Chase Bank / illegal credit card practices

1 New York, NY, United States Review updated:

Just another example that the banking industry is full of crooks. While my tax dollars were used to loan Chase Manhattan money, Chase operates without scruples to rip off its customers at every turn.

Here is what happened:

I paid off my Chase credit card balance in full, or so I thought. There was actually a leftover balance of $8, due to rolling finance charges. I was late paying the $8 dollars by two months because I was unaware of their being any leftover balance on the card. Does Chase do the normal course of business which is to charge a late fee? No, they cancel my card and effect my credit rating over $8.00. Its important to note, that I was always on time with my payments in the past. When I got the letter my account was closed, Chase was unrelenting in it being a done deal. I called, wrote letters, and they just don't care. I'm doing a full court press writing Obama, my congressman, and any posting at any blog I can. All there advertising and PR is BS...they are willing to screw over any consumer if it saves them a buck, or in this case $8.00. Feel free to email me at aaronroyerolpc.com if you have similar experiences.

I appreciate this site for giving consumers a voice.

Thanks for listening!

Aaron

Aaron Royer

Comments

• Bo
      11th of Aug, 2009

I just got screwed by Chase but the closed all 3 of my credit card accounts. Not because I was late. 1 card didn't even have a balance. One only had a couple hundred dollars on it. But I called and activated my credit card protection plan on just 1 of the cards. The credit card protection plan I have been paying a fortune for for years.

Why do I have so many Chase credit cards? Not by choice. They keep gobbling up at smaller credit card companies so suddenly I have a wallet full of Chase.

Here is a plan. Everyone, cancel everything you have by Chase; credit cards, checking accounts, savings accounts, loans, etc. Take your business and your support to your small home town bank. Let Chase choke on all their debt. How would that be for poetic justice?