Classmates / fraud

1 CA, United States Review updated:

They are giving unauthorized credit card information to ap9*privacyprotection. After signing up for "gold" membership on this site, I got a pop up for a free credit check and a $100 gift card for canadian tire. I did not sign up for this service. I closed the pop up because I was not interested. Somehow they got my credit card information. After talking to "andy" at privacy protection, I was informed that classmates gave them the credit card information. So much for their secure site. Whatever you do, do not sign up for "gold" membership on classmates. You are getting more than gold membership! You are gaining an unauthorized credit card bill!

Comments

• St
      22nd of Mar, 2009

GOT RIPPED OFF TO $40.00
    Thanks Class mates I have kids to feed!! How do you sleep at night. Remember what goes around comes around!!

• Cl
      26th of Mar, 2009

Todays Date:03/26/09 I signed up for some free trial anyways I had got a debit of $12.99 taken out of my bank acct. from a company TLG*GREATFN59135057 1800-290-8603 OR ENDING NUMBERS 7625 OR 9041 Well I did'nt evan have $12.99 in my acct. I didn't understand. I didn't know what that charge was for I've never heard of that and then my bank also charged me $27.50 for insuffient funds. So I called the number that was givin to me on my bank statement about the $12.99 charge and got a hold of a lady there and I asked her what was the company I was calling and told her what had happened she did take the charge off but only just the charge my bank said that they were responsible for the insuffient funds as well I had my bank type up a letter and had it notorized. The next day I was preparing to do my taxes and I was going through my all my oldbank statements and apparently this CLASSMATES ONLINE INC 1-425-917-5000 had been taking out every month $12.99 since 12/26/07 plus I was charged twice in two of those month $15.00 by a different company name. ALL AND ALL THEY STOLE $239.36 I have all my statments now and this will NOT be the end of ME..I will fight this!!! Here's an ADDRESS I got from TLG people: ATTN:EXECUTIVE SUPPORT, P.O.BOX, 6100 WESTERVILLE, OHIO, 43086 I hope this helps anyone thats been screwed by this company...

• Am
      15th of Jan, 2010

When I joined classmates I unknowingly joined Privacy Matters123 they took 39.90 from me. When I contacted Classmates they said I took advantage of a free trial. Well if it was free then why was 39.90 stolen from my account. Isnt there some law where online companies disclose who their in bed with. Dont join Classmates.