Chase Auto Loan / rude

My husband and I had to file for chapter 11 after my cancer diagnosis 8 months ago. We were told by our lawyer to stop paying our bills and that our claim was being processed. We have continuously been harrassed by Chase. We give them our lawyer's phone number and tell them that we are filing BK. Each time they call us back and tell us that we are lying and that there is no claim. We received a phone call from their collections department that we were going to have our car repoed. Today, luckily, my husband had the car at work, and they showed up. He was rude to me and was trying to look around my house without stepping on my property more then he had to to look into our windows. He kept harrassing me asking me when my husband would be home and telling me he'd be back the next day. He was extrememly rude. I asked him twice what it was regarding and he wouldn't tell me, like I was stupid and couldn't figure it out. This company is rude and unwilling to listen or understand any situation. We are dealing with me having cancer and are now worried that our only transportation to chemo is going to be taken away. We have been dealing with our lawyer daily and he is trying to figure this out but chase isn't even handling this with him. They are a bunch of jerks.

Comments

• Ju
      23rd of Sep, 2007

chase is the worst auto financing company to deal with. Even If you are one day late they will call
    you up to twenty times a day. They are ruthless.

They also make threats. Why arent they being regulated. They should be served with a class action
    lawsuit for harrasement.

If anyone know if there is a pending lawsuit please let
    me know. I would happily join in.

• Te
      20th of Jun, 2008

Chase will call you when you are a day past due, that is agreed, but if you don't have a claim number for you bankruptcy chase will continue to call, until the claim has been completed. and possibly recover the car, you are required to make your payments on time, until you have your claim (docket) number.

16th of Jul, 2008

We also have a huge problem going on with chase right now. We had a truck repossessed. It was towed for illegal parking. Chase sent us letters stating they were going to reposess the vehicle so we told them where it was and to pick it up. We received letters from chase that they had the truck and if we don't come up with the $30K then they would sell it. Well, we got letters days later which stated they sold the truck for $1650. That is because CHASE never went and picked up the truck at the tow yard. The tow yard literally stole that truck for the storage charges that were incurred. As far as we know, Chase never sent anyone there to pick it up. And now, we have to pay the price!! We NEVER got any letters from chase stating they never picked it up, only letters saying they got it. We are in the process of getting atty's, writing to atty generals office etc but we may end up owing this money because of the incompetancy of Chase!!!

• Go
      1st of May, 2009

You should pay your bills on time if you dont want to get all these calls from collections. And do not get a vehicle that is beyond your means to avoid being hounded by the bank! It's as simple as that!

• Tr
      12th of Feb, 2010

1) Pay your bills
    2) Pay your bills on time
    3) Chase is not UNICEF

Everyone is always complaining about ### like this. This is not a complain about Chase's service at all. Every company does this. Its a secret but I will tell you why they do this and you may be shocked to find out...TO MAKE MONEY.

Last time I checked they provide you with a service and in return they get money. If they don't get their money then you dont get a service.

oh and to Cheryl, Whose fault is it for getting the truck impounded for illegal parking?...Not Chase's...Whose fault is it for it being sold? Not chase's. You think chase wants to pay your parking tickets? Hell no.

This is strictly your fault. You didnt pay your car note and you didnt pay your fine. Im amazed that people like you can live in this world. Tell me you don't have kids, I dont want your genetics passed on in this world. This world is full of people like you...stupid lazy idiots.

M Schwab, I have sympathy for you and your family. Your reason is perfectly fine but you need to understand that the company wants its money and they dont care about anything else. I really don't know too many companies that are not like this.