Citibank AT&T Universal Credit Card / at&t universal credit card is a rip off!
10 % back as a statement credit on purchases at department, discount and apparel stores until 12/31/06. (up to $100.00). This was the offer sent to me by AT&T Universal. I phoned and attempted to get a list of stores and was told there was none. Activation by me was required; this was done on 11/20/06. Purchases totaling over $1500.00 at Wal-Mart, Home Depot and Harbor Freight were charged.
As my statement date neared I sent messages on the AT&T message center inquiring about when my credit would be posted. First I was told that I was not enrolled in the program. Sent verifying information. Customer service apologized and stated that I was enrolled and stated that the credit would appear on the same statement as the purchase. Sent another message stating that I was ready to pay the statement and asking that the credit be posted. Received a nonsense response: Our records do not indicate that an online payment was successfully completed. Please try again.
At this point I started phoning and was told to call back in 48 hours, was then told to wait till next statement. Waited till next statement, called and was told by service rep that her supervisor stated that I would not receive the credit. She state that Target and JC Penny were department or discount stores but Wal-Mart, Home Depot and Harbor Freight were not. I closed this account and would advise anyone to not consider doing business with AT&T Universal or Citibank.
More Citibank AT&T Universal Credit Card Complaints & Reviews
- Citibank Credit Card Philippines - citibank 
- Thd / Cbna - incorrect reporting to credit bureaus 
- Citibank London - enquiry 
- Citi Bank, London, U. K. - alerta 
- Citibank Nri - dishonest business practises 
- Citibank San Bruno - customer service
- Citibank - transaction on account from zoosk
- Citibank - home depot card
- Citibank - Citibank Account Specialist Rapid response team
- Citibank - customer service