Clickbank.com / Online fraud

1 Boise, ID, United States Review updated:

I am fairly new to online downloading and purchases. i wanted to download Limewire to my computer, since I'd purchased an MP3 player for my son. I wanted him to be able to download music to it. As I was trying to do so, up pops this message stating for $ 49.90, iI could have 'lifetime unlimited access 'to download music and video. So, I say 'OK' and click 'yes'. Then in jumps Clickbank, I give them my info and make the payment. They direct me to something called members area and give me a username and password, which were unusable. Nothing happened when I tried to use those numbers. I later found out from more computer savvy friends that Limewire is a FREE service. When I checked out 'the [redacted]' site, I found out this was a common practice by Clickbank. I e-mailed several rather nastily worded, yet polite, emails to support@thememberarea. After 2 or 3 e-mails, clickbank sent me an e-mail telling me how to get a refund. I got an e-mail today saying my $ 49.90 would be returned. i haven't checked my bank account yet today, but of course it may take ' up to 5 business days' to return the money. it took them like, 30 seconds to take the money, but I'll have to wait 5 days to get it back. What I have learned is READ things closely before you press'yes' or 'ok'. These outside companies somehow access legitimate sites and steal from you. I was lucky. They 'say' they will give me back my money. others haven't been so fortunate. Will update, If the cash doesn't 'reappear'.

Ma

Comments

• Ho
      6th of Dec, 2009

termination account of oder number JS5K5HE4 instantly.

• Ro
      28th of Jan, 2016

rodger adair swen10@yahoo.com. This is my third email to clickbank so far no reply. About 5 weeks ago i paid $59 for a download for ED . but becaue of the fact that when i ordred your advertising swamped the screen and i couldnt find out how to pay. . When i did pay using paypal i couldnt find out where to download. I inadvertantly paid again . still no download. Could you please remit to my paypal a/c the econd payment and make avaiable the download. . It really stinks to have to tell you about the problem so much.. I will tell the Choice Magazine and put it on facebook and twitter if I dont here back soon.

Rodger Adair