Chase Credit Card / promotional interest rate scam!
In 1/08, I applied on-line for a 0% APR Credit Card from Chase. I received a credit card and a check from Chase. The credit card said I was approved for $13, 000 and Chase included the check to use for a balance transfer. The afternoon of 2/14/08 I deposited the Chase check for the balance transfer into my Wells Fargo Account. On 2/16/08, I went on-line to AT & T Universal to transfer funds to pay off the AT & T account. I discovered on 1/23/08 had already transferred the balance for me. I had inadvertently duplicated their efforts by writing a check for $13, 000. On 2/16/08 I called Chase Customer Service and explained to Chase Customer Service what happened. They put a stop-payment on the check which had not entered their system, so I would not be charged. The following Wednesday, 2/20, I established my on-line account with Chase. It was then that I discovered the $75.00 fee for the balance transfer. I went ahead and submitted a payment from my checking account for $200.00 for 3/7/08. The on-line payment system did not specify an amount due. On Tuesday, 3/25/08, I received a telephone call, at work, from Chase informing me that I was delinquent on my Chase account because I had only paid $200 and a $247 payment had been due on 3/7/08. I was now delinquent $47.00. It was then that I learned that my 0% APR was 11.4% because I had not lived up to the terms and had shorted them $47.00 on my payment. I had never received a single bill or statement to advise me that a payment needed to be paid. I was also being charged a late fee of $39.00. Chase asked if they could debit my checking account for the payment. Following the call I contacted Chase Customer Service and confirmed the APR adjustment and fees. Chase waived the $39 late fee, but would not make any further adjustments to the APR nor to the.$39 check return fee. I am paying much more in fees in interest now than with my AT &T Universal Credit Card. I looked at my account on-line the following day and discovered that Customer Service had not credit the late fee to my balance.
More Chase Credit Card Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - Chase Bank customer Service
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - Checking Account
- Chase Bank - Asking me to pay for their mistake!
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - customer service
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - mobile banking