Citibank / Mastercard / bad customer support & inconsistency!

1 Egypt Review updated:

I have "Mastercard" with Citibank that i have to you becuase my company deals with this bank... I went to he bank yesterday to put 3000$ to extend my mastercard limit andwhat happened:

1- The employee at the counter put it in a wrong way so my mastercard will be clicked once this money appear in my account
2- The mastercard is blocked originally because of late fees (i never used it before & i never activated this card since last December 16).
3- I went to "Nasr City" branck and cleared all that and they confirmed it'll be solve by yesterday night.
4- I called citiphone 4 times and each time they are giving me different information & different feedback on my card status.
5- The shift supervisor in "citiphone" her name is "Alia Soultan" she has very boo customer service skills & she doesn't know about customer satisfaction or customer basic treatment... she clearly showed no responsibility towards that and I'm rescheduling my flight because they blocked my card.

I'm very sorry that i had to deal with this bank.

Comments

7th of Aug, 2008

I've had my credit card with citibank for 7 years. Recently I placed a lum sum payment on the card to clear previous charges. I then relised my credit card had expired & I hadn't received a new one.
    1) I called to get my expiry date which they wouldn't give even though I answered all of the security questions. When I checked the address they sent it to they advised they had the incorrect address on file. Funny that because all of my statements make it to me every month.
    2) I demanded they cancel the other card sent to incorrect address & send the new one to my correct address which was advised it would only take 4 business days.
    3) Now 6 business days later & no access to my credit card I am very angry.
    4) By the 4th day I called citibank to have a status update on day card was sent & they denied access to any of my account info as I apparently didn't answer the security questions correctly. Considering I answered the except same answers the previous week I find this completely unprofessional & fraudulant.

I wouldn't use this credit card bank again as they charge extremely high fees, do not offer customer service even when you speak with management & treat their customers as idiots. No card has been sent & I have absolutely no access to my account. Scarely really isn't it!

• V
      22nd of Aug, 2008

I have cancelled my credit card account with Citi Mastercard because of their poor customer service and lack of probleming solving skills. I recently got married in early June and that is when I called to put my spouse on the account. By July, we still had not received the card I requested but I did get a duplicate card with my name on it for some reason. I called numerous times, and I always got the same excuses, then they finally admitted it takes the ridiculous shipping time of 14 days to get the card. I stayed patience, even dealing with the occasional bad attitude. However by the end of August with no card yet I called for the last time. This time they blamed my postal service even though I receive Citi Mastercard bills. I talked to a supervisor, Mike, who just repeated what everyone else told me and promised me another 14 days for a card that should have already arrived. I told him to cancel my account because as a customer I could not abide such horrible service.

Best decision I made this month!

• Np
      18th of Sep, 2008

Citi Mastercard, three months in a row, has moved the closing date up, but still maintains the "pay by" the first of the following month.

It averages 10 days to receive the bill from date of closing, leaving limited time to pay on time and not "Default", which I believe is their intent.

Sears was doing the same thing by sitting on bills and not mailing them, thus penalties were imposed for late fees until I called them and raised a fuss. I will never use my Sears card again and that's where I'm heading with my Citi card.

I believe all of this is intentional and unethical.

• Ro
      23rd of Sep, 2008

I hope Citi bank go's down they take advantage of poor people give them credit and then put high interest rates on them and if you get behind more and more fees they will threaten you and be little you trying to get your hard earned dollar DONT APPLY FOR CREDIT WITH THEM