CheapoAir.com / fraudulent prices

1 NY, United States Review updated:

Continuous Lies. Prices quoted online are NOT available. The site lets you "book" that price, then you receive an email hours later claming that that price is not available and has increased. YOu either have to buy the increase, or you can cancel for a fee. You cannot escape paying something, and it's definitely not what was adcertised. Customer service is terrible, tried to say that it was twice the price online, another rep had me on hold for over 40 minutes with not a word to me. STAY AWAY!!!

Comments

• Ka
      16th of Feb, 2009

We had the misfortune of using them this weekend for a trip from Seattle to LA without checking them out first. What a mistake. First of all they didn't give us the flight we had requested, and when we noticed it & called, they wouldn't fix it without us paying $400 in fees. That was after I spent 20-30 minutes on hold for customer service. Then when I acquiesced, and agreed to the fees they stated that there were no seats available on the flights we wanted. I ended up so mad that I went and bought 2 one way tickets to replace that leg directly from the Virgin America instead of trying to find another flight through CheapO. Virgin also gave us the flight and seating we were looking for. Then guess what happened on the return leg? We get to LAX for the return trip with American Airlines. While trying to check in we discover that CheapOAir.com's print out was wrong. It said American Airlines in big print, but we were really booked on Alaska. So we had to pickup all our luggage, make our way from Terminal 5 to Terminal 3. I will say the the people at Alaska Air were great, but I will never use CheapOAir again. I am still kicking myself in the rear for not taking 5 minutes to check them (Cheapoair) out first. I'm so mad I also put CheapOAir.com in my block list on my firewall. No one in this household will be going to that site again.

Best advice - STAY AWAY FROM CHEAPOAIR.COM!

• In
      6th of Apr, 2009

Often airlines have code share flights, all this information is clearly documented on the reservation that the airline maybe American but operated by Alaska. Baggage alerts are also displayed on our website. Virgin America does not have baggage agreements with other carriers, therefore you must claim your luggage, but it is posted on the website.

All information should be reviewed by the customer immediately, once the booking is completed and several days go by, all new charges for the new dates, or times have to be paid. I do apologize that when customers do not review the reservation when it is displayed on the website prior to "submitting", and the final result is an additional expense.

Also, we suggest you contact the airlines 24-48 hours prior to reconfirm your flights, this will only help if information is not clear, and will prevent delays at the airport.

randrews@cheapoair.com
    866-636-9088

• In
      6th of Apr, 2009

CheapOair uses 3rd party software and feed to display fares on over 300 Airlines, 75, 000 Hotels, and 35 Car Rental cos., We use best industry practices to display fares based on the most current data supplied by the GDS's - Global Distribution Systems. The Airlines load their fares on ATPCO, from where the GDS's access these fares and supply to us and other Online Travel Agencies. There is approximately 10-15% chance of the fare not being available which is Industry standard, all major Online agencies have the same policy. This is also due to cached data and not real time data provided to us by the GDS's. We make best efforts to minimize these by reducing our SOLD OUT issues but we are totally dependent on 3rd parties for this information. We regret this and apologize for the in-convenience".

There are several low budget airlines who do not keep their availability updated as quickly as some major carriers. The airlines can take upto 24hour to either accept or deny a reservation, this is out of CheapOair.com control, but we try very hard to accommodate our customers with other options. The fee should of been refunded, not really sure why it was not.

randrews@cheapoair.com