Chase Bank / annual fee

1 Wilmington, DE, United States Review updated:

We send our statement back to cancel our credit card as the annual fee was more than we wanted to pay since we did not use this card. Had not been used in many many months. They said they did not get the cancellation.
When the second statement came, it was still on there so I sent it again and said we cancelled this card.

Then I got a notice saying it was overdue and I then found a way to get someone in the email message dept. They say the annual fee is due as it was not cancelled in time. I do not understand why it would be fair to charge you for an annual fee that the card has been cancelled and I do believe they got the request to cancel and they just ignored it hoping it would just get paid. I do not feel this is fair or legal and need help.

Lk
Feb 22, 2017

Comments

• Po
      23rd of Feb, 2017

Did you call to cancel your card? Do you have proof of receipt? Did you confirm the address with a representative over the phone? I have never heard of someone sending a statement back with a request to cancel on it. You might as well be sending letters.