Cell C Connect / unauthorised contract

1 South Africa Review updated:

My previous complaint lodge I have not include the cell no in question. As mentioned in previous complaint a contract was sold to me where I was under the impression that I was upgrading my existing contract held with another company which I am very happy with. After realising that a 2 nd contract was issued I have begged them to cancel it because I cannot afford 2 contracts and will not need to have 2, but unfortunately they ignored my request after numerous telephone calls and e mails and faxes. The cell number which was issued to me unknowingly is;
Cell no [protected]
Account no. [protected]
I have arranged with someone else to take over this contract. On 23/1/2009 I have sent them all the necessary documentation regarding the change of ownership and up to date no response was received from them. Numerous phone calls were made and I am put on hold for hours until the annoying voice of 'cell c for yourself" tape. Up to date nothing was received back from cell c connect regarding the change of ownership. This is definetly the worse company I have ever came across offering this kind of service.
Can someone please attend to this complaint by please phone me on
Tel: o458392008
Cell no. [protected]

Mrs a. S. Bouwer
[protected]

Comments

• Li
      23rd of Apr, 2009
    Cell C Connect - No customer services!!
    South Africa

Cell C sold a contract to me over the phone, which I received swiftly. But I never requested for the contract to be activated on a new number, which they did. I have sent a lot of emails, phoned several times and now I'm complaining on the second complaints board. I have received no service at all, no one is willing to help me. And all that needs to be done is the changing of a number! I have even received an email telling me that they are not able to help me! Cell C does not keep to their side of the contractual agreement and provides extremely bad customer service.

• Ed
      4th of Aug, 2009
    Cell C Connect - Telemarkerters
    South Africa

Cell C Connect, have repeatedly phoned me for the last few month,
    every time this occurs I have asked them to remove me from their database and stop contacting me. They phoned me yesterday I asked to speak to a manager who assured me that they would remove me from their database and stop phoning me.
    This did not occur for today I received another call from them,
    I asked to speak to the Manager, they said all the Managers where in a meeting.
    I then asked to speak to the CEO (who is apparently called Shaun).
    I left a message for Shaun and was assure that he would contact me and resolve the situation.I have reported this Incident to ICASA and Cell C themselves to resolve.

13th of Feb, 2010
    Cell C Connect - Breach of Cell C Connect Contract
    South Africa

My father was contacted by Cell C Connect Call Centre offering him this wonderful Cellphone Contract where he would receive this wonderful top of the list Cellphone with all the wonderful perks. He agreed to it telephonically and they promised to deliver his new phone to his work adress. He received the package that was delivered by RAM hand-to-hand couriers and made the mistake of not checking the parcel before they left. Much to his disappointment, when he dit eventually open the sealed package, the was a charger and an empty Nokia 1680 Classis box with only the charger inside. Since the 21st May 2009 when he received this package, he has being battling to get hold of these people. He does not receive any monty statements or invoices from them, but the debit order for the communicated amount of R140 continues to be deducted from his bank account. He is to scared to cancel the debit order, being afraid that his name will be black listed without the so-call cellphone company contacts him. Is he allowed to cancel the debit order and if not, how does he get this matter resolved if nobody wants to speak to him?

• Dr
      4th of Oct, 2010
    Cell C Connect - Everybody should think twice before believing the promises of Cell C Connect
    cellc.co.za

Everybody should think twice before believing the promises of Cell c connect when taking out a contract - Oh the wonderful vouchers you wil get until xmas ect. They just did not tell you how difficult if not impossible it will be to obtain one. You are supposed to sms the word 'voucher' to a number and then you are supposed to receive a number! NO No - The message I received is that unfortunately my voucher period has ended. For the first month (August until now) I missed the first months voucher because Mervin, the telesales guy did not give me the correct instructions and when I phoned So music the last day of August - Guess what - They were OFFLINE! By the end of September I had the same problem and again my period has expired and SO music were offline again - nice pattern! My assistant spent the whole morning on the phone to sort it out and in the end it was sorted and I have received my goodies yesterday - thanks. Today is just a repeat of the whole procedure -again ' my period has expired' and again a whole lot of hours must be wasted just to redeem a voucher - I wonder how many people has just given up on trying to redeem their vouchers.

• Fe
      11th of May, 2011

WHAT IS THE USE OF PROVIDING FREE BROWSE THROUGH BLACKBERRY IF THE INTERNET IS PERMANTLY OFF. PLEASE RE-INSTALL URGENTLY AS WE AS THE PUBLIC WOULD LIKE TO USE THIS SERVICE WHICH IS PAID FOR ON A MONTLY INSTALLMENT OF +-R60. YOU DONT ASK IF YOU CAN TAKE THE MONEY, YOU JUST DO IT!!! THIS IS THE MOST DISGUISTING SERVICE I'VE EVER COME ACROSS...

• Ce
      8th of Jun, 2011
    Cell C Connect - Advice for Cell C Connect Customers
    South Africa

Cell C Connect, If you have any complaints against this company, then this is my advice to you.
    Cancel your contract, giving a months notice on month 23 of your 24 month contract.
    You can do this directly with a Cell C store or via email on the Cell C website.
    You don't have to deal with Cell C Connect to do this.
    REMEMBER that Cell C Connect will CONTINUE to earn COMMISSION on your contract as long as the cell number is active. Every call you make or sms you send, Cell C Connect will earn a cut, even if you renew your contract at a non Cell C Connect franchise.
    Cancel the contract completely and take out a new one with someone that deserves it!