Classmates.com / scam artists

This company made an unauthorized debit to my ckg account. The most infuriating aspect of this whole thing was spending half an hour trying to find a phone number or even a working email to contact them on their site. There is a place to email them, but when you try you get an 'oops, sorry no page'. They are scam artists.

I will join any class action suit. Losing $39 is not the point. having it stolen from me is.

Apparently, I'm just one of many. They need to be put out of business.

Ed

Comments

• Ge
      6th of Oct, 2009

think classmates is the bigest rip-off every

• Sn
      3rd of Jul, 2010

Classmates got me for 59.00. The money was taken from my checkng account because my wife was listed as a secondary on it. She cancelled her membership to classmates over four years ago. When she recently called about the charge she was told by a representative that she did not cancel the membership for life.
    Classmates has the practice of archiving peoples information then waitng for some time to go by just to reactivate membership without the person's knowledge. By the time you discover that you have been taken it is too late. They refuse to refund your money and tell you they will once again cancel your membership.
    The worst part is the 59.00 charge was forwarded from and old debit card on an account that had been closed for over a year. Anyone reading this better check with your bank because according to my bank (Charter One) auto withdrawls will be forwarded to another account even if they were not set up by the account holder. Just because it is closed does not make it inactive or safe.
    I just hope that classmates goes out of business soon so no one else will get taken or fall victim to their scams.
    Walter