Chase Bank Usa / snowball style of interest and late fees

1 1802 south IH-35Round Rock, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 512-246-00060

I cancelled the Visa card because of not getting the paper statements. When CHASE called me to go back saying they will send me the paper statements and credit me some miles, I said ok. In august, I got suspecious as I did not get the paper statements as promised. I called and asked, what is my balance? and the person who answered, said $ 123.00. So I thought this must be the final charge and I paid that right away. Then I got a love letter from them about not getting the payment, I was shocked.

Every time you call, they are not empowered to do any thing on the spot. They ask you to fax and wait. Mean while you incurr the late fees, interests etc. on your account. They never give their physical address and would not call or receive phone to get the matter clarified.

Why should I pay for the mistakes I did not make? (Not getting paper statement and giving me the wrong balance?

Their mailing address was - Chase Card Services, POBox 15298, Wilmington, DE 19850

My account endS in 0689.

PLEASE DIRECT ME TO GET SOME RESULTS. At this time my balance is $434.95 which has the majority in Interest, penalties and late charges (In excess of $ 225.00)....PLEASE HELP.

Funny, when I cancelled y account, they cancelled my account and issued new card ending with 0689 which I did not ask for.

Comments

• Ke
      1st of Feb, 2008

After years of holding my account open with chase and not charging anything. I recieved a online statement stating, I have an past due amount on my card. I immediately called and they were so helpful erasing all charges and issuing me a new card. I was a little low on money one month, so I decided to use there convenience checks to pay some bills. What a horrible mistake. I pull up my staement and to my surprise I have two declined check fees attached to my bill. I again immediately call, thinking I will get the same prompt and courteous service. Boy, was I wrong. See they closed my prevoius account in november and sent me new convenience checks on the old account in january. I wrote the checks assuming they had to be for the new account. Wrong they sent me old checks that were no good. Thus leaving me in more debt than I started with. I agreed to take part responsiblity but they would'nt take any responsiblity for mailing me BAD CHECKS, two month after the account was closed. They don't care. SCAM ARTIST. Don't try to get a name and number of anyone in corporate, it just won't happen. My advice to anyone thinking of opening up a chase account: DON"T DO IT!!!!!!! I believe they sit in there corporate meetings and think of legal ways to immorally screw there customers.