Menu
BBVA
reviews & complaints

BBVA
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

165 complaints
52 resolved 113 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of BBVA. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
B
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Tried to deposit a check through mobile app It was denied because made out to me and spouse. Spouse not on the account. Called customer service they suggested calling local bank. Local bank transferred me back to call center. Was told go to bank and that wouldn't need my spouse present. At bank door was locked at 4:00pm. Explained situation to assistant...

A
7:56 am

BBVA - Investment fraud

Bancomer made false statements to CONDUSEF which can be considered a fraud. If you internalize in the analysis of the account and compare them with the statements of Bancomer you will see that they lied on the dates of operation to sell me pains in favor of the bank and then tried to cover their shares with altered, repeated, or missing monthly statements.

Desired outcome: return the money

S
12:50 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

August 31 2021 a refund from the merchant Collins Credit in the amount of $500 was sent to my debit card account ending in 5158. This amount pended until September 8, 2021, the payment never posted to my account nor did it return to the merchant. I spoke with customer service and was told that the hold was released and the payment dropped. The same happened...

P
3:22 pm

BBVA - Paper statement fee !!!!

I barely opened this ONLINE checking account- with BBVA.
checking acct #: 6796115783

As it is an online service- the average intellectual will always assume, I can see statements online as well.

To my shock & dismay, I received a paper statement showing $6.00- deducted for sending me a paper statement- which i had never requested nor was I ever asked for an option.

with $25 in this checking account- I called bbva customer service today 8/28/21, which was outsourced to another country, spoke to 2 different cust svce reps- who could not help me, after asking me 20 questions!

They asked me to contact pnc Bank, who told me- their merger isnt final- and cannot help me.! ?

The $6 needed to be refunded to my account- asap.

And, after reading all the disastrous reviews, I have buyer's remorse- I may just close this account forever, after receiving the $6.00 refunded back!

Dolly Shukla
e-mail: [email protected]

Desired outcome: $6.00 refunded back to my account asap

J
9:19 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

So on august 3, 2021 I go to the desoto texas branch of bbva compass bank where I opened my business checking account about 4 or 5 years ago to do a withdrawal of $20, 000. I went inside the bank wasn't alot of people inside with there never is, so I spoke to the lady she spoke back and I said I would like to withdraw $20, 000. At that moment she just...

1:47 am

BBVA - Banking account

I open an online account in February 2021 I asked for it to be online banking only no debit card sent in the mail they send a debit card in the mail anyway I was not at the address that's reason why I asked for online banking I left the country Mexico I was in his online banking to transfer funds to Mexico so I can get my funds online banking whoever got the debit card activated it took almost $1, 300 for me I called the bank they cancel the car right away but in a Centinela cartel has a major is I see it on online banking and I'm a dispute this file the claim and within 24 hours investigated but not the claim and the reason for denial was it was not fraud or unauthorized transaction and I'm not as unauthorized transactions I did not give information to make a withdrawal at the ATM I have proof documenting where I am how long I've been here in Mexico and that I left before the dark or even arrived I send the proof to the email for the investigator and still he denied it and within 24 hours they are stealing my money they won't replace it and they called me a liar very very bad baking business very bad customer service and the customer someone stole my money and they don't even want to stand behind the Visa logo that I can be safe with my money in there hands because I'm not I will attach proof I have reciets where I'm in a store here the same time the transaction was being made the bank mow has me 187 negative becaue of the nsf charges and returned items they supposed to honor 5 days after denied they did not do that and I was a credit and they took it back amd did not notify me of that so I though I had money jn the account t when the ills came in they took the credit right before they posted the bills that came in electronic

Desired outcome: I want my money to be replaced 1300 and an apologize

D
4:40 pm

BBVA - Safety security box

Hello I let y'all know some went in and to my security box illegal twice at 416 S Stanton St Suite 100, El Paso, TX 79901. My box number is 1 my name Darnell G Owens of 119 W Nevada Ave Apt 41 El Paso TX 79902. My wanted fugitive mother Joyce Cleo Owens and her fake cop ex veteran brother Lawrence Lee Davis who loves to flashing fake law enforcement badges are being behind this or one there friends. Please email or mail the complaint forms . I also call contact the Texas states Attorney General. Please the wanted fugitives love call places thousands of times trying stop and cancel my complaints claiming to be me over the phone or write Letters using my stolen identification cards one from 292 North St Pittsfield Massachusetts another from 511 Akard St Dallas TX

Desired outcome: Have the people who did it prosecute for brake in to my apartment with my spare keys that were in my safety security box

H

BBVA - Debit card and customer service

My credit/debit card was to expire at the end of 7/21. When I had not received a replacement. I called multiple times trying to get a new card mailed to me. After several calls I finally got a hold of an agent who seemed to know what she was doing... wrong! On 7/23 she promised to have a card overnighted with the fee waived. Wrong again! The next day I had $55 taken out of my account, had my current card cancelled and I still have no card. This made things extremely difficult for me. I was hung up on by the supervisor, Nicolas Salinas and had one agent pretend he couldn't hear me. I've had agents send me to the wrong department 3 times. In addition, I had difficulty understanding nearly all of the people I spoke with.
This experience has so disgusted me that I am closing both my accounts at your bank and moving to another bank. How sad your establishment has gone so badly downhill.
Judith A. Schmidt
[email protected]
214-663-6435

Desired outcome: Explanation of such mediocrity

L
12:59 am

BBVA - Frozen account

On 6/23/2021 LLC account was opened, at such specified date documentation was provided with registration and certification of ownership.
On 7/19/2021 deposit was received and shortly after account was frozen stating that account needed again to be reviewed for ownership and documentation once again requested.

Desired outcome: Would like matter resolved accordingly without further delay as this is interfering in my business.

L
7:29 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi, On 6-19-21 I transferred $1000 from my paypal acct to deposit into another paypal acct-Gloomthread the withdrawal via my BBVA acct 9453 (Gloomthread is my sons acct so he refunded that money and advised I should send it as family and friends. So I sent $1000 a 2nd time and it also went through same day, however, the 1st $1000 didn't get refunded into my...

F
2:51 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I live in other country, and my account was frozen in June 8 I call 25 times in 1 month, send at least 15 emails. No body solved me anything, the waiting time in the calls were for 60-90 minutes. I decide to fly Houston to solve the problem cause that money is for a familiar vacation with my kids to disneyland. I was saving over 3 years. I went to the...

4:13 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had an account with Simple I hadn't used in years, it had $4 dollars in it. Only had it to send my son money when he needed it and because it was completely online. No going in the bank or sitting in the phone required ever. Would never had opened the account had I needed to make 1 phone call. I did eventually request to close the account a few times in...

R
12:28 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Ive been having multiple problems at this location. Last month they told me a check ive been cashing for years "looks irregular" and they wouldnt cash it. Today they tried to tell me that my checks were too much and too little in my account so they wouldnt cash. Meanwhile a branch across the city did it 15 mins later no problem. Unacceptable and not trained employees who were rude and did not communicate effectively

V
8:20 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Well I was a new customer to bbva bank I came in advertising for people to open up a checking account so I decided to join them and it was the worst mistake of my life when I join i'll call customer service and ask them if they can help me set up my online account that I can add my external account and transfer my money from my mortgage one of the customer...

6:59 pm

BBVA - Business banking

I have been a customer with BBVA banking for over 2 years. As a business customer I needed a bank verification letter as protocol for our payer source in order for them to verify our banking information in order to pay us.

I went to the location 3 times and got the letter but by the time we recieved the letter in the right format our payer had stopped payments awaiting this. Our is just getting out of the covid hard times and so we were very low on operating cash.

By the time the issue with the payer got resolved BBVA on the other had froze our account as they had received afew transaction that were returned ( knowing the nature of the situation some flexibility would have been appreciated).

I kept going to the bank and calling their fraud team but got no answer meanwhile our payer kept on sending eft's to the account that would be rejected.

This has put our company in a very bad position our employees their families haven't been paid neither have our vendors.

We have begged pleaded with them to unfreeze the account but getting no answer in return.

Our funds are there but we cannot get to them.

V
2:48 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I tried to resolve my checking account issue with bbva bank customer service which I feel was very inconsiderate of my situation and has done nothing to help me at this point I feel like i'm going to have to escalate this into a lawsuit matter my money was taken from my checking account and customer service is going to tell me that there is nothing that...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

To whom this may concern, I'm Kelbe Davis and I corresponded with you via email a few months ago. I'm reaching out to you today, because I am having the absolute worst time dealing with bbva. My situation is pretty simple but for the last year it has become my worst nightmare. First for some reason my account gets hacked and instead of bbva making thing...

T
5:13 pm

BBVA - Balance transfers

I have a credit card BBVA account I requested for Balance Transfer on March 8-2021, until now Arpil-27-2021 BBVA bank haven't transfer .I called 4 times about my request, I remember the 3nd I called the lady on the phone she told me that (It'll be closing on April 25-2021 )she said she is sure, until today April 27-2021 I checked my BBVA account again, they didn't do anything . another credit card bank they charged my interest 50 $ i had to paid . BBVA is killing customer, this is my last called them if they can't do it I'll use another bank for Balance Transfer .This is first time using this BBVA bank and my last time .I felt like they don't have any responsible, they don't care customer. They could transfer or not, at least let customer know that .what's going on! they don't contact me or call let customer know. I hope the Bank Manager could hear this. I just give 1 star in this BBVA bank company, I feel really disappointed with this BBVA bank .

S
7:03 am

BBVA - Trynig to get Credit Card Replaced or unblocked

I reported a suspicious transaction on my BBVA Visa card on or about march 20 2021. I called the credit card customer service department the the representative disabled my card and said a new card would be issued. Yesterday April 13 i called the dept back because I had not received my new card. She stated something about fraud and gave me the number to the fraud department. I called this number 1-844-243-6210 and was put on hold. I gave up after 90 mins and called my Bank and explained the situation to her she in turn puts me on hold and then some other man came on that I could barely understand and I had to explain it all again he asked what did I want I said either my card unblocked or a new one issued. He said I had to contact the fraud dept which I once again explained I did and was in hold for 90 min. He states he would call the dept and call me back. I have yet to receive a call back. I have been a customer of BBVA for over !5 years and have overall been happy with my service. Please contact me with a resolution below is my Phone # and email address

Steven R. Reynolds
1-409-504-5627
Email: [email protected]

Desired outcome: unblocked card or new one issued

J
5:41 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was automatically called about possible fraud on my account. The person took care of the situation but I still have an amount of 4.95 that has not been taken care of. Also I was told I would recieve a new card in 5 to 7 days and it has been 21 days and yet to see my card. Customer service is a joke I even had a lady laughing at my stuation which is not...

BBVA contacts