Classmates / unauthorized charge
Fraud of the decade: after having a free classmates membership for a year, classmates offered me a special one-year gold membership for $19. I accepted but after a few months I realized that the information on the site was stale and I planned to let my membership lapse. Classmates had other ideas, however.
Without my knowledge or authorization, they billed my paypal account $39 for an annual subscription. I emailed classmates a half-dozen times and each time they responded with the same "canned" email: they were sorry that I canceled my membership but I should continue to enjoy the service for the next year —
In other words, "screw you, sucker!"
I filed a complaint with paypal but they dismissed my claim for an absurd reason that was pure double talk and had nothing to do with unauthorized use of my account.
I wrote my state attorney general's office asking them to investigate classmates. This company must be put out of business.
More Classmates Complaints & Reviews
- Classmates / Memory Lane - Unauthorized membership billing 
- Classmates.com - renewal fees deduction automatic without approval 
- Classmates.com - personals on home page
- Classmates - unauthorized billing 
- Classmates.com - billing 
- Classmates - unauthorized billing / classmates.com
- Classmates.com - unauthorized credit card charges
- Classmates - unable to cancel 
- Classmates.com - charges for membership 
- Classmates.com - unauthorized charge of 39.00 dollars charged to my account out of nowhere