Citi Bank Diners Club / very poor way to treat customers

1 PO Box 6067The Lakes, NV, United States Review updated:

I was informed by Diners Club that the Diners Award points that I had accumulated over the last 8 years have been forfeited when my company closed my corporate diners club card (Citi Bank). I had joined the awards program on my own and was paying $75/yr since 2000 and had accumulated about 180, 000 points. Diners is saying that they had no responsibility to inform/warn me of the pending forfeiture and that this was my company's responsibility. I disagree in that I joined the awards program on my own and my company had nothing to do with the award program. At the very least, Citi/Diners had a responsibility to notify me of the pending loss of points. I last payed my Diners award membership fee for the year back in October of 2007 which was for the entire year. This is a very poor way to treat customers/people. I have nowhere to turn to as they are refusing to do anything about this saying that I should have read the fine print when I joined the awards club.

Va

Comments

• Ge
      24th of Jul, 2008

I had an awful experience with Diner's Club today. I spoke with Sheri McLaughlin asking to speak to someone in their lead generation department and she hung up on me. The purpose of my call was to invite her to a valuable lead generation summit. Are you kidding me? Asking for help to speak to the right person and she hangs up on me? It wasn't like I was trying to sell her something. It's Diner's loss anyway. These financial conglomerates and cushy corporate people need to be more helpful and respectful. Its consumers like us who help to pay their salaries. Sheri, if you read this I know you'll remember me. I hope your CEO Mr. Lifsec gets a chance to read this. Learn some manners.

George Van Witten