certegy check writing company / declined check 1 year ago

1309 greenroad stLake Charles, LA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 337-433-2170
i wrote a check to k-mart 1 year ago during the holidays to and was declined , i then called the certegy number and the explanation i recieved was the check sequence was not in order. well what about checks that you write to various creditors or utilities and mail that have not been posted. so check #'s 2100, 2200, 2300 & 2400 may have been written and mailed the previous day and then you go to k-mart and you get declined because they don't have any record of those checks being written. i went through christmas eve not being able to buy the presents i had left because unfortunately my husband was out of town with the debit card. whalla! major whammy. needless to say i was so upset that i have not written a check to any merchent store for one whole year. i only write to utilities, car note etc.. how unfair is that. so does anyone know how to get a hold of certegy? thier websit is like a crackhead hiding from the landlord wanting the rent. as i am writing this i am feeling the whole situation replayed and i feel like the red headed stepchild of the check writing world. same goes for telecheck because the ball rolled uphill to telecheck and so on.

Comments

Mi
  23rd of Feb, 2008
My information was stolen from CERTEGY by there employee now I am having trouble writing checks can I get into a class action sute against them, they are a bad check cashing company they should do away with them lets dont do business with any one who uses them
Ti
  5th of Mar, 2008
I wrote a check at Pep Boys and it was declined. The reason reported was my bank has a limit. I called Certegy and finely talked to a person, They reported nothing wrong with my account. So now what? I called my bank concering a limit. They reported no limit on my accout. I guess I'll need to ask each time before I write a check about who they use to verify the check.

FISGlobal.com / Certegy Logo FISGlobal.com / Certegy