Certegy Check Services / overcharged

1 P. O. Box 30046Tampa, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-543-5074

I attempted to write a check at my local grocers. I have been shopping in this Fallbrook, CA Albertsons for 15 years. I was given the phone number for Certigy Services as they were the new company being used by Albertsons for check guarantee. After contacting them they informed me I had a return check from Shaws Grocers in the amount of $60.00. California does not have Shaws Grocery Stores. They are located in Maine or Massachusettes.

After agreeing that the checking account the check was written on was not mine and the name on the check was not my name, they instructed me to fax them an Affidavit of Fraud, which I did on the very same day. 6 phone calls and 4.5 hours later (over a period of 4 weeks) and I am still in their NSF check file. I work in the legal profession and asked them if they were a Corporation and they told me NO. They are of course. I will be filing a lawsuit against them for Bad Faith Collection practices.

Va

Comments

Li
  16th of Dec, 2008

I would write a letter to the CEO Jeff Noddle. That is totally outrageous and you have not been treated that way.

Jeff.Noddle@Supervalu.com