiving my last payment and even though i was travelling and had a savings account i could touch neither,

Scott

Nov 28, 2020

BBVA — Froze my account

November 27th, 2020 I received email saying i've been opted out of mobile and online banking. I called...

Oct 13, 2020

BBVA — Customer service / escalation

My experience with BBVA over the last few months has been a nightmare. I could never, ever recommend thi...

BBVAHome loan

Steven Dye I can tell you that they are the worst home loan provider I have encountered in my 20 years as a real estate broker in Texas. Total lack of communication, responsiveness or delivering on what they promised. Good as gold buyer but an awful lending team.

We were supposed to close on July 31, 2020. Then August 10, 2020. Now August 13, 2020 and still no clear to close. They are a total embarrassment to the industry.

BBVA | Creating Opportunities
        Weston Centre - 112 E Pecan Street, San Antonio, Texas 78205
        Apply online at https://bbva.besmartee.com/app/signup/p/bbvacompass/Lyznaga
        For assistance, please contact Leah Thomsen at [protected] or Leah.Tho

Aug 11, 2020

BBVA Bank — Overdraft protection and the bank posting misleading bank balances to incur overdraft fees

I opened a checking account with BBVA last year. Right away I began noticing how their online account...

BBVA BankAuto loan

Had a car loan with them. Paid it off because I was selling the vehicle. They told me it would take 10 business days to clear the transaction (it was immediate via electronic) and was out of my account that day. But still took the ten days anyway.

Then they said they would mail the title to me after that time. Two weeks later, 5 phone calls to their call center (in columbia) and still no title! Has now been over a month from the day I paid the loan off, no tracking number to find my title, no title, no way to get a replacement because they wont send me a lien letter to I can apply for a new one grrrrrrrrrrr!!! Of course my buyer got tired of waiting and now here I sit. I have had other auto loans with other banks, paid it off, got the title immediately, literally the same day, but not bbva, worst banking experience ever and i'm 62 years old with lots of banking interaction!

Do not do business with this company!!! If I could give less that a 1 I would!

• Vr
              V Richardson Jan 21, 2021

This bank is the worst of them all!!!

BBVAAch transfer

I tried to do 2 ach transfers totaling $337000. After 5 days the transfer still had not been made and the money was gone from my checking account.

It's been 7 days and the money still has not been returned to me. After spending over 22 hours getting the run around in customer Service and the wire department - still no refund. They promised a refund last Friday. Still nothing. It's a huge amount of money. And I have no idea if I will get my money refunded. They provided no explanation of why the money was kept.

This bank could be in financial trouble because likely they have issues keeping up their reserve ratios and they it's the end of the quarter and all the financial reporting needs to be done by June 30. If they don't have the right numbers at the end of the quarter they could be in a lot of trouble.

THIS BANK IS BAD!!!

Jun 27, 2020

BBVA — Certificate of deposit

DO NOT bank with BBVA. See sequence of my experience with them - 1.) On June 13, 2019, I opened a 1-year CD...

Feb 06, 2020

BBVA Bank — auto loan

Back in november I got my car stolen, I called the bank 2 days letter to notify the bank, adviced by my...

Dec 04, 2019

BBVA Bank — unauthorized opening of credit card and use.

There was a credit card opened in my name ending in account # [protected] credit card ending in # 5879 I made...

Bbva compass bankaccount

Jerry cedillo is a bery bad costumer service can not help about the issue i had about my account. I deposit a check in friday and their sistem say i deposit the check on Saturday i can be posible now my account is overdraft and i have no money with me at all. The money is in hold and have no access to it and the banker has ko idea were the money is at that really unprofessional

Nov 09, 2019

BBVA Bank — equity loan

no more trust.thank for helping the fist time with 20.000 i paid all my credit card off to get a equit...

BBVA Bankall of bbva

I give bbva compass 💩💩💩💩💩 for being the worst bank that has ever existed. Customer service is rude, they hang up on you, they say that you are cursing at them when your not. just so they can say that's why they hung up on you. They post payments to the account then go and reverse the charges saying that is when the payment posted and reverse all the other payments that have already posted. Then reaply all the payments back cause you to be charge NSF after NSF. Leaving you to drown when other bills need to be paid but now cant pay them cause your in the negative. they say they post payments in real time but when it comes to deposits they will not post that in real time. WHY? so they can charge you more nsf fees. Why hasn't bbva been investigated after reading bad review after bad review. why isnt anyone looking after the small people like us who are being robbed. I have never dealt with a bank who is just self center on themselves and care about how much money they can rob from people like us. I will make sure more reviews get written and hopefully one day bbva Compass will go down for doing wrong to their customers. The only reason you are getting a star is cause I have to put one. But bbva compass you deserve 💩💩💩💩💩.

BBVA Bankpersonal loan

We were told that our payoff amount would be $23, 659.00 - we sent them a check for that amount. Now they are claiming that we did not call for a payout and the amount we sent was not for the exact amount. They processed our payment as regular payment and say we owe $1, 232.48 and our next payment is due Aug. 8, 2022. When speaking to them on the phone I expected maybe a $100 or $200 and asked for an exact payoff today and was given the amount of $1, 302.24. There is something not right here and I am not getting anywhere talking to them. Can someone help?

personal loan

Sep 21, 2019

BBVA Bank — credit card "offers" that are in fact trolls looking for personal information

BBVA sends so-called "pre-approved" credit card solicitations and when the potential customer tries to apply...

BBVA Bankmortgage escrow

I received my Homeowner's Insurance renewal notice 30 days before renewal date of 09/05/19 and saw that my premium had risen to a point where I knew it was time to shop for a new Insurance company. I contacted my insurance agent who told me to tell my lender, BBVA Compass, not to pay the renewal until I had a binder from a different company. I did this, and was told by BBVA Compass that I had until a week before the renewal to shop. Once I had the binder, two weeks before renewal, I had seen on my online banking screen that BBVA Compass paid the renewal immediately after I called two weeks prior. My agent is now having to jump through hoops to get the actual policy paid and refund the difference of premium back to my escrow account before my next billing cycle.

Aug 05, 2019

BBVA Bank — employee & customer service

The employees at the branch located off Union Blvd and Dublin in Colorado Springs, Colorado confronted one of...

Jul 23, 2019

BBVA Bank — poor staff bad attitude

Over a 30 min wait in the drive through line and I was the only car there. Watched through my the window and...