Chase Bank / poor customer service!
On 2-29-08, I mailed my monthly payment to Chase Cardmember Service. According to bank records, Chase recieved the payment, and cashed the check on 3-2-08. The check cleared my bank on 3-5-08. The payment was mailed 2 weeks early due to the fact that I was going on vacation.
On 3-26-08, I received my monthly statement that indicated that I had made no payment the previous month. I looked at my check register, and then my monthly check statement, and verified the payment had been mailed and received.
I then contacted Chase "Customer Service." Now there's a contradiction in terms. I was told that I would have to fax all proof of the payment to them, and it would be reviewed by the same department that lost the payment in the first place. "IF" my payment was verified, it would be reflected on my account within 1 or 2 billing cycles.
I asked to speak with a supervisor, and spoke with "Greg." who told me that no payment had been received, and it was my problem to prove otherwise. I asked to speak with Greg's supervisor, and was told that was not possible, even though it was during normal business hours. When I pressed Greg further to speak with his supervisor, I was called a liar, and told no payment had been sent or received.
I now have to wait 1 or 2 billing cycles for Chase to decide that they did receive and cash my check, sent a double payment to "Cath up" my account, and do all of Chase's legwork... all FOR NOTHING.
More Chase Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - chase auto finance / subaru motors finance
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - account / customer service
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - chase liquid account
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - late payment reporting to the credit agencies during home loan modification process.
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - jp morgan chase allowed the criminals to steal $38,900 from my account a letting them get away with that