The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Certegy — denied check
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
My check for $249.63 was denied today for a purchase I was making at Sears by Certegy. Sears gave me the phone number to contact of Certegy who is their check service. My first call to the said number contacted me with a computer voice who took my information and advised that the denial was not because of insufficient funds or my personal history but that something triggered a factor that lay "outside their guidelines". A second computer voice invited me to provide more of my private financial information in order to enroll in their free "Certegy Gold" program to help prevent this from happening again. When I finally was able to speak to an actual person - they advised that they were not privy to exactly what it was about my check that caused it to be denied. No further information could be gleaned despite going up the chain to several supervisors. The incident was embarassing and an affront to my integrity. From reading these complaints I see that I am not alone. I intend to inform Sears that I will no longer do business with them because of this and am sharing my experience with my family and friends to warn them to avoid any business that uses "Certegy". They need to be reported to the FTC.
More Certegy Complaints & Reviews
- Certegy Check Services / Walmart - declined to cash a payroll check at walmart
- Certegy Check Services - declined checks!
- Certegy / Walmart - declined to cash paroll check
- Certegy Check Services - walmart's check cashing services
- Certegy Check Services - failure to cash my check!
- certegy check writing company - declined check 1 year ago
- Certegy - money order verfication
- Certegy - wouldn't cash my check
- Certegy Check Services - checks refused!
- Certegy Check Authorization - check declined for no reason!