Chrysler/PT Cruiser / Water in tail lights

1 OK, United States Review updated:

I have a 2006 PT Cruiser. Recently a person who had been behind me, pulled up beside me and toldl me all my tail light were out. When checked, there was condensation (water) inside the tail light cover. We replaced the burned out light bulbs and dried out the covers. About a week later, I went through a car wash. Again last week, my tail lights are out and there is more water in the tail light covers. I'm thinking they are shorting out from the water. Going to dealership tomorrow. Has anybody else had this problem?

Ju

Comments

Al
  16th of Nov, 2009

I have this issue now w/ a 2006 pt cruiser, no light burn out yet but I am guessing the seal is worn out but it's not like we have old cars. i've had terrible luck w/ chryslers and the pt cruiser. i am so done with them.

Po
  24th of Apr, 2014

I finally found the source of the water in my tail lights to be in the tight spot between the brakelight and the turn signal light. Looks like the light cause the section to overheat and split creating a large but hard to see opening for water to enter. I used some red high temperature silicone that I had left over to seal it up.

Ro
  27th of Jul, 2014

This is a common problem that I am sure Chrysler surely knows about. I have a 2002, my sister has a 2006, they both have the problem. I have seen the lens assembly half full of water. I drilled holes so it would drain. Guess Chrysler is waiting for a big law suit and really ugly publicity before they do something.