Chase Home Mortgage / mis-informed of total refinance costs

United States Review updated:
I called Chase Mortgage to see about refinancing and the loan officer told me in order to lock in a rate I had to pay a $750 non refundable application fee. I said I have been a Chase customer with my current loan and always on time for its entirety and never heard of such a thing as a non refundable application fee. He said I would get that credired at closing. I asked what my total refinance cost would be and he told me. It seemed to work with what I would save a month so I said okay. The actual paper work of the application showed up and the loan officer had failed to tell me about all the other costs. Now it would be double what he told me on the phone. So, I called and e-mailed saying I was not going to put in the application and not going to sign anything. Please refund my $750. Despite emails to him and his supervisors above they have not responded nor credited me my $750. Looks like Chase is at it again. Has anyone else been getting duped?

A  14th of Apr, 2009 by
We had a similar experience with the exception of a NEW twist added by the Chase underwriter. Since I was the owner of a C-corporation, they treated it like a DBA. Even though I was drawing a monthly salary, paying taxes, etc. They went even further by demanding 2 years corporate taxes and personal taxes. In the end we were denied and lost our $750 dollar because the underwriter deducted the business loss from our annual income therefore resulting in a substantially lower annual income. There has to be some form of retribution from this type of fraudulent activity.

Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank Logo Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank