Chase / harp offered to me by bank
For long time chase have been sending me offers to refinance my home and my second home condo. Almost every month sending me ups envelopes with offers, until finally I opened one and I failed for it. On my home I had a balance of 66, 000 dollars and had left 6 years to pay it off, at a rate of 4.875.. They offer me to refinance to 10 years at 3.375. I decided to do it, and I am hoping to pay it off sooner than the 10 years.
The issue that I find abusive, is chase offering me to refinance my condo, balance of 100, 000 dollars; I have been paying it for 10 years at a rate of 5.5. They want me to refinance again to 30 years at a rate of 4.375 to save myself about 85 dollars a month, but by me refinancing again at 30 years I will be paying them a lot more money in interest. Obviously they will make a lot of money at my expense. I refused it.
This is a harp program, chase is abusing the program by offering it to customers that do not need it, or by selecting customers like me (Frankly I did not needed it) that are about to pay off their houses, so chase is making customers fall in their tramp by offering a point less in interest and making them refinance back to 30 years without customer realizing they will be paying in the long run a lot, a lot more money in interest.In addition chase makes money with the the money or credits they get from the government.
I found banks abusing the system again. Can anybody do something about this. Here we go again banks abusing the system.
More Chase Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - new checking account bonus - correction to coupon code
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - regarding chase account
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - horrible customer service
- JP Morgan Chase Bank, New York, NY - wire transfer
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - closed bank account and can't access money