Chase Bank / worst bank on earth
The chase bank took over for washington mutual not too long ago. Last month I realized I had forgotten to mail my payment in time for it to be received by the due date of 4/7/09. I decided on 4/7/09 to make the payment by phone so it wouldn't be late. I called, made the payment by phone and got charged $9.95. Today, when looking at my may bill, I realized they had a late payment fee for $39.00 on my bill. When I called the "advisor", no longer called customer service!!, I was told that I had made my payment by phone after 4pm eastern time which is apparently 3pm my time in biloxi, ms. I pointed out that they had charged me $9.95 to pay it by phone and that if I had known they were going to count it as late, I would have just mailed it in and not paid by phone. I asked them to take one of those charges off, she refused. I asked to speak with a supervisor, I was told a supervisor wouldn't take my call and that there was no one over her for me to talk to. Frustrated, I asked if she was refusing to let me speak to a supervisor, she said "correct!!" I couldn't believe it! I told her to cancel my account, which she did. She made a few more smart aleck remarks and I just told her i'd call back and speak with someone else.
I called back and was put on the phone with a male supervisor named "christopher". I explained the situation and asked about if he really thought chase was being fair? He didn't answer but made it clear that they would not take off any charges, and that they had taken over for washington mutual and had made changes. Realize there was never any loud speaking or name calling, just simply letting me know that they no longer want or apparently need my business. He even told me that while he sympathized, if I wanted to re-open my account today, I would have to be re-evaluated. I told him to forget it. It was obvious they didn't care if they lost customers.
I am just shocked!! I had no idea there was no more customer service at these credit card companies. What the hell did congress give these huge companies all this money for if they are going to be so horrible to the public??? I hope one day they send me a request to get a card. They will get an earful!!
More Chase Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - new checking account bonus - correction to coupon code
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - regarding chase account
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - horrible customer service
- JP Morgan Chase Bank, New York, NY - wire transfer
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - closed bank account and can't access money