Chase Bank / I will never do business with chase bank again

I was treated terribly at the Fry’s grocery store branch on 22nd and Harrison in Tucson AZ (9401 E 22nd St, 85710). Both the managers were rude and really very incompetent. By the end our interaction had become spiteful and refused to correct branches mistakes. I cannot believe that a business could operate with this little regard for a customer. When I requested to close my account due to a lack of trust of the people at the branch they refused to close the account. I did persist and was able to close the account.

The employees were disingenuous when signing me up to say the least, as well as rude and as i said, incompetent. I was informed they had lost one of my signatures for the account, I was advised that my cash deposit would be available to pay my electric bill. It was not, I was then told it would be available the next morning, it was not. They were unable to work their own computer until I advised them it was likely a loose connection to the monitor. They would ignore me and talk over me consistently even raising their voice to do so. Rosalie would eventually concede my request to close the account only to leave and be replaced who would then refuse.

My drivers license was taken and not returned. They refused to assist me with the paying of my electric bill through the chase web site unless I agreed to keep the account open long term. When I requested the amount of my cash deposit be returned I was refused repeatedly. When I mentioned that if I was personally to behave this way I would be breaking the law, my money was was all but thrown at me. I was told that a request to change the destination of my existing direct deposit had been made and the branch would not correct this error, rather I would need to. Although, what exactly was meant was not explained to me.

When I returned to retrieve my drivers license I found them whispering and laughing amongst themselves. regrettably, I failed to note the name of one knowledgeable representative who did not seem hostile and did sound knowledgeable. Needless to say I will never do business with Chase bank again.