Chase Auto Finance / stealing my money

I recently found out that my checking account was overdrawn, although I knew that all my checks had cleared and I have available money. After contacting my bank to inquire, I came a cross a check that had been posted twice to my account, with the second post overdrawing my account, leaving me with fees and the frustration to seek out what was going on. Come to find out that the check being deposited twice was for my car payment. Further investigation showed that Chase Auto Finance attempted made payment once electronically, then again by mailing in the check to my bank! when I called Chase the explanation I was given was " I'm sorry for your inconvenienced" and " I don't know how fix that problem" Ultimately it was left for me to fix, and I was informed that I have to wait until the research board makes a determination! I have filed a complaint with my bank, this site and will be contacting Better Business Buearu. This was completely their fault and they refuse to acknowledge it!

Comments

• Su
      14th of Sep, 2007

This happened to me with Wells Fargo Auto Finance. I hounded them, wrote to the BBB and everyone else and demanded they refund my NSF fees and fix everything. I went to my bank and disputed the double charge. Sometimes, the bank will reverse the double payment within 3 days. And, I wound up getting a check from Wells Fargo for the NSF fees they caused. Be persistent - don't give up.