Citibank AT&T Universal Credit Card / at&t universal credit card is a rip off!

10 % back as a statement credit on purchases at department, discount and apparel stores until 12/31/06. (up to $100.00). This was the offer sent to me by AT&T Universal. I phoned and attempted to get a list of stores and was told there was none. Activation by me was required; this was done on 11/20/06. Purchases totaling over $1500.00 at Wal-Mart, Home Depot and Harbor Freight were charged.

As my statement date neared I sent messages on the AT&T message center inquiring about when my credit would be posted. First I was told that I was not enrolled in the program. Sent verifying information. Customer service apologized and stated that I was enrolled and stated that the credit would appear on the same statement as the purchase. Sent another message stating that I was ready to pay the statement and asking that the credit be posted. Received a nonsense response: Our records do not indicate that an online payment was successfully completed. Please try again.

At this point I started phoning and was told to call back in 48 hours, was then told to wait till next statement. Waited till next statement, called and was told by service rep that her supervisor stated that I would not receive the credit. She state that Target and JC Penny were department or discount stores but Wal-Mart, Home Depot and Harbor Freight were not. I closed this account and would advise anyone to not consider doing business with AT&T Universal or Citibank.

Comments

Ga
  16th of Mar, 2007

I completely agree. I've had the same problem.

Cj
  3rd of Mar, 2008

citibank is a very misleading they lie and cheat the intrest rate is too high and they don't try and help you when you fall into a situaiton they only race you to pay the bill even on weekendsa and holidays they call they have no symthany for you when you even tell them what your problem is they will not weven work out a affordable payment plan with you athey only want the max and intrest fees and late cost they are quick to take you to court and try suing that all they prefer doing this is a very nasty co, have your id in place they will claim they never called you on sundays or early morning before 8:30 they will tryto lie out the whole thing i hope we can all work together and find a way to close them i have made a complaint with the consmuer afairs about them. so let keep in mind they have citibank and there is a law which stand behind wrong....

Pa
  10th of Apr, 2008

Citibank out and out lies to customers and then will actually say you yourself is the one lying. I had a problem with a payment. My payment account was closed on line so I could not get into my account. I was not recieving written bills from them. Finally I got ahold of them. I set up a payment agreement and my first payment I actually sent $310 dollars more than I agreed on. The next month I payed the agreed amount. One week later I recieved a call telling me I was late with my payment. I questioned them and guess what? First off they do not tape conversations. I told them to listen to the recording and I was told "Oh we do not tape all of our conversations. We may tape random for training purposes only not lawsuits." Well who ever said anything about a lawsuit? I sure didn't. Next they inform me that no agreement was ever made. The computer did not note an agreement was arrainged. When I said are you saying I am lying? I was told in no uncertain terms that no agreement was made with me. I was also informed that since there was no agreement made that my payment was late. I would have an interest rate of 29 plus percent and late fees added. Watch out for this company if you do not get something in writing from them they will proclaim you a liar, jump your interest rate and charge late fees. I also entered another agreement with them for payment and before the witch I was speaking to could say anything I was telling her what the terms would be. Now if I had not already had an agreement with them then how would I ever be able to tell her their terms. Gee I must be psychic or something.