Chase Bank / credit card cancellation

1 San Francsco, CA, United States Review updated:

Chase canceled my credit card, which was an account that was transferred from Washington Mutual. In the notice they said that it was because they checked with Experian and I had too many high accounts. The thing is that I had a payment protection in this card and that was covering all my monthly payments and the credit card had around 50% of credit in use. They just sent me the letter saying it was canceled and at the bottom it had the already widely known wamuclosure1 that many people are mentioning.

To me, this seems like they have targeted a very specific area of credit card holders without giving any option except paying all the account at once.

Very bad on Chase and I hope the Consumer Protection Bureau takes a stand on this.

Comments

• Ga
      3rd of Feb, 2010

I, too am a VICTIM of Chase's predatory, unscrupulous, and downright criminal practices. I suffered Sudden Cardiac arrest on June 2, 2008. I had a WaMu credit card that had an excellent history of on time payment, low balance, and high credit line with a low apr. I also had the WaMu credit protection plan. I was out of work, due to the heart condition, and filed for my SSDI, and also started the claim with all my credit card accts that had payment protection on them. Chase continually gave me the run around, sending endless forms, even duplicating letters and forms, then once I was "approved", closed the acct, and then stated that because of the date of my letter from Social Security approving my disability, that my claim would be under "Chase's"
    "payment protection" plan. The WaMu plan would have paid off any balance remaining as of the date of the disability.Chase only "waives" payments for 24 months, yet still accrues interest, which they more than doubled, again citing a mysterious Experian report. Then to top all of that, they suddenly stop the "protection plan" and started sending me bills showing "past due" and adding in "late fees" and on and on. I am looking for more of these instances to show a pattern, and start a class action suit. Contact me if this has happened with you as well. My e mail is
    heavensongs@hotmail.com