[Resolved] Cell C / defective device and bad service

Malmesbury, South Africa

I signed up for a contract on 31 march - new data contract (and lte router) at cell c malmesbury (account # [protected]). I had wifi for one day (1 april). I ould connect to the rooter, but not to the internet. I went to the branch in malmesbury every day that following week. they could not help me. I even left the rooter with them for a day, so they could try to get it working, when I went to pick it up they told me that it was working fine. I got home, and nothing!! in the meantime r195 was deducted from my bank account for the connection fee. eventually they told me that the rooter was not connecting because I had not yet received data and that I needed to wait untill 1 may. on the first of may I received the data, but it was 5g day and 5g night. not what I signed up for. I took out a contract for 10g day and 10g night. r286.40 was deducted from my bank account for the monthly fee. the rooter was still not working. I went back to the branch. they now told me that there was a problem with the rooter and the sim card. on 3 may I spent almost 3 hours on the phone with their call centre. I wanted to end the contract. they told me that I had to pay r1899 for the rooter. I told them that I was not paying for a rooter that never worked. I went back to the branch in malmesbury. the decided to send the rooter in for "repairs".
On 8 may they phoned me, saying that I must come in to the branch. they now told me that the contract has been cancelled and that I do not have to pay for the rooter. I asked for my money back. why must I pay for something that never worked? the shop assistant told met that they could not give my money back. I want comfirmation of the cancellation, because I am not sure if they cancelled the debit order, I never signed anything. and I want my money back!!!

• Resolution statement

• Cell C Customer Care's Response, May 11, 2017

Hi LynetteleRoux

Thank you for bringing the matter to our attention.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

The matter has been escalated and we will be calling you to assist.

^NS

• Cell C Customer Care's Response, May 12, 2017

Dear Ms. Roux

Thank you for taking our call.

Please note as per our conversation, your refund is being processed and the funds will reflect in your bank account within the next 3-5 working days.

^NS